No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I got a Rocket tank bag, put my KR decal on the windscreen, and put some TireFlys on the valve stems. I have always been a little concerned about the lack of visible lights and refelectors on the sides of my Kat so the Tireflys should help that, and look cool in the process.
    Originally posted by katanawarrior
    I keep coming here because of the smileys, really.

Comment

• I finished detailing the engine, waxed my plastics, installed my red Pro-Bolt sprocket nuts, installed my carbon fiber bezel kit, and tried to straighten my license plate bracket.
      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
        Really ? Why ?
        The front fairing- not just the light. That wouldn't make sense unless I was getting it painted, um...weathered lense colored?

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
        -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Hello, first time poster long time reader.... A friend and I cut off the shovel on my 06 Kat 600. It took 15 minutes and that includes cleaning up the small mess it made and putting away the tools. I was happy how it came out but my wife doesn't like it....

(pics are NOT the greatest as I took them with my BlackBerry and it was getting dark out)
          Attached Files
          Last edited by SgtCyborg; 04-01-2009, 07:06 AM.

Comment

• Put new seals in the forks, put it back together and waiting for the weekend to ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raspen View Post
              How, Why, Where ? Pics
              ive got 6 under the front fender, 14 on the bottom of the triple tree, 24on each side, and 14 in the rear. The rest that are not on are gonna be 48 on the bottom of the bike and 48 more on the rear above the rear tire. And maybe more if i decide thats not enough.

the pic is not showing up its in my garage sorry for the quality was taken with my cell phone
              Last edited by ancstalker; 04-01-2009, 01:55 AM.
              Ride within your limits. Not sombody elses.

sigpic
              88 GSX1100F Kat

Comment

• Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                I got a Rocket tank bag, put my KR decal on the windscreen, and put some TireFlys on the valve stems. I have always been a little concerned about the lack of visible lights and refelectors on the sides of my Kat so the Tireflys should help that, and look cool in the process.
                Dude , maybe not the best idea . Can damage your valve stems after a while , as well as looking ghey

Originally posted by Free Coffee View Post
                The front fairing- not just the light. That wouldn't make sense unless I was getting it painted, um...weathered lense colored?

Um , I meant why is the bike out of commission ?
                Last edited by md86; 04-01-2009, 02:32 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• I rode my Kat for the first time yesterday, and i am soooo in love

//Rasp

Comment

• Originally posted by md86 View Post

Um , I meant why is the bike out of commission ?
                    Ha! That makes waaaaay more sense. Because it's been raining/drizzling here for three days and it isn't going to stop 'till the weekend. I don't want the wiring harness etc to get soaked. I'm also a little worried about the drag on the side fairings at high speed- I've got a tweaked right fairing (cracked under turn signal) that I don't want to make any worse.

I think we're on the same page now.

"People rike me. Because I force them to. With viorence!"
                    -Travis of the Cosmos

Comment

• Tweaked fairing ? wonder if I got any good close-up pics of MY fairings .....

ABove that hole that ain't supposed to be there is a crack that runs ALMOST all the way up to the engine . I superglued it and put duct tape on the wet glue like 4 or 5 years ago . THe tape is finally separating . Only been what , 30k miles or so .
                      I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

• Originally posted by Shifty View Post
                        and put some TireFlys on the valve stems.
                        Enjoy them, I had a set on my Jetta and all were gone by like the three month mark. Whether they fell off or were stolen But they disappear pretty fast
                        90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                        I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                        Originally posted by soulless kaos
                        but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• This was actually yesterday but I put on my new shining bar ends I got from Cheriff and they look sweet!!! Just waiting for the rain to go away so I can ride.... I don't want to melt

Comment

• I looked at it and let go a long sigh and a single tear ran down my face because I've yet to ride my kat since I bought it 2 weeks ago. We just got a last little 'screw you' dump of snow last night so it made riding today impossible. probably this weekend
                            1999 Katana 750

Comment

• beautiful day! took it the long way to my sisters house to stop for some ice cold water cuz i was legit sweating, even though i was riding. i now know what people are talking about when they say that riding takes a lot out of you.

also i really discovered that i need to get the remainder of the bolts and everything cuz i honestly dont think that my gas tank is securely attached. and bump i go over i hear a 'clank' and hen sitting at a stop light i actually was able to lift it and shift it around, which makes me uncomfortable. understandably
                              "Ride Safe, Ride Often"

sigpic

Comment

• Bolts

yeah, it would probably help if the tank were bolted down you should be able to pick them up at the hardware store

Comment

Working...
                                X