What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by md86 View Post
    You dropped your Kat ?
    Hmmm....Well it's not quite a Kat but it's not a moped either. It's somewhere in between. :mrgreen:

Originally posted by Absyn-thesis View Post
    OUCH, tink. Hope you're unhurt! Much damage?

The first time I dropped mine I think I taught the neighbors a few new words...
    Just a little bit of a scratch. I am a new rider and was practicing the cone weave and just got moving and it kinda just fell over. No harm. Just get on it and try again. I was a little aggravated but it's all good.
    sigpic

“Two things awe me most, the starry sky above me and the moral law within me.”

“Immaturity is the incapacity to use one's intelligence without the guidance of another.”

Immanuel Kant

Comment

• Started taking care of this:

The tumbling stones did a good job on the rust flakes, but more work will be needed.

I wish I had more time to work, the bike still looks kinda naked
      sigpic
      »Ross Wendell
      »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• be patient the bike you imagine will so appear! Good Luck!

where did you buy your frame sliders
        Last edited by greeneyedream; 03-27-2009, 02:59 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        2001 GSX 750-F Katana

"Greeneyedream"

Comment

• Installed a Barnett clutch, new metals and springs. Repaired cracks in plastic. Fired it up for the first time this year. Its getting close, I can feel it. Have a great day all.

Comment

• Originally posted by RossW View Post
            Started taking care of this:

The tumbling stones did a good job on the rust flakes, but more work will be needed.

I wish I had more time to work, the bike still looks kinda naked
            http://web.mit.edu/rossw/www/bike/spring/IMG_2334.JPG

You should consider the electrolysis method... it works very well.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Yeah, I plan on doing the electrolysis now that the big flakes are taken care of. I'm still trying to decide if I want to bother coating the tank or not. I probably should just so I never have to worry about it again.
              sigpic
              »Ross Wendell
              »1992 Katana 600, 1987 MR2 turbo, 2005 Corolla

Comment

• Originally posted by Tinkerbell View Post
                Just a little bit of a scratch. I am a new rider and was practicing the cone weave and just got moving and it kinda just fell over. No harm. Just get on it and try again. I was a little aggravated but it's all good.
                Ouch twice. Glad there was no more harm than a bit of aggravation.

Training accidents seem almost required--I seem to have to push the boundaries (in training) until something gives. Then I know know where I have to work hardest. My first (and only) rolling drop was just such an occasion: I was riding on a gravel road and (having gotten over the initial fright) decided to see how my bike handled braking on gravel. On the fourth attempt, with progressively more front brake, I managed to identify the warning that the front wheel was about to let go on gravel: The warning consisted of a sharp rolling impact on my right side and about $3000 worth of plastics, signals, pegs, and riding gear damage.

Again, glad you're unhurt!
                High-velocity Geek

'06 GSX750F

Comment

• Just spontaneously came home from muncie. Im in fort wayne now, just got done changing my oil/filter... lubed up the chain... gave her a good bath... and filled my tires to spec before heading back to school tomorrow (to beat the storm coming at 3).... now that its nice out I figure I should bring it down and get some poon

Comment

• i did oil change/painted rear footpeg brackets black/painted rear brake leaver black/ and put a new avion rear tire on
                    sigpic

Comment

• Fixed my f'd up wheel stripes on the back tire, one side anyway.
                      This "Phat Chick" rides her own!!!
                      BTW, I think they may have been correct. It does appear that BLACK is indeed the FASTEST color. R.O.R...R.I.P.M

Welcome to KatRiders.com!Click here to register

Support the KR.com site by shopping here: http://www.motorcyclegear.com/?utm_m...iderscom"]Help

Comment

• I just got it back today.... New plugs,new paint,new gold powder coating on the wheels,fuel door,bar clips and top clamp,new seat,new suspension and new HID headlamp.....
                        Still dirty in the picture from paint dust, but cleaning that up can be in the "what did you do to your Kat today thread" Tomorrow...
                        Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

• I brought my kat home

Comment

• Cleaned it up a little better and opened the garage door to take a picture...

Representing the Pre's! Updated my Garage so have a look!

Comment

• took her out strecth her legs a little - she doesn't like being a 2-3 mile commuter only 8-P

Comment

• Looks good dood, cannot wait to go burn some gas. Long awaited paint but it sure looks worth it..

LOOKS GREAT...

Oh BTW from the pics of the day we brought it home till now, I will nominate this bike for KAT of the Month!!!
                                Eric
                                "I am not going faster officer, everyone else is going slower than I was"

Comment

Working...
                                X