No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Went for a ride to grab a burger and some beer and ended up rolling back into the garage with 35k on the clock and new exhaust gaskets in the mail!
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Derek939 View Post
      Went for a ride to grab a burger and some beer and ended up rolling back into the garage with 35k on the clock and new exhaust gaskets in the mail!
      National beer day done right
      1998 Katana 750
      1992 Katana 1100
      2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• today I rode my Kat.

Help Support Katriders.com via Motorcyclegear.com

Comment

• Looked at it, knowing it's next in line to take all of my spare time.
          1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

• Wired up, switch figured out (screw time delay relays) and waiting to be painted/reassembled.

2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
            - Aaron

Comment

• I remembered my Kat today, and wished like hell I were on it headed for San Diego parts to say how do you do to 92xjunker, eat a moon pie with an RC Cola, and then head up the west coast.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

• Ok it was yesterday. Made it 220 miles into a ride to return my 6 year old's rental skis. Great ride down. Had to stop by the inlaw's vacation place to drop off some paperwork since it is just up the road from the ski rental place. It is a few miles up a dirt road with the last 1.5 miles being a narrow shelf road. It was dry but 4" deep ruts left from vehicles when it was muddy. My Kat, 2 V-strom 650's and a BMW GS1100 made it to the cabin. One V-strom and the BMW made it home. Just as we left the cabin I heard some bad sounds in my headset and then some moaning! Looked back and one of the guy's got in one of the ruts and got slammed into the ground. Luckily the inlaws keep a spare vehicle there so we took that home. I guess that ended up ok since it ended up having some rain and light snow on the way home. Looks like my friend fractured 2 ribs. Bent his engine guard flat against the bike and engine and buckled the skid plate. Me and another friend will return the vehicle next week and ride the bikes back. At least another good ride is set. Too bad it will be a bit before the guy that fell will be back on the bike.

Comment

• Mmmmm, moon pie..
                  "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                  spammer police
                  USAF veteran
                  If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Opened up a box with 1 big goodie in it today. My rebuilt shock from Tmod!!!

Now to figure out how to installed a 750 shock on a 600 (nitrogen canister mounting location).
                    - Aaron

Comment

• It's a snap, canister is strapped to the frame rail.
                      "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                      spammer police
                      USAF veteran

Comment

• Rotella T6

I switched my 1999 Katana 600 with 30,000 miles over to Rotella T6 full Synthetic oil with a K & N filter. Next will be a smoke tinted windscreen to compliment the Black paint. This is going on my third year with this bike and it has been a great bike. I always get compliments about it. not bad for $1,500!

Comment

• Just finished repainting and sealing the tank, need to see how it looks outside in the sun.
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran

Comment

• Got my carbs out of the sauce last night. Commence rebuild.
                            1990 GSX1100F- abandoned in 2005, rescued by me in 2011, I'm gonna ride it if it's the last thing I do.

1981 GS750EX- Father in law gave to me, full resto in progress with late model suspension.

1979 GS850G Free shafty

1978 GS550E- The wife bought it for me for father's day (So she could learn to ride on it too)

1977 RM80- My son's resto.... he's 3...

2012 Qigo quad- pink Camo for my little princess.

Comment

• Sanded/polished and buffed my headlight lens. No more tree sap and engine grease.

Clear as could be

Before:

After:
                              - Aaron

Comment

• Fixed my headlights. The yellow connector just to the right of the headlight had two burnt pins. I cleaned them last week which seemed to work but after riding for an hour high and low beams were both not working(before it was just the low beam). I ended taking the fairing off thinking I was going to need to cut the wires and solder them direct but I noticed that two wires in question were actually falling out of the back of the connector. So pushed them back in and made sure they were making good contact. Now I have perfectly working head lights and I have a feeling it will last this time Next up is an oil change and maybe the fender eliminator kit. I bought an old Nighthawk CB450 to make a cafe racer out of so now I have two bikes to ride. I can ride one while I'm working on the other. It's been nice riding again. It was a long winter.

Comment

Working...
                                X