No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is place to post up your long term projects. Projects that took you a while to get done. Post them here. Examples like kwebbel's build up , B-12 engine swaps, swing arm swaps etc..would go here.

Just updated the thread...
    My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
    2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• New oil and clutch. She was running really good so I went for a ride with a friend on a 2013 CB500R. Riding both bikes made me appreciate the kat's power. I opened it up on the way home. 140MPH never felt so good.

Comment

• Rode the Kat to get some food.

Reposted for-sale ads online.

Update my profile pic.
        2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
        - Aaron

Comment

• Took the kat out for the first ride this year.
          2000 Kat 600

Comment

• Worked on carbs and made a fuel filter around the petcock.

Comment

• New Windshield:

OK, I think this is a big improvement, takes 15 years off the age of the bike.
              New windshied: (cat digs it)

Ye olde windshielde: (meh)

Comment

• ^ new windshield looks good

Flushed brakes, fronts were getting a bit soft. New plugs, and syncd. 87k and counting!
                1998 Katana 750
                1992 Katana 1100
                2006 Ninja 250

2006 Katana 600 RIP - 130k miles

Comment

• A couple hours ago, picked up my (hopefully) last set of parts to finish the fork overhaul project. Got the fender attached. Just getting a little too late for me to want to get involved in putting the front wheel back on. Just wheel, brakes, fairing, and mirrors left to go!

Comment

• Finished reassembly tonight. Wheel back on, brakes installed, fender tightened, fairings on, windshield on, and mirrors attached! Went pretty well, less than 2 hours. Worst part by far was that stupid windshield. Really hard to get that lined up and get those screws to engage.

Spun the wheel by hand to make sure the speedo works and tested the lights. Also rolled the bike around some to see how it feels. Distinctly stiffer than it was before on the same setting. Used to squish, sag, and bounce a LOT before settling down when I got on the bike. Now just compresses and stops. Seems smooth enough. Didn't notice that difference when tested by hand (vs pre-rebuild), surprised how much of a difference there is on the bike. I guess all that extra mass makes a difference.

Hoping to get in the first test ride in tomorrow (I always sleep on major work, gives me a chance to reflect on anything I might have missed). Really not a lot to go wrong though. Rebuilt forks don't seem to be leaking, and it's really hard to screw up the wheel and brakes, all pretty simple stuff with extra safety mechanisms built in. Only concern I have is that I screwed up the rebuild somehow and the forks will be too stiff and make the bike difficult to ride. That's what test rides are for though...

Comment

• Well, good and bad news on the first test ride...

Good news: The bike feels great on the bumps. This fork overhaul must have been way overdue. No leaks spotted either so far. So, looks like a success so far. I'll keep a close eye on it though because I don't trust myself.

Bad news: The bike runs like crap. I had a terrible time getting it started and it'll just shut off at stops if I don't keep some throttle on. Below 2500 rpms it sounds like it's only running on 2 (and not a healthy 2) cylinders. At 2500 you can hear the rest of the cylinders join in, and at 3k and up it runs perfect. The choke lever doesn't seem to do anything at all to the operation of the bike either (but the feel is normal, so I do think it's still attached). Was running perfectly fine when I put it up on stands six weeks ago. I swear I didn't touch the carbs or control cables, and while the gas tank wasn't completely full, it did have seafoam in it (and I've let it sit longer, a couple months or so, with less gas without seafoam and not had any issues before). I did manage to make it to a gas station and top off the tank before putting it away for the night. If I can get it started again I guess I'll try to get some (non-stop) miles on it and see how it goes. IIRC this is how it was behaving when I first got it (and it had been sitting for a couple years with an empty tank). Took a tank or so of gas before it cleaned up...

Comment

• Ordered a set of HEL braided lines for the front. Race setup, 2 lines, one to each side.
                        GSX750F 2006

Comment

• ^ you'll like SS lines if it's your first pair.
                          1998 Katana 750
                          1992 Katana 1100
                          2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Doing an oil change. Putting in New exhaust gaskets, replaced the clutch cabled, washed the windshield, mirrors, and headlight (the rest is going to be done by a bikini clad female ) lubed the chain, tweaked rear wheel alignment, and fixed the battery box. Betty is happy today. Going to top her off with fuel and go out enjoy this fathers day, even though my kid is in florida with her mom.
                            My build thread (Black Betty) '97 600 (Dearly Departed)
                            http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=133286
                            2007 GSXR 750

Comment

• Originally posted by maniac1886 View Post
                              the rest is going to be done by a bikini clad female
                              Pics or it didn't happen
                              1998 Katana 750
                              1992 Katana 1100
                              2006 Ninja 250

Comment

• Originally posted by shpielers View Post
                                ^ you'll like SS lines if it's your first pair.
                                I had HEL lines on my last 750F too. Great product and quick service from HEL too.
                                GSX750F 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X