No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fixed my brake light switch by spraying a bunch of throttle body cleaner into it ...works great now

Comment

• I lost one of the top-hat shaped tank rubber cushions that sit under the back of the tank, so now I can't re-assemble & ride it. If anyone knows where I can get one, or has a spare in the UK, please let me know.

There is a set on eBay but, due to the shipping costs to the UK, the price is ridiculous.
      Last edited by garethpn; 10-13-2014, 07:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by garethpn View Post
        I lost one of the top-hat shaped tank rubber cushions that sit under the back of the tank, so now I can't re-assemble & ride it. If anyone knows where I can get one, or has a spare in the UK, please let me know.

There is a set on eBay but, due to the shipping costs to the UK, the price is ridiculous.

Cheap part avail at any local Suzuki parts dealer. In the use, anyone that sells the new bikes also sells the parts.

Call your local dealer?

Krey
        93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Thanks, parts ordered and improvised a fix from the parts bin for now.

Comment

• Put the majority of my Kat back together tonight. Sync'ed the carbs, then took it for a spin.

Wow that FP jet kit makes a massive difference in the powerband... no more stuttering at 4k RPM.

2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
            - Aaron

Comment

• Ride my bike to work and back every day.....Beautiful riding weather all year round

Comment

• Took the Kat out for one last spin for the year. Runs pretty good, but the throttle cable needs adjusting some more. Still sticks a little when releasing.

Ran great, filled the tank up, threw in some fuel stabilizer, let it run, then parked and covered it for the winter!
                - Aaron

Comment

• installed a new RK chain and sprockets. the last one only lasted 52K miles. no issues. was just worn out.
                  never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Found out I need a turn signal relay, starter solenoid and engine run/off and start switch yay!
                    J'ai Aime, J'ai Souffert, Maintenant, Je Hais...

which is translated from french 2 english reads:

I have loved. I have suffered. Right now, I hate.

Comment

• Bought my fairing bolt set so I can get my freshly painted parts back where they belong instead of using the PO's fraken hardware that he used.
                      I swear he used about 8 different styles of fasteners!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat Floyd View Post
                        Bought my fairing bolt set so I can get my freshly painted parts back where they belong instead of using the PO's fraken hardware that he used.
                        I swear he used about 8 different styles of fasteners!
                        Ha im in that boat where did u get ur set online or at shop if online please post the url
                        I just wanna ride my bike
                        2001 katana 600

Comment

• Revived the last parts needed to get Jim's KAT back together.....starting to stress a little over it.
                          Last edited by 92xjunker; 10-23-2014, 08:58 PM.
                          "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                          spammer police
                          USAF veteran
                          If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by Jar3d200 View Post
                            Ha im in that boat where did u get ur set online or at shop if online please post the url
                            Bought the set on ebay so ill let you know on Tuesday how it looks when it comes in.

US company based in Cali I believe it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kat Floyd View Post
                              Bought the set on ebay so ill let you know on Tuesday how it looks when it comes in.

US company based in Cali I believe it was.
                              I have a very similar set from Cali Biker Club. It's not a bad set of hardware, but be aware that the bolts they send you have very small heads, so they supply plastic washers to use with the bolts.

It's not the greatest set-up in the world, but it does the trick. I'm seriously considering having a few of my OEM bolts sand blasted and powder-coated since the bolts that hold up the fairings in the bolt hole near the front of the gas tank don't work as well as I would like them to.

For the lower bolts on the fairings, and the cowl, this set works great. It's the larger bolts that it doesn't really do "as good" as a job as the OEM ones did.
                              - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                                I have a very similar set from Cali Biker Club. It's not a bad set of hardware, but be aware that the bolts they send you have very small heads, so they supply plastic washers to use with the bolts.

It's not the greatest set-up in the world, but it does the trick. I'm seriously considering having a few of my OEM bolts sand blasted and powder-coated since the bolts that hold up the fairings in the bolt hole near the front of the gas tank don't work as well as I would like them to.

For the lower bolts on the fairings, and the cowl, this set works great. It's the larger bolts that it doesn't really do "as good" as a job as the OEM ones did.
                                That explains why the ones on my 750 look odd compared to the ones on my 600 lol. Someone must've replaced fairing bolts on the 750 with the rubber washerized ones prior to my owning it.... That solves that mystery

Comment

Working...
                                X