No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got up one hour earlier than usual and just rode it around the mountains as the sun came up before coming in to work

Engelskmannen.
    Carpe Jugulum...
    1994 GSX1100F

Please check out my re-build thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=128660

Comment

• Well, after a few weekends of preparation including bleeding brakes, renewing fork oil, new tyres, clutch and chain adjustments ... I made the final few tweaks today of cranking the rear shock and fitting my luggage ... all ready to begin a 6 day / 1500 mile adventure starting tomorrow. Just 1 sleep to go.

Comment

• Listened to it idle like crap. Determined it has a "hanging idle" condition. Used an or temp gauge on the exhaust header, carb #4 is about 130 deg. Cooler than the rest.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 2

Comment

• Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
          Well, after a few weekends of preparation including bleeding brakes, renewing fork oil, new tyres, clutch and chain adjustments ... I made the final few tweaks today of cranking the rear shock and fitting my luggage ... all ready to begin a 6 day / 1500 mile adventure starting tomorrow. Just 1 sleep to go.
          lol

Comment

• I hot the bike registered st DMV, ordered tires, installed, zerogrsvity touring screen, filled bars with lead shot, went for a 50 mile ride on twisty canyon roads. And I sent my old starter ninja 250 for sale on consignment. Just a quiet day in Southern Ca.

Comment

• I don't want to make an entire thread about it but I have a question. 1991 Kat 600

I just bought new spark plugs and for some stupid reason I decided to fill my gas-tank to max right before I picked them up. I have moved the tank before (although not completely) but this time with all the gas in there it might be a pain in the ass for me to maneuver and support the partially connected tank. Any tips or tricks? Should I just wait until I burn down the fuel the tank?
              Last edited by .408cheytac; 05-25-2013, 10:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
                I don't want to make an entire thread about it but I have a question. 1991 Kat 600

I just bought new spark plugs and for some stupid reason I decided to fill my gas-tank to max right before I picked them up. I have moved the tank before (although not completely) but this time with all the gas in there it might be a pain in the ass for me to maneuver and support the partially connected tank. Any tips or tricks? Should I just wait until I burn down the fuel the tank?
                Remove the entire tank, drain it into a gas can first (prime setting)
                "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
                spammer police
                USAF veteran
                If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Originally posted by 92xjunker View Post
                  Remove the entire tank, drain it into a gas can first (prime setting)
                  +1 ^^^^^^^^^

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2
                  2002 750 Kat
                  2013 Polaris 850 XP LE(wrecked)
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800
                  2002 Ski-Doo MXZ 800 X-package
                  1999 Ski-Doo MXZ 670 H.O.
                  2009 Kawasaki KX250F(SOLD)

Comment

• How long would this take one of you guys. From start to finish?

Comment

• Originally posted by .408cheytac View Post
                      How long would this take one of you guys. From start to finish?

I wouldn't drain the tank, just remove it... plugs in and out in about 15 mins... 10 of that looking for the tools. Total time probably 30 mins from tank off to tank on.

Krey
                      93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• Painted (and clear coated) the outer gas cap trim ring black and reinstalled it with blue anodized screws.

Comment

• Just got back from a 1.5hr ride to Pilot Mountain.

Comment

• rode all day in the NGa mtns. weather was great.
                            never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Took the wife out to a bbq with local riders put about 70 miles on her today found out speedo is off by +8 miles took it from home all the way down 411 to alcoa tn

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                              >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

• a nice rolling burnout! paint tom maybe bright green!

Comment

Working...
                                X