No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Must have held your tongue juuust right!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• LOL... Here is a pic from my Cell phone of the new rim stripes... sorry for the lack of quality in the photo:

Here is the link to the DIY thread: http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=122130

And here is a before and after picture:
      Last edited by RedKat91; 11-22-2011, 04:38 PM.
      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• It dropped a couple cylinders and then died...
        Was able to bring it back to the dealer to check out.. They thought the fuel filter was clogged but turned out there was a kink in the fuel line that was choking the carb.

Comment

• I had the front forks rebuilt.

Comment

• Gave my Kat to my nephew
            sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
            1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
            2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
            First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
            Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

• Stuck my new fangled key blank in the switch...Guess I'll get it cut sometime this week lol
              Attached Files

Comment

• After having the Kat sit for over a year I finally got it running just about right. Took it out for a 75 mile ride and it seems to be doing great once it’s warm. Just a pain in the a$$ to get it warmed up. I’m not in the mood to tear into the carbs or spend the $$$ to have it done, so I guess I’ll just make sure I leave a few extra minutes for the warm up before I ride. Oh yea, I also lubed up the chain.

Comment

• Let's see, painted the exhaust pipe for the slip in, bought new exhaust wrap for the same pipe, and plugged in the battery tender.
                  sigpic
                  V/r,
                  Katabaturbo600

Comment

• Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                    Gave my Kat to my nephew
                    This was the best upgrade!!

Comment

• Originally posted by KatanaGSX92 View Post
                      Gave my Kat to my nephew
                      Nice upgrade! I had that same 'busa in that same color scheme!
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by UncleBuck View Post
                        This was the best upgrade!!
                        Originally posted by Nero View Post
                        Nice upgrade! I had that same 'busa in that same color scheme!
                        It was the coolest thing! My nephew is just starting college and has always wanted a motorcycle. I walked him over to the garage (along with his parents and younger brother) pulled off a tarp I had covering the Kat and said "I heard a rumor that you've been wanting a motorcycle. If that rumor is true, then she is yours." He literately became lightheaded and I thought he was going to pass out. He was so excited. And, I get to teach him how to ride. The local college offers the Motorcycle Safety class that he will be taking once we get him comfortable riding. It was a great Thanksgiving!
                        sigpic Mulholland Hwy Ride
                        1992 Katana GSX600F (on permanent loan to a family member)
                        2000 Suzuki Hayabusa
                        First Hayabusa Commercial Hayabusa Design
                        Hayabusa #1 Wonder of Motorcycles

Comment

• I stripped it down to motor and frame to clean up and reblack the frame...Extending swingarm, replacing fork seals and dust wipers. Also respraying forks and prepping bike for paint and reconstruction! Recovering seats and installing all the billet accessories I have for it as well. Hope to have complete within 2 weeks before my bday (Dec.11) Will post new pix asap
                          Last edited by stretched600; 11-25-2011, 09:02 AM.

Comment

• Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done. After driving 850 miles today, I decided to install my new Zero Gravity windscreen, in the dark with a flashlight. Ya, I know stupid... Anyway I dropped the rubber groment down in the fairing and had to take it off. I found it and got the windscreen installed. It looks good. It was the first time I had the fairing off since the bike only has 4000 miles on it. Next time I will be a little more patient...
                            2014 Ducati Monster 1200
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/austin-stevens/

Comment

• I can't wait, only a few days left hopefully until my new undertail and tinted windscreen arrive!
                              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• I bought a V&H SS exhaust new in box from ebay for $220 shipped for the lady's Kat yesterday, pretty good deal I thought.

It should make a nice Christmas gift, especially if I get it on the bike to suprise her!

Anyone got a favorite grip set or any suggestions? I need some stocking stuffers for her!
                                Busa build https://picasaweb.google.com/warezdo...eat=directlink

Comment

Working...
                                X