No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoroughly cleaned her and added little bit oil. Tightened chain little and lubed it then rode for bout 3 hrs. Got home and still wanted to ride lol.

Comment

• Salt bath nitride coated the header , then painted the header and extention pipe gloss black. Then I polished the clamps and muffler!!
      Live to ride...ride to live!!!

91 and 98 kat parts for sale!!!!!

Comment

• cleaned the headlight and ignition switches, clean and lube all electrical connections.
        washed and cleaned it.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

• Cussed at pats kat when it put up on the side of the road about 4 hours away from homee

Comment

• Waiting on silicone couplers and pod filters for my flatslides to arrive.
            "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you when I called you stupid. I thought you already knew..."
            spammer police
            USAF veteran
            If your a veteran, join the KR veterans group

Comment

• Put another 200 miles on the clock. Pr II's are a dream to ride.
              Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Installed a P1-X power tip to quiet up my Two-Brothers slip on, now its to quiet...

Comment

• Why would you ever want to quiet it!! Love my bike loud!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

Comment

• drained carbs, hoping to fix the problem.
                    Tyberious Rasputen Von-rotten Shagnasty
                    True story

Comment

• Had an O2 sensor boss welded into the exhaust pipe so I can fiddle with the tuning more accurately.

And made a couple of mirror spacers from some scrap marine board plastic. Only cost - less than $2 for longer bolts:

Last edited by TRPUT; 10-02-2012, 06:58 AM.

Comment

• Hmmmm I like the o2 sensor idea...thought of it myself many times...
                        1995 Suzuki Katana 750 (Undergoing changes)
                        1982 Honda GL500 Silverwing(Sold)
                        Project Death Machine (Custom built reverse trike by me)

Comment

• Originally posted by Wreckie29 View Post
                          Hmmmm I like the o2 sensor idea...thought of it myself many times...
                          I'll post pics of the full set up soon - once it's all mounted. It will be installed temporarily just for tuning purposes, then removed. I bought an AEM automotive kit with a wide band sensor and gauge. The downside is that to mount the sensor properly in the top 160* of the pipe and avoid obstacles such as me, brake levers and swing arms, it had to be in a very obvious position. A quick test this afternoon revealed I am too lean at idle (which I suspected) but it gets richer with revs. My plan is to install a camera to video the tacho and gauge while I just ride so I don't have to keep one eye on the gauge. Later I can watch the video and adjust the carbs accordingly. Then I'll just need some guru advice on what is the best A/F ratio for the Kat since I have read conflicting suggestions. 14.7:1 is stoic, but does that get an air-oil cooled motor too hot. Some suggest running as rich as 13.2:1. In theory, it will be better than a dynotune because it will be in the real world and ridden how I ride. It will be a learning curve, but fun. If I was even more OCD, I'd attach temp sensors to each header pipe to really fine-tune each carb.
                          Last edited by TRPUT; 10-02-2012, 06:54 AM.

Comment

• Finaly quit hem hawin and put it back together last night. Changed the oil, filter, air filter, sprockets, chain, rebuilt the rear caliper, new rotor, and brake pads. Then rode in this moring.
                            Need to make room for the bimmer next week. Kat needs a friend!
                            "Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

Comment

• Originally posted by lomed7724 View Post
                              Why would you ever want to quiet it!! Love my bike loud!!

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk
                              Since he lives in hamilton im guessing he rides into some of the places in ontario that have motorcycle exhaust noise bylaws

Also i actualy went for a ride yesterday!
                              Last edited by Bigyellowkat; 10-02-2012, 01:37 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
                                I'll post pics of the full set up soon - once it's all mounted. It will be installed temporarily just for tuning purposes, then removed. I bought an AEM automotive kit with a wide band sensor and gauge. The downside is that to mount the sensor properly in the top 160* of the pipe and avoid obstacles such as me, brake levers and swing arms, it had to be in a very obvious position. A quick test this afternoon revealed I am too lean at idle (which I suspected) but it gets richer with revs. My plan is to install a camera to video the tacho and gauge while I just ride so I don't have to keep one eye on the gauge. Later I can watch the video and adjust the carbs accordingly. Then I'll just need some guru advice on what is the best A/F ratio for the Kat since I have read conflicting suggestions. 14.7:1 is stoic, but does that get an air-oil cooled motor too hot. Some suggest running as rich as 13.2:1. In theory, it will be better than a dynotune because it will be in the real world and ridden how I ride. It will be a learning curve, but fun. If I was even more OCD, I'd attach temp sensors to each header pipe to really fine-tune each carb.
                                Make sure your sync is perfect before trying to tune based on bulk numbers.
                                Disclaimer: If what I say seems condescending to you, it's probably not. I don't know (or care) if someone already knows something I'm saying, because for every person that does know, 100 lurkers may not. No offense is intended, but feel free to take it.

2001 Katana 750 'fighter build in progress

Comment

Working...
                                X