What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Switched from crappy 6 pots to 4 pots. Much better

Comment

• Almost caught it on fire this morning ...
      http://www.7thgeardesigns.com
      http://www.lunchtimecigar.com
      '90 Suzuki 750 Kat

"Shut up and drink your gin" - Fagin (Oliver Twist)
      "But, as is the usual scenario with a Harley it was off-line when it crashed," Schwantz added dryly.
      "You didn't hear what I meant to say" - my Son

Comment

• took her apart for new tires and smaller front sprocket for the Rally.

Last edited by KAT TOY; 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
          Not really sure if you can, but I guess you can always try pushing them down and feel if there's an obstruction or it doesn't bounce back smoothly. Biggest problem would be that it doesn't properly closes off the inlet or exhaust ports.
          Yeah, I'll give them a bit of an inspection, but I don't think I could have damaged them with how much I moved them.

Considering they've moved mayyyybe 0.15 mm (at the most), I doubt I've done too much damage... if any... because they're directly connected to the springs which should be able to handle the extra load because of how thick and tightly spaced the pitch of them are.

You never know though.. I could just be tooting my own horn...
          2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
          - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
            Yeah, I'll give them a bit of an inspection, but I don't think I could have damaged them with how much I moved them.

Considering they've moved mayyyybe 0.15 mm (at the most), I doubt I've done too much damage... if any... because they're directly connected to the springs which should be able to handle the extra load because of how thick and tightly spaced the pitch of them are.

You never know though.. I could just be tooting my own horn...
            You're probably right. I guess it depends on how much the material has expanded when it was hot. If you didn't ride a lot or too fast with that aweful sound you should be ok.
            Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Originally posted by ErrEs View Post
              You're probably right. I guess it depends on how much the material has expanded when it was hot. If you didn't ride a lot or too fast with that aweful sound you should be ok.
              Lets just hope that when I DID ride it, I didn't do any damage.

I rode it for 10 minutes at a time, four times. All inner city driving, so roughly 4-5000 RPMs.

Hopefully everything is fine, but I guess I'll see today cause I'm taking everything back apart and making sure that it's good before I fully put everything back together.

Last night I did my LED conversion. I love my gauge cluster now, it looks sooooooo much better with actual green and blue lights instead of just the tinted colours for turn signals and indicators.

Went with "Cool White" LED's for my Tach and Speedo. Red for my Clock and Fuel Gauge.

Looks pretty good and fits the theme of my bike (Red & black with a little bit of white).

Now I'm on the fence as to whether or not I should paint my needles fluorescent red so that it offsets my analog markings on my speedo and tach.
              - Aaron

Comment

• Yesterday, but I got rid of that ugly NJ tag and installed a nice, new Arkansas tag. WOOT!
                Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Got my bike all apart. LEDs all properly installed and polarity checked.

Re-readjusted my valves on my Kat. No more sputtering/pinging sound!

Got my carbs all synced again and ready to go. Cooling over night for reassembly tomorrow. Going to be a good day
                  - Aaron

Comment

• Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                    Got my bike all apart. LEDs all properly installed and polarity checked.

Re-readjusted my valves on my Kat. No more sputtering/pinging sound!

Got my carbs all synced again and ready to go. Cooling over night for reassembly tomorrow. Going to be a good day
                    Good to hear that mate. Enjoy the rides.
                    Open your mind, freedom's a state.

sigpic

When in doubt, lean more.

Comment

• Back in the garage working on my baby. I was hoping to get a lot completed today. Unfortunately it was not to be. Still, a day tinkering

Cheers, canuk_guy

Comment

• Finished getting my Kat back together 100%.

She's done for a while now... time to work on other projects.

Here's what she looks like now:

- Aaron

Comment

• bike is looking good Aaron! Did you do a write up on changing the cluster bulbs? I want to do that to mine as well, they're just not that bright and when I'm riding her hard, I need to see my redline!

All I did was ride my bike to work this morning, just like I have for the past 3 weeks nonstop, rain or shine baby! Mostly shine though

Question for all. Are these Kat's high revving engines? sorry if I'm off topic!
                          - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Originally posted by DaneG320U545 View Post
                            bike is looking good Aaron! Did you do a write up on changing the cluster bulbs? I want to do that to mine as well, they're just not that bright and when I'm riding her hard, I need to see my redline!
                            Thanks for the compliment. My bike has been down and out for over a month now, so it's nice to hear my investments look nice haha.

No I didn't actually. There are a few out there that I used for reference, but to be honest... they didn't suite my needs as a rookie wiring/electronics person...

I could easily do a write-up if it was needed, but I didn't take all too many photos when I did my LEDs. Just a few here and there. And now that I've got my bike back together, I don't really want to take it apart to take some more photos.

However... some of the things involved in the LED conversion are as easy as could be... they just weren't explained verbally. I hit a few road blocks when I did my LED's. One was certainly when I was ordering lights/bulbs because the threads that had links didn't actually go anywhere specific (nor did the O.P. post up specifically what bulbs to use/buy), so I was a little weary on the ordering part...

The second road block I hit was when I went to check for polarity. The way that EVERYONE has described it, it makes it sound like it's just reversing the bulb while from its current location in the socket... road block again... It works for the LED's in the gauge cluster, but it didn't work for the turn signals bulbs. You literally have to slice up the wires on the turn signals in your fender and switch them around so that positive is now negative and negative is now positive (I just cut the wires, reversed and soldered).

Those are just a few little things that I found that other threads DID NOT cover very well at all. It's not hard to figure out once you read the threads over 100 times, but it'd be nice if they would have just outright told idiots like me exactly what to do.

All I did was ride my bike to work this morning, just like I have for the past 3 weeks nonstop, rain or shine baby! Mostly shine though

Question for all. Are these Kat's high revving engines? sorry if I'm off topic!
                            Kind-of, but not-really... Our bikes are highway bikes. They're meant to be up in the power curve (5,000 - 8,000... approximately) which is should theoretically be all highway travelling.

If you're revving your bike up to 8,000 to shift from first to second gear, you're either trying to show off or you're trying to excessively pass someone on urban roads.

I've had my bike up to 197 km/h on the highway just to see what it really felt like while on the bike... but after being there for roughly 5-10 seconds you start to second guess yourself and think "is this really what it was meant to do?" and you will typically slow down haha.
                            - Aaron

Comment

• filled my battery up with a lot of water after it wouldnt start this morning.. i think i boiled it a little dry yesterday on my day long ride
                              if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

• what havent we done to the karas the last couple days kara's bike we done rear tires and rebuilt forks and paint some plastic

i installed new blinkers, and tag lights and have planned to install some plastics on mine also today

"Sex with out love is really just exercise.So grab a friend and let's all workout!!"

Freebird01 " ok so kid cuts school and jumps in the Schuylkill river and dies....darwin at work?"
                                >JayBell " Express lane Darwin, no lines, no waiting, instant gene pool deletion

Comment

Working...
                                X