No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Took the Kat for a ride today, and couldn't find the "plastic bag in the wind" sound in my engine at 5K anymore... and I think I know why. Took out a melted plastic McDonalds lid from in my motorcycle that was caught on one of my fairings/headers.

But since I've had my fairings off, I've got another problem... now some of my plastic rattles at low rpms... gotta fix that soon cause it's annoying.
    2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
    - Aaron

Comment

• swapped my stock levers out for some adjustable ones... and upgraded my rear shock to a fully revalved and racetech resprung by Tmods HRS.

See My Garage for mods...
      T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
      Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• tried to start/ride it, I was unsuccessful.

Comment

• I finished fixing my kat. Here is the thread if you want to check it out.

KatRiders.com conversations about Suzuki Katanas
          and the days spent riding them. Includes Vintage Kats, Street Fighters, 1100 Kats Only, and Long Term Projects.

Comment

• rode it to the gym to get the attention of college girls..
            Last edited by TS7X; 05-31-2012, 12:30 AM.
            #whindybackroads>highway

Comment

• Rode it to work today. Great day to ride.

I keep getting all kinds of looks on my bike cause it's not all too common in my city. Can't complain
              2005 Suzuki Katana GSX 600
              - Aaron

Comment

• Had to throw a tarp over my Suzie Kay today, it has been raining all day here in Chitown. Hoping to get her purring tomorrow as the weather permits.

Originally posted by Aaron-71 View Post
                Rode it to work today. Great day to ride.

I keep getting all kinds of looks on my bike cause it's not all too common in my city. Can't complain
                That's what I love about the Kat! I've only seen a handful of Kat's around the Chicago area....so far. Love it!

**Edit: Anybody have a mid pipe laying around for a V&H SS2-R can that I can buy off of them? Or maybe somebody that is handy with bending pipes that can make me a mid pipe that fits my Kat? TIA!
                Last edited by DaneG320U545; 05-31-2012, 05:28 PM. Reason: Added info
                - = Dane = -

"Everybody knows it ain't tricking if you got it"

Comment

• Fixed and painted it on monday, wrecked it today

Something really sad happened today. I was going to work and the driveway to the place is graves and muddy. While going in a straight line slowly up a slight hill I hit a trench that had been recently dug for an irrigation line and filled in, it was soft, my front tire sank in and I went down. Just got the bike repainted and finished monday, wrecked today. The pics dont look that bad and its not terrible. Broken lower fairing, scratched top fairing, broken windshield (there was a dirt curb, thats how the windshield got broken and nothing else on top) and a crack in the plastic by the windshield bolt.
                  here is the link to my thread. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...03#post2200103

mud.jpglower.jpg

windshield.jpgme.jpg

fairing bolt.jpg

Comment

• Originally posted by christianguitarest View Post
                    Fixed and painted it on monday, wrecked it today

Something really sad happened today. I was going to work and the driveway to the place is graves and muddy. While going in a straight line slowly up a slight hill I hit a trench that had been recently dug for an irrigation line and filled in, it was soft, my front tire sank in and I went down. Just got the bike repainted and finished monday, wrecked today. The pics dont look that bad and its not terrible. Broken lower fairing, scratched top fairing, broken windshield (there was a dirt curb, thats how the windshield got broken and nothing else on top) and a crack in the plastic by the windshield bolt.
                    here is the link to my thread. http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.p...03#post2200103

[ATTACH]23439[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23440[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23441[/ATTACH][ATTACH]23442[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]23443[/ATTACH]
                    Man that sucks... glad you are ok though......
                    "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• Rode it to work and back. Its not far, but got toride. Also replaced rear tire with a Q2.
                      A fool can't act wise, but the wise can act a fool.

Comment

• Took the day off and rode her 285 miles just because....
                        "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

• I bought a 93 750 a month ago. It had sat for over a year and the guy i bought it from couldn't get it running. Today i got it running. Sucker, bought the thing for $375.

Comment

• Put a few more miles on it

Comment

• Rode to work and back, first tank fill-up of the season.

Even rode home real slow hoping for rain, bike needs a bath...
                              90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                              I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                              Originally posted by soulless kaos
                              but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

• I wanted to do what this guy did ...

... but instead took a nice easy ride to Wal-Mart .... Well maybe not soooo easy ....
                                Last edited by BIGKAT1100; 06-01-2012, 12:22 AM.
                                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

Working...
                                X