X

The evolution of my 2000 Kat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garbagekid View Post
    everyone always goes w flat back, nice to actually see what the glossy looks like on a rattle can. looks good man. did you do any layers of clear coat on top?
    I forgot to mention, I was going to do either white or flat black with the black tails as I had already painted those. I figured white would make the defective spots (paint speckles and imperfections from spray paint) I figured flat black would help hide imperfections from spray paint/my mistakes, but shiny looks so nice!

Comment

Originally posted by christianguitarest View Post
      This is going to sound doumb, what is the tail swap envolve?
      You change out the "bumble bee" back end for the 03-06 Tail section

Here is a thread with some pics of before and after

Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

Something really sad happened today. I was going to work and the driveway to the place is gravel and muddy. While going in a straight line slowly up a slight hill I hit a trench that had been recently dug for an irrigation line and filled in, it was soft, my front tire sank in and I went down. Just got the bike repainted and finished monday, wrecked today. The pics dont look that bad and its not terrible. Broken lower fairing, scratched top fairing, broken windshield (there was a dirt curb, thats how the windshield got broken and nothing else on top) and a crack in the plastic by the windshield bolt.

mud.jpglower.jpg

windshield.jpgme.jpg

fairing bolt.jpg
        Last edited by christianguitarest; 05-31-2012, 09:59 PM.

Comment

dude that's so ****ty
          I'm sorry to hear
          that's why we can't have nice things
          At least you know how to repair it :-/

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Abs cement works awesome to fix fairings
            never argue with an idiot, they'll drag you down to there level and beat you with experience.

Originally posted by GSXFJim
            Just remember.. Stupid hurts...
            confused katana build

Comment

So I wasent going to let the bike I just refinished and wrecked in a week look like crap. My LEDs came in so I could make my diy underglow kit sense the kit I bought broke. So I painted the fairing after sanding and it looks pretty good. I did some fill last night as there were some holes. I bought a lower fairing on ebay for $80 and I bought another zero gravity touring windshield on amazon warehouse deals for 60, still suck sence Ive only had the other one for over a month and it was 100. My new exhaust only has a few scratches. Here are the pictures.
              painted.jpgunderglow.jpgunderglow 2.jpg

Comment

Diy fender eliminator

So in progress of fixing the bike, I got a tank pad and made my own fender eliminator. Sucked dremeling what was left of the old one off, but its clean and looks good I think.

fender eliminator .jpgfender eliminator 2.jpg

fender eliminator 3.jpgtank pad.jpg

Comment

Lookin good again
                  10x better than mine right now lol
                  Glad to see you fixed it easily after the dump
                  oh, and the underglow looks good. What made you go with green?
                  You inspired me to do the LED lighting, these 24cm weatherproof strips are only $1.49 a piece shipped! http://www.ebay.com/itm/Blue-24CM-LE...sories&vxp=mtr
                  Last edited by Lykkan; 06-03-2012, 09:21 PM.

Built up Black 94 5.0 Mustang - Champagne Pearl 2001 Chrysler LHS - Canary Yellow 2001 Katana 600 - 94 F350 7.3 IDI turbo crew cab dually

Comment

Originally posted by Lykkan View Post
                    Lookin good again
                    10x better than mine right now lol
                    Glad to see you fixed it easily after the dump
                    oh, and the underglow looks good. What made you go with green?
                    Its the only good legal color in South Dakota (my opinion), and its my fav color. I cant use any emergancy color's legally (red, blue, amber) on the road, all other colors are fine as long as you cant see the lights themselves. I do see people with red and blue all the time (perks of living in South Dakota, cops are pretty lax) but I didn't want to attract any unwanted attention.

Those are just like the strips I used. I got mine on amazon. Only word of caution is be careful how you bend them. The flex side to side really well but not up and down. I shorted one out pulling on the whole strip to move it. Other than that they are pretty solid and really bright, at least the ones I got. My leds are much brighter in person, its just hard to get a good photo with my phone. these are way brighter than the $50 LEDGLOW kit I bought on amazon, and they should last more than a month. I wired mine to the license plate light wire. That way when your bike is off, the lights are off. Its the gray plug in your right rear cowl. There are 4 plugs in that aera. The big white one is for you rear tail light, the two small black ones are your blinkers, and the small grayish white one is you license plate light. I did also wire in a switch under the seat so I can turn them off if I want.
                    Last edited by christianguitarest; 06-04-2012, 09:57 AM.

Comment

i ordered some new mirrors sense my old ones were sun faded and the one on the side I dumped it got all scratched. I got some carbon fiber mirrors off of ebay for $26 free shipping, should look pretty good.

Comment

So funny story, I was riding down the interstate at night and something hit the bottom of my right boot. When I pulled off onto my exit and looked, I didn't see anything so I went home. Yesterday when I came out to ride the bike I noticed my right bar end weight is missing, how does that happen? Im pretty sure it came off, hit the ground, and then my boot and luckily nothing else as those things are heavy. Ive heard of things falling apart bit my bit, but that is just ridiculous!

Comment

Carbon fiber mirrors

I got my carbon fiber mirrors today!

carbon mirror.jpg

Comment

New lower fairing and licence plate lights

I also got my new (used) lower fairing painted and put on as well as licence plate lights installed. The lights I bought are led licence plate bolts, trouble is the wires run through the back side of the bolt, so you would have to un solder the wires if you wanted to take your plate off. I opted to mount them above the plate in the plastic lip that is under the fender. Its hard to see but if you look under you rear on your kat there is a plastic lip, thats where there mounted.

new lower fairing.jpgled licence plate lights.jpg

Comment

As for your bar ends, lol my fresh painted right bar end fell off! Kinda made me mad but I don't get why they come lose on the right side. I was thinking about thread lock on my next set so they don't come lose so ez..

As for you mirrors, they look good!

Comment

Just make sure you dont use the permanent thread lock, I think I'll be doing the same.

Comment

Working...
                                X