No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well i know its what did you do to your Kat today.But era it did something to me got some slack in my clutch cable i just put a new cable on about 2 months ago. I don't know but i don't think they should be giving up on me like that. This 1 has an adjuster in the middle of it whatever thats called. Then if that don't work imma have to call the man an hopefully he can fix it for real this time.
    Freddieboy

Comment

• Yesterday I tore off the carbs. Today I rebuilt the ones for cyl 3 and 4. Tomorrow I do the ones for 1 and 2 and put it all back together. A ride to follow if I feel like it. Still have to work 10hr tomorrow. Might just test her out Sunday morning on the ride to another 10hr day.
      1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
      2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
      1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

• looked at it with a sad face, im waiting to be able to buy my last part required to get her legal...

Comment

• clutch & chain adjustment, found one of my synch port caps popped of, so I took care of that..i also installed a 35w 6000k hid headlight hi/lo style from ddm tuning..A---freakin---mazing the difference over that candle we call a headlight on the kat..I went with a less bright color with lower wattage, the new h4 bulbs they have contain a metal shield to keep the light in the right places,while retaining the hi/low function..I was worried about blinding everyone so I went 35w. With no further adjustments I am getting no flashes from other drivers whatsoever..could use a little more light as I drive 60 miles one way at 3:00 am every morning but I can finally see the road..super stoked hopefully no more unforeseen deer for me to run over..

Comment

• took it on a lap around the moto gp course in indy, so much fun! Hammered it on the straights...

https://www.facebook.com/video/video...43356&comments

Comment

• Bought a new chain, -5 rear sprocket, standard front sprocket, 600 tail conversion parts, solo cowl, led turn signals, and a vance and hines exhaust for my 91 750! Now I just need to find time to put it all on lol.

Comment

• took swinger off, sompletely sanded it, ground down a few spots and stock tabs and painted er up. also started sanded rear rim to prep for paint. and got some new hardware for it

Comment

• cleaned the wheels ( just bought this kat and PO didnt clean it once it seemed) wiped off the frame, got some rust off the swingarm, wiped down the fairings, tried to get most of the rust out of the gas tank....and then stared at it some more wishing i had all the parts i need good day!

Comment

• Pulled the front wheel off to see where it was leaking air (won't hold air for more than 24 hrs).

Dribbled some soapy water around the bead and it's bubbling next to a spot where it looks like the wheel took a hit

Gonna try to unseat it and see if I can clean up that spot enough to be air tight, otherwise I'll be on the hunt for a 98+ front wheel (or compatible).
                    Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. --
                    H. L. Mencken

Comment

• Drove her into work with that new full exhaust system. Man she sounds SWEET! (wasnt sure if I was gonna like the chrome pipe or not but I think its growing on me)
                      1995 Katana 600 Street Fighter, Daily driver. -TOTALLED
                      2006 Honda CBR 1000rr stretched 10" -TOTALLED
                      1972 Kawasaki H2 Triple, New Play Toy...

Comment

• Made a shorty out of my D&D 15 tooth front comin soon...give my gas mileage back!
                        Last edited by stretched600; 08-29-2011, 05:31 PM.

Comment

• Rode her to work and rolled over 37k miles! That's over 1,000 miles so far this month
                          The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, 'You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.'

Comment

• Cleaned my carbs, installed them, rode the bike..... Ran like normal but when I came back and did a quick temp check on the headers I was running 280, 280, 275, and 190. Before cleaning the carbs it was like 280, 280, 280, and 120. That's how I figured out my misfire. It's still quite cooler but all seems to be well
                            1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
                            2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
                            1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

• had to change a couple of hoses in my 01 suzuki esteem wagon, so ofcourse I hopped on the kat and rode around to find some hose. first time riding on a couple of our larger main streets around here felt really good, sure sucks standing at red lights though. haha
                              2001 GSX600F

Comment

• About to take her to be assessed for subframe modification. A project is never really done, eh?

Comment

Working...
                                X