What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got her to rolling chassis stage

Comment

• Adjusted the chain and lube'd it.. Adjusted the tire pressure..
      Check my garage for current pic and upgrades

My build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=127457

Comment

• broke my rear turn signal. put it too close to the trash can.
        Tejasandre

Comment

• Today I fabricated a license plate mount/rear cowling/cover to beautify the butcher job the original owner did when he bobbed the rear fender. The license plate was just screwed to the remnants of the under fender and bent so as to not drag on the tire under load. I ordered a couple red LED tag lamps on fleabay. I'll finish the install when they arrive.

I also ordered wheel bearings(All Balls) and front/rear lift/stand combo. She was parked for 3 years before I got her and I can feel a slight hitch in the front wheel at slow speeds. Why does the PO of every bike I buy get rid of the perfectly good center stand in favor of after market exhaust?

Comment

• Today I rode her to work which totaled around 40 miles or so and thats about it! Then went and got the dirty bike and hit the track

Comment

• turned first 100 miles after getting her back on the road

Comment

• Should be "What did you do to your Kat yesterday?" this time..

Sorted out the brake piston and switch setup for the rear, pending the arrival of the back stainless line.
                Attached Files

Comment

• Installed my new tank bag. Fieldsheer Eiffel tower II bag. HUGE!

"The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
                  1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
                  2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Set up my tank to remove all the rust using electrolysis!!!

Comment

• Replaced the fuel lines..... and then cursed at the top of my lungs as I could not get the spark plugs out because the prior owner was a DUSCHE and didn't put anti-seize grease on the threads. Now I've gotta figure out how to get them outta there without stripping them or breaking them off in the head..... Arrrrrgggg.

IDEAS?

Thanks!
                      Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
                        IDEAS?
                        POWAAAR!

Comment

• Rode 15 miles to work down the highway and took the side roads home. Just over 25 miles from work to home. My new front pads are WAY nicer than the old pads. It's like a whole new bike!
                          1993 Suzuki Katana 600 - Street fighter project - (Pre street fighter mods>>>>) silver/blue, Clear front/rear turn signals, Smoked windscreen, Vance and Hines Exhaust, billet bar ends, '05 CBR600RR mirrors
                          2001 Yamaha R6 - 100% stock other than Yosi slip on - garage queen
                          1983 Honda CX650 - Bobber project

Comment

• loaded the Kat, my gear, and my luggage in the truck for the trip to the rally tomorrow

See My Garage for mods...
                            T-Rex Racing framesliders install and review thread
                            Full Post 98 LED conversion how to thread

Comment

• Originally posted by Wolfe_UK View Post
                              POWAAAR!
                              Problem is that they are not perfectly centerd in the spark plug sleves, so my spark plug puller just doesn't fit all the way down around them completely.... and when i did get it down on one (by hitting it with a hammer to seat it) as soon as I tried to turn it loose it slipped up and off the plug... ARrrrrgggggg
                              Whats up KatRiders!

Comment

• Originally posted by RedKat91 View Post
                                Problem is that they are not perfectly centerd in the spark plug sleves, so my spark plug puller just doesn't fit all the way down around them completely.... and when i did get it down on one (by hitting it with a hammer to seat it) as soon as I tried to turn it loose it slipped up and off the plug... ARrrrrgggggg
                                Break it up into fragments where it sits and suck it out the combustion chamber with a really powerful vacuum cleaner?

Comment

Working...
                                X