No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Over a month since my accident, and I'm now diving in to fix the bike, starting with a new battery to replace the old one that kept dying and could barely crank the starter. Next up need to check on the petcock cause I think it's leaking fuel into my engine , overflowing the bowls and getting fuel in my oil, because when the bike finally started, nothing but white smoke came out. So after I figure that out and do an oil change, change the sprockets and chain, possibly get a new rear tire, and new front directionals to replace the cracked ones from the accident, AND sand down the scratches and get some body filler in there with some primer and a cheap spray can.... I think I can get to conquering my fears of riding and get back into the twisties.

tl;dr, started the road to repair with a fresh battery and ordered parts.

Comment

• Started fitting a Bandit 1200 exhaust to my 1100. Had to push in the top of the collector a bit to clear the oil pan and cut the brackets off the mid pipe. I'll need to weld one of them back on as a stop for the center stand. Still not quite lining up right but I think it's close enough I'll be able to make it work.

I thought the Bandit exhaust was supposed to be a straight bolt-on. So much for that! Good news is that I'll still be able to change the oil filter without pulling the exhaust although the more work I put into installing this thing the more I wonder if I'd have been better off going with the Vance & Hines.
      Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
      HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• New fork oil, steering head bearing and new tires.

Comment

• Put on the oring I forgot that goes under the neutral position sensor puck I swapped in preperation for the gear indicator instal... so it would stop marking it's parking spot.

Should have looked at that for more than 2 seconds on the instal.

Krey
          93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• I completed a 2500 mile ride from central florida to chicago and back. She held up like a champ
            "Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and as sweet as love."

Comment

• debadged it
              waiting for the lowering kit why do they have the side stand so far forward

Comment

• Legman- Pleasure meeting and riding with you yesterday! We do the 94 pretty often in that group, so you'll like that...

Hope you enjoyed the clinic and the folks!

gibby

Comment

• nothing. Sigh.
                  sigpic
                  "Character, in the long run, is the decisive factor in the life of an individual and of nations alike." Teddy Roosevelt

Comment

• Rode to work today

Oh I have to ride home after work and will ride to safeway to turn in some dvd's I rented over the weekend
                    Last edited by SGTSARG; 06-13-2011, 04:38 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

• Finally tucked the wiring harness and cleaned the k&n filter that might be going away. And rode for about thirty minutes
                      R.I.P. Adam Horak. Loved and never forgotten.

Comment

• rode to deal's gap on us129 and came back on nc28 and wayah rd. good ride.
                        never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

• Rode it to work...On the way home ran it outta gas and had my rigged throttle cable break...but i made it home in one piece!!!

Comment

• painted brackets/pegs... next is pink and green neons
                            Attached Files
                            just sayin

Comment

• Spent a few minutes trying to line up the Bandit exhaust on my 1100. The can hits the swingarm (just barely) and the midpipe interferes with the brake lever. Bolt-on, my eye!
                              Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
                              HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• Over the past week on my 1100 :
                                Installed a Clearview touring windshield, its 5 inches taller than the stock. Its great, the wind now hits the very top of my helmet instead of right in the face. The bike feels more stable now, maybe its just me.

Fresh Tires !!! Yay !

New Corbin & backrest came in. Black leather with silver piping. Took the missus out for a spin with the new setup and she loves it.

Got my Firstgear Onyx saddle bags in, slapped em on the bike. They look great and hold enough gear for a few days.

The decals I ordered came in installed those and the pin-stripping, Fresh painted black bike and silver decals / stripes. I like it, its not gonna win any shows but i think its sharpish.

Installed a power outlet for various farkles, Radar detector, gps , phone etc.

Cleaned and oiled the air filter. Fresh oil and Filter, synced the carbs.

Got clearance from the Missus for take off !! Heading out for a 3 day tour !

Cheers !
                                1990 GSXF 1100
                                2011 KLR 650

Comment

Working...
                                X