No announcement yet.
X

What did you do to your Kat today?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painted my 17" wheels and the front calipers. Waiting on bearings now so I can get the caliper brackets lined up. Then it's mount the tires and away we go. 1100 Kat on modern rims!

Went with silver painted spokes/hubs and bare lips. Two coats of clear coat over it all so my rims don't get trashed from corrosion.

Shiny!
    Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
    HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

• ordered a d&d 4 into 1 full exhaust of ebay used ! and rode to work great day

Comment

• Given the fact that a smoked windscreen is around $70 on amazon I thought I would go the DIY cheapo route.

BAD IDEA!!!

I purchased some spray tint that usually used on tail lights. I figured I wasn't too worried about how dark it got because realisticly I wouldn't need to look out it.

After deciding to just do a black out I realized how ****ty the tint dried. I might have well just bought some black spray paint. I was so displeased with my decision (sad face).

Later on today, I went online found an actual black out windscreen for the katana for $28 minus shipping and handling off amazon. Ordered that and should be in next week.

So on the bright side I am getting a good black out windscreen and can use my original crappy one for an idea I got brewing hehe.
        "...Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams" W.B. Yeats

Comment

• bp is that a pre? if so is there any pluses to running the rear caliper upside down?

Comment

• Originally posted by joedan View Post
            bp is that a pre? if so is there any pluses to running the rear caliper upside down?

Fighter with alternate swingarm, I think it started as a pre Kat....

No advantage performance wise, it's aesthetics and perhaps allows easier use of tire huggers if you wanted.

Krey
            93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

• runnin naked2011-05-07 07.11.23.jpg Not me the Bike
              "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
              1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
              2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

• Originally posted by joedan View Post
                bp is that a pre? if so is there any pluses to running the rear caliper upside down?
                Well performance wise the old caliper was knackered and the an 05 rear MC line and caliper were cheaper than the rebuilt kit..

And yes it is an SV 650 swing arm. After monkeying around I just decided to run the torque arm right, so 98+ caliper..

Comment

• Put the last finishing touch on my bike this afternoon (reflective rim stripes). Now I officially declare my bike done.

My 4 Wheeled Ride: 2013 Mazda 3
                  My 2 Wheeled Ride: 2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Zis Is KAOS! We Don't Shush Here!

Comment

• nice, that kat looks ready for some serious touring.

Comment

• Downed a motorcycle for the first time ever. Up until today Never in my 3 seasons of riding have I EVER dropped a motorcycle.(granted I've been close a few times but never actually fell off or dropped one). So today I was trying to put the bike on the center stand and it started to lean I had tried to grab a hold but tooo late.

Although this happened at 0mph it still left scratches on the fairings.

Also I took off the rear fairings for the first time ever. Koodos to me.
                      "...Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams" W.B. Yeats

Comment

• Pulled off the Carbs and started soaking and cleaning....Also prepped the Gas Tank with Kreem.. What a process....

Comment

• Took the experienced riders course (on a shadow because my kat is still in the shop). I went into it just looking for the stupid card at the end, but i HIGHLY recommend it to all riders, new and old. There isn't a test at the end, so its just the teachers having you do lots of skills practice, and offering a lot of great insight and fixes to bad habits.
                          -Giaco
                          '81 CM400C,
                          '99 GSXF 750

Comment

• Went for a few hour ride on the Kat with a friend on his GSXR 600. Great day for a ride. The Kat held ist own very well.

Comment

• Over the weekend I finally took the carbs off and Installed an Ivan's Jet Kit and I cleaned and replaced all the carbs gaskets, One hell of a difference throttle response and the Scorpion Slip-on sounds even btr, I already installed the 5 degree advancer few weeks prior. Then I also installed the Mesh Mod kit, gutter screen looks nice lol. Now I have a Barnett Clutch and Solo Seat Cowl waiting in the garage, Bar risers will b installed before the Rally.

Comment

• Rode it!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X