X

Why do you ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why do you ride?

A simple enough question. Perhaps it's an informal survey and I'll get to know more about the people on here. I ride for stress relief and the adrenalin rush. What about the rest of you?
    sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
    ------------------------------------------
    89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
    96 YZF 1000R

I'm about the same. It's a good way to relax and have some fun. Plus I just love the feel of air hitting me and the road flying by below me.
    Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Comment

I used to ride because it was a 120 mile per day commute. Now I work from home quite a bit, and riding is strictly for enjoyment. I seem to get more out of it, not worried about work stuff and what-not. That and not going through a set of tires/chain once per year is nice

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

i ride simply for the enjoyment of it. been riding a few months, each time i feel more confident and it becomes more and more 2nd nature. and i just simply love the feeling you get from a motorcycle. a car just doesnt compare in any way. im not interested in riding faster than i need to, so i avoid the highway as much as possible, mostly cause the highways here are full of psychotic drivers who dont know how to drive. but it is certainly nice to open up the throttle every now and then. but it's just such a relaxing thrill to ride on a bike.
        2004 Katana
        GO OWLS!!!

Comment

+1 with silent .. cept i like the super slab .. but i do pick my times and directions .. outta traffic .. cagers are morons
          so many roads so little time

Comment

i ride mainly for the free feeling you get on the bike...also im a huge adrenaline junkie...so riding is kinda like a drug for me
            sigpicLife is 5% what happens to you, and 95% how you react to it
            k9 GSX-R 600
            GO VOLS!

Comment

to get from A to B, with more fun then a cage

because its harder then a steering wheel

just because, I have to just because
              Where ever, whenever I go for a ride, may I be joined by friends that have died.

RIP Cyber Poet, watch over us all Marc

Comment

To look cool and pick up chicks .... Yeeeaah
                The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

When I first got my license I used to love to drive everywhere. Just to drive. I'd take the long way home just cuz id get to drive more. I haven't had that feeling in a car for a couple years(im only 23), alluva sudden I got a bike and I get that feeling again. Long "drives" are no longer put off cuz I dont wanna drive that far, running to the store for no real reason is exciting again. Dunno, that's why I do it.

O yea and it's a ****ton of speed for very little money haha

Comment

to feel free. you get a feeling like none other when you ride. its not just that it relieves stress and whatnot but in a weird way it gives you a different view of life. i ride because to live without would be crazy!!
                    RIDE TO LIVE. LIVE TO RIDE.

Comment

Been riding since 1977.
                      Every time I start up a bike I get the same feeling.
                      Joy. Pure and simple joy.
                      I like time to myself and riding a bike gives it to you.
                      Whether it's 100 miles or 1000.
                      I'll ride until I can't any more.
                      Then I'll die.

Comment

I am a mom to three kids. Preteen to toddler. On a bike I am not "mom". On a bike I am "Patti". I can't take my kids with me, so it is the ultimate "mom-time". It is freedom. It is exhilaration. It is being in control of such power. It is just plain, fun!

Comment

Originally posted by sassyduck View Post
                          I am a mom to three kids. Preteen to toddler. On a bike I am not "mom". On a bike I am "Patti". I can't take my kids with me, so it is the ultimate "mom-time". It is freedom. It is exhilaration. It is being in control of such power. It is just plain, fun!
                          That is awesome Patti!!!!
                          2007 Honda CBR600rr
                          2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                          sigpic

Comment

I ride for enjoyment, and my wife loves to ride with me.
                            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

I ride because i can, and want to. too many cants, and have tos in life. a skooter ride just makes it all go away, at least for a little while. the feeling of dropping into a corner, being aware and part of what's around you. even the challange of dodging the idiots and azzholes. 90 to 100 down the interstate is just,,,,,,,,,,nice, even tho i usually keep it within 10 mph of the speed limit most everwhere.
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Working...
                              X