X

Why do you ride?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaxKat View Post
    I ride for enjoyment, and my wife loves to ride with me.

You ride your wife for enjoyment?

I haven't ridden in kind of a long time........ but it was always like a therapy for me. No distractions, no cell phone, no radio. Just me and my thoughts.

On top of that, I love almost everything with an engine, and nothing else gives that same feeling of being completely in tune with your machine like a bike does. I'm not sure if a modern, fuel injected bike would give me the same feeling. I feel like old carbed bikes have character, and quirks, that make it more of a personal thing. Sort of like the difference between my MGB and my Miata. Similar cars, sure, but the MGB had such a different feel..........
    Any and all statements by Loudnlow7484 are merely his own opinions, and not necessarily the opinion of Katriders.com. Anything suggested by him is to be followed at your own risk, and may result in serious injury or death. Responses from this member have previously been attributed to all of the following: depression, insomnia, nausea, suicidal tendencies, and panic. Please consult a mental health professional before reading any post by Loudnlow7484.

Comment

Anyone ever notice the smells? I know the guys in the midwest know what I'm talking about...........Not just the barnyard one either, fresh cut hay is my favorite smell
      Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

Originally posted by kevin2502000 View Post
        Anyone ever notice the smells? I know the guys in the midwest know what I'm talking about...........Not just the barnyard one either, fresh cut hay is my favorite smell

Blah, fresh manure... nobody EVER warned me of that one! That and skunks. I'm fresh on the case of a meth lab... I'm almost positive somtin' ain't quite right at this house I go passed.

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

Freedom!!!!
          At best 1" between you and the road.
          What are you thinking about as you wind through the twisties???....WoooHoooo!!! That's all!
          Had a ruff day? Go for a ride! Had a Great day? Cap it off with a ride!
          Need some you time??? You+Bike=Relaxation!
          Want to be apart of something Big? Riding is a way of life not just a means of transportation!
          These are a few reasons why I ride!
          Oh ya and it makes me feel cool!
          Always remember to keep the rubber side down!

Comment

I ride for so many different reasons. Bottom line is that riding is enjoyable and a lot of fun. I love to ride!!!

My question is, why doesn't everyone else ride too. Is it the danger and the fear of accidents and/or death? A lot of people are just terrified of bikes and just have to tell you why you shouldn't be riding either. Well, some people like riding for the same reasons that you don't. These people just can't help themselves, they have to tell you about the neighbor's cousin's boyfriend's son who got hit by a car. Do you know anyone that has been in a car accident before? Ever know anyone that has died in a car accident? People die, get over it.

Riding is awesome!!!! Anyone that doesn't ride is missing out on something very enjoyable, exciting, and thrilling that allows you to escape away from everything else and just ride. It allows you to see and notice things that you never do while in a car; to smell the wild flowers along the roadside and appreciate being alive.

Yes, they're missing out. It is their loss. You get one shot at this game of life. Take advantage of it and LIVE. Enjoy the Ride!!!
            Last edited by Zepp; 08-15-2008, 11:17 PM.
            2007 Honda CBR600rr
            2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
            sigpic

Comment

freedom. that and to get away from the mundane. i effin hate the mundane

Comment

its hard to describe why i ride. a very smart man told me it was therapy for just about anything you can think of.

you get home, have a hard day boom your on the bike, even 15 minutes makes you feel refreshed, as if jumping into a cool lake on a hot summer day and comming up for that first breath of air.

its that feeling you get when you son/daughter gives you a hug and tells you they love you.

its puts a smile on your face as easy as watching someone you love succed in life.

its all that and "you" just "you" now one else, no one telling you to do this or that, no one arguing with you, nothing but you and your thoughts.

Its as close to peace you can come by yourself. I find myself addicted to riding.

One that rides can not explain what its like to one that does not ride.

those are just my thoughts and feelings on riding. My only complaint is that i didn't get a bike until i was 30.
                2006 Katana 750, Bumble Bee replica
                Bumblee Bee Tuna

Comment

I ride...to work...almost everyday. It is also a good alternative to counseling and helps to keep my sanity.

Comment

Originally posted by Gytrdunkat View Post
                    Blah, fresh manure... nobody EVER warned me of that one! That and skunks. I'm fresh on the case of a meth lab... I'm almost positive somtin' ain't quite right at this house I go passed.

How close to Roch are you? On 90 between hwy 52 and eyota there is a dairy farm that smells like 1000 gallons of sour ****, ever catch that wiff?
                    Must read for carb tuners......http://www.factorypro.com/tech/tech_...m_engines.html

Comment

I'm a new rider and love it. The freedom, feel and overall comradery that we all have is great. I've come to know a few riders on my daily commute by bike helmet alone. It's the best feeling in the world. No phone or radio just ride. It's like a mini vacation for me. any way those r my 2 cents.

More like $2
                      it always seems like a good idea at the time

Comment

Originally posted by seriss_cweald View Post
                        its hard to describe why i ride. a very smart man told me it was therapy for just about anything you can think of.

you get home, have a hard day boom your on the bike, even 15 minutes makes you feel refreshed, as if jumping into a cool lake on a hot summer day and comming up for that first breath of air.

its that feeling you get when you son/daughter gives you a hug and tells you they love you.

its puts a smile on your face as easy as watching someone you love succed in life.

its all that and "you" just "you" now one else, no one telling you to do this or that, no one arguing with you, nothing but you and your thoughts.

Its as close to peace you can come by yourself. I find myself addicted to riding.

One that rides can not explain what its like to one that does not ride.

those are just my thoughts and feelings on riding. My only complaint is that i didn't get a bike until i was 30.
                        I couldn't have said it better.
                        sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                        ------------------------------------------
                        89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                        96 YZF 1000R

Comment

How close to Roch are you? On 90 between hwy 52 and eyota there is a dairy farm that smells like 1000 gallons of sour ****, ever catch that wiff?

BLAH@!@@@!!! Dover is just east of Eyota by 5 miles on 90, we moved here from there. Normal trip in the cage is 90 to 52 (8 miles longer, 15 minutes faster). Good stretch there, you can do just south of greased lightning to get past that farm! I won't admit to speeds, but I see the steel roof, and smash it... YUCK... gross! Never have I come closer to spewing lunch in my helmet than at that stretch! If I'm on my bike, I now take hwy 14, that's about 4 miles to the north of 90 on the way to eyota/roch. Gawd, I just threw up in my mouth a bit thinking about that farm.

Comment

You can't beat the smells here in the midwest. From fresh rain to skunks to road work and dust. Everyday I think I smell something new(something about that just doesn't sound right)
                            Only a biker knows why a dog sticks his head out of a car window.

Comment

I swore to never buy a can of "country fresh" air freshener
                              99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                              1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                              '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                              Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Originally posted by DumbLuck View Post
                                I swore to never buy a can of "country fresh" air freshener
                                Yeah, I never understood the meaning of that one either. I prefer lemon fresh.

Comment

Working...
                                X