X

katana down!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• katana down!!

ok.. so im an idiot. we all knew that before though. I woudlnt consider myself wreckless, but apparently I got too cocky. I took a corner too fast, probably close to 60 mph. Came up close on the gaurd rail, and apparently I swiped it. Next thing I remember I was on the ground and couldn't breath. The kat was way down the road. Got up, and my breath started coming back to me. a guy that saw helped me pick up the kat.. she was flooded... started up after a couple mins. broke off the mirror and foot peg. Fairing is broke too.. but she rode home fine. only got a little rash on my knees. thank god i was wearing a helmet, jacket, and gloves. they took a lot of abuse. Not a scratch on any part of my body that was protected.. just the 'carpet burn' on me knees, where i was wearing thin denim pants.. I'm very lucky

Glad to hear you walked away -- too many times that isn't the case.

Time to get a new helmet & some riding pants -- before you fix the bike back up.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Last edited by The CyberPoet; 06-26-2008, 08:17 PM. Reason: typo
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Way to wear your gear! Glad your okay, let us know how the repairs go.
      sigpic

Comment

I am glad to hear you are okay.

Comment

hope all is well with you sorry to read about your accident but the main thing is that you are alright
          sigpicAllan

If you love it, let it go. If it comes back to you, you've high-sided!

Comment

Originally posted by cut_cutta View Post
            I woudlnt consider myself wreckless, but apparently I got too cocky...
            glad you're ok also. don't override your means, be careful.
            myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

damn. sounds like a close one. Glad 2 hear everythings good though except minor things.
              http://www.rollinhardriderz.com
              http://www.myspace.com/hostyle742

sigpic

Comment

Glad you're alright.
                2007 Honda CBR600rr
                2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                sigpic

Comment

If you can get up and walk away, you're lucky. Just remember your kat only has 8 lives now
                  R.I.P. Marc (CyberPoet)

Comment

thanks for the support guys. I figured you'd all call me a dumbass squid LOL... really I'm not. not sure what happened. Learned many lessons today... gonna buy proper pants and boots... and be more careful. things could have been way worse..... way way worse..

Comment

ya great that you were able to walk away or as stated ride away with all important things still intact

Comment

Originally posted by cut_cutta View Post
                        thanks for the support guys. I figured you'd all call me a dumbass squid LOL... really I'm not. not sure what happened. Learned many lessons today... gonna buy proper pants and boots... and be more careful. things could have been way worse..... way way worse..
                        You'd only be a dumbass squid if you didn't learn anything. Glad to hear you did and you are okay.

Guardrails can really mess you up if given the chance. Take care and be safe.
                        2006 GSXR 600 Gone to Gixxer heaven
                        BMC Notorious 918 HT
                        2007 GSXR 750

KATRIDERS SOCAL GROUP RIDE 2009

Comment

sounds like target fixation... you go where you look...

Might I suggest...

(if you were getting close to the guardrail, your line through that corner shouldn't take you anywhere near the outside of the lane...)

Only on corner entry should you be close to the edge so you can get a better sight-line through the corner which enables you to see your exit point earlier... Don't be fooled by the urge to take corners faster than you really need on the streets... this book will let you in on the secret of enjoying a pace on the road that focuses more on cornering ability rather than flat-out speed. Being able to flick your Katana into and out of the corners is a more impressive skill that we all will admire.

a link to buy from amazon...

ps.. to you being able to walk away from your incident...
                          Last edited by allblackkat; 06-27-2008, 02:13 AM.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Glad you ok and walked away from it.

Just a reminder that one should never ride faster than there guardian angel can fly.

Tok

Comment

Originally posted by allblackkat View Post

Isn't your head/eye line suppose to be parallel with the ground?
                              myspace
                              2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Working...
                              X