No announcement yet.
X

katana down!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear you walked away. Sometimes learning hurts.

Ditto with CP: New helmet time. That foam in you helmet only works once.

Comment

Glad your ok
      remember......

Comment

Great that you walked away!
        I woke up in the middle of the street once, half stumbled/crawled and collapsed against a parked truck until the ambulance could cart me away.
        --- 1992 Katana stolen from San Antonio ---
        --- Bought a 1996 Katana 600 ---

Comment

Dumbass squid Just kidding. Glad that you are okay - especially from a spill at that rate of speed - someone was definitely watching over you! Bikes can be repaired/replaced - riders can't.
          2006 Katana 750 - Daily therapy
          2005 ZZR1200 - Weekend therapy

Comment

See! All of us preaching about wearing your gear isn't just a load of bull!

Glad you're OK Bro...

THE DOC
            THE DOC
            RIP MARC......Ride on in Heaven Brother!
            Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a
            mistake when you make it again.
            sigpic

Comment

You aren't a squid. You wore gear, and it saved you a LOT of pain. Glad to hear you made it out ok!

I too need a set of riding pants, but I've got boots. Trouble is that it's hard to find stuff that fits. How bad were your injuries, and where were they located? I'm considering some strap on pads.

I've had some instances going too hot into a corner, and just slow (as much as possible), look (at where I needed to go), pressed hard, and rolled a good amount of throttle, leaning my body weight as low as possible. You'd be surprised as to how far the kat will lean and how hard it will turn.... And it will do it fairly easily, but you just have to have faith in the technique and do it with confidence.
              WTB: ANY Katana located in Bangkok, Thailand. :-/

Comment

Originally posted by cut_cutta View Post
                thanks for the support guys. I figured you'd all call me a dumbass squid LOL... really I'm not. not sure what happened. Learned many lessons today... gonna buy proper pants and boots... and be more careful. things could have been way worse..... way way worse..
                You're a dumbass squid!

I kid. You learned a couple of good lessons, man. Follow through, and don't forget them.
                Originally posted by Nero
                "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
                  Isn't your head/eye line suppose to be parallel with the ground?

I find that having your eyes/head parallel with the ground kinda happens naturally... if you can keep your head on a swivel your instincts make that happen.

That or I've seen racers lead w/ their head or chin while cornering (also forcing their eyes to be parallel w/ the ground) like this guy...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

I think you guys are right about me being pulled into the rail because I was looking at it. I really didnt feel that I was going insanely fast for the turn, I *should* have made it if I did things properly. I've made turns tighter than that going as fast before. The important lesson is I *was* going to fast for my ability.

I think my mistakes were that I underestimated the turn (because it's a blind corner), and it tightened up some at the end. I should have been able to compensate for that, but as you guys said, I was looking right at the gaurd rail.. which made me lean to the left even less. Therefor ---> BANG.

My only injuries were 2 quarter size patches of friction burn on both of my knees (on the top of the knee cap), and some minor scratches on the inside of my right leg. And the bruises to my ego LOL. Thanks for the cornering information, guys. I'll practice them as soon as I get a new mirror, foot peg, helmet, and gloves. My leather jacket took the punishment remarkably well, and only took the finish off of it. I think I'll wear it with its battle scars for a while.

The one thing that really suprised me, was that I had a pair of riding gloves with lots of padding on the back of the hands. I was told that the padding was more for looks, because if you biff it, you're gonna go palms first. However, the back of my right glove was completely torn up, the padding tore off of some parts. It did it's job. I still think leather would be better though, because the fabric ripped up way too quickly, and ripped the padding right out.

Comment

Glad you're ok. The jacket will serve as a good reminder

Comment

the book will tell you that you want to spend as little time as possible with the bike leaned over... focusing more on a quick flick of the bike to get your line set and then back upright to regain the most traction points on your tires, making you a little safer on your ride...

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Good thing you were wearing your gear... I may not always wear my pants but I always at least have my helmet, gloves, and jacket on. I couple months ago I ran into a buddy of mine I hadn't seen in a while and he had pretty bad road rash up his legs and arms and mid section... when I asked what happened he told me he dumped his bike on the freeway a week back. When I asked if he was wearing his gear he replied with "Hell no... ruin a $400 leather jacket... my skin will grow back". I looked at him for a second and then reached out a b**** slapped him decently hard, called him a dumb a** and walked away.
                          ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯ `·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸

``·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸ ¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.·´

Comment

Originally posted by ChandlerW View Post
                            Great that you walked away!
                            I woke up in the middle of the street once, half stumbled/crawled and collapsed against a parked truck until the ambulance could cart me away.
                            Same thing happened to me... What bar did you get kicked out of?
                            Originally posted by Nero
                            "Be the ball, Danny. Be the ball."
                            SUPPORT YOUR FORUM: Buy a KR decal!

MY 2001 600 KATANA - Sold... But never forgotten.

Comment

wow man. very glad you're o.k. also, great news that the damage to your bike was so minimal considering the possibilities.
                              R.I.P. Marc- 09/20/09

Comment

my father always says if you can tell the story you did alright. glad your alright
                                Out there we are all brothers.

96 Kat 600 "bobtastic"

Comment

Working...
                                X