No announcement yet.
X

What's the point of the parking light?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

my '80 kawi LTD actually has a switch on the left grip that's marked "emergency flashers" or somesuch. hit the button and all 4 signals flash just like a cage's.
    99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
    1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
    '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
    Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

Personally, I believe that every motorcycle should have four-way flashers, but at some point, the motorcycle industry convinced the DOT that they should be exempt from that requirement...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
        Yes, lock locks the steering column.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Cheers. Must see if it works now.
        " Youre all heart callaghan "

Comment

I have a SCORPIO alarm system on my bike with all the options, but it did not come with LED. I went to Canadian Tire and bought a pair of blue LEDs with a flash module and wired them to my ign sw. Now, every time my ign is in the OFF position, the blue flashing LEDs come on, regardless of the alarm system. I also wired in a switch to turn them off completely and mounted it by my fuse box.
          The 3rd eye makes a great place to mount the 2 LEDs, one on each side of the factory light bulb, now I never use the park light position on the witch. The LEDs can be left on flashing for weeks before they make any difference to the batt, I guess you could do the same at the rear and install additional LEDs in the tail light.
          I get a lot of comments on some of the cosmetic mods that I have done, but this one actually backs people up because of the alarm. My perimeter sensor is set to chirp when people are about 3 feet away (a little more than arms length) from my bike.
          Last edited by baddkat; 05-04-2008, 11:45 AM. Reason: Type-Os
          sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

Originally posted by baddkat View Post
            I have a SCORPIO alarm system on my bike with all the options, but it did not come with LED. I went to Canadian Tire and bought a pair of blue LEDs with a flash module and wired them to my ign sw. Now, every time my ign is in the OFF position, the blue flashing LEDs come on, regardless of the alarm system. I also wired in a switch to turn them off completely and mounted it by my fuse box.
            The 3rd eye makes a great place to mount the 2 LEDs, one on each side of the factory light bulb, now I never use the park light position on the witch. The LEDs can be left on flashing for weeks before they make any difference to the batt, I guess you could do the same at the rear and install additional LEDs in the tail light.
            I get a lot of comments on some of the cosmetic mods that I have done, but this one actually backs people up because of the alarm. My perimeter sensor is set to chirp when people are about 3 feet away (a little more than arms length) from my bike.
            Very handy. Pity perimeter guns can't legally be mounted. Now that would be a security system.
            " Youre all heart callaghan "

Comment

Originally posted by panther600 View Post
              Very handy. Pity perimeter guns can't legally be mounted. Now that would be a security system.
              maybe a flame thrower can be incorporated into the parking light issue, the pilot light could replace the 3rd eye.
              sigpic'06 750Kat, SCORPIO alarm, integrated turn sigs into smoked LED tail light, gun metal frt turn sigs & windshield, shovel MIA, AMSOIL throughout, TARGA tank cover, PIIA 130Db Sport Horns. 16-45 sprocket set-up

Comment

I just ordered the top-of-the-line new scorpion alarm (BTW, did I mention I can get everyone scorpions new cheaper than your dealer?)... No notification that it's there until the perimeter alarm sounds, but lots of notification to me via the pager -- that's fine.

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                  I just ordered the top-of-the-line new scorpion alarm (BTW, did I mention I can get everyone scorpions new cheaper than your dealer?)... No notification that it's there until the perimeter alarm sounds, but lots of notification to me via the pager -- that's fine.

Cheers,
                  =-= The CyberPoet
                  I really like the system, easy to install and much louder than any other bike alarms I have ever heard. The two way is a must, I have a Compustar 2 way on my truck also.
                  If you want a quality product you can't expect to get it cheap, but paying MSRP is also out of the question.

Comment

Working...
                  X