Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Does your other half support your riding ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scrappy
    replied
    Welllll, my g/f used to be all for me riding, because she rode too. Then, last year, she was in an accident (in her cage, but it scared the shit out of her) and she's only been on her bike maybe 3 times since last June. I didn't ride much last summer because she was terrified for me, and I thought that if I just gave it time, her feelings would change. Well, they didn't, and in fact, she's going to sell her bike this spring/summer. She knows that riding is very important to me, and she would never ask me to stop, but she's not turning cartwheels when I do ride these days. She makes this face when I tell her that I'm going to ride to work (or wherever) and then just says, "Please, be careful. Are you sure you want to ride today? Please be careful. Please be careful........."

It's hard because I feel like I'm putting her through unnecessary worry. But I've pointed out that I could be killed in a cage just the same. When it's your time, it's your time, no matter what you do to protect yourself.

Sorry for the hi-jack.
    We now return to our regularly scheduled poll.....

Leave a comment:

• Macka
    replied
    My wife hates it. She has come to accept it because it is something that I love doing and it makes me happy. But I do get a lot of grief if I am gone for more than a few hours.

And a casual "I'm going for a ride" more often than not ends up in her freaking out just a little.

I do want to take some longer day trips out to Western Mass., because that's where the mountains are around here...she is against it, but she may yet come around.

Leave a comment:

• 1BlueKat
    replied
    My gf loves to ride, we rode for 3 and half hours yesterday and man what fun! I purchased her own gear, and she does not bat an eye when I talk about gettin a busa, she has nothing against riding. I could not get any better than her!

Leave a comment:

• Junior
    replied
    My wife's okay with it.... as long as I don't bring Range home with me.

Leave a comment:

• KatanaO215
    replied
    my wife loves riding with me. She has no problem with me riding at all, she just asks that I be carefull

Leave a comment:

• SweetLou
    replied
    If I had a girlfriend, she would have to be ok with riding, but it would be even better if she liked to ride with me.

DJ, will you be my Girlfriend????

Leave a comment:

• OtLa
    replied
    My wife loves riding, bikes and almost everything that goes with it...except the money I spend on the bike..oh yeah and the fact that I constantly talk about adding another bike to the garage...And the fact that 70% of the time I go without her.

All in all, for a woman she's not so bad

Leave a comment:

• escahoe
    replied
    I don't have another half.....Wait that means i don't hear nagging when I go to sleep

Leave a comment:

• BigCorySBFMC707
    replied
    My lady likes that I ride, just doesnt want me stunting, she was the one that had to take me to the emergency room after my high speed wheelie crash and she has been on my case ever since.

Leave a comment:

• WildKat
    replied
    Crunchie loves riding w/ me, so Im fortunate there. She's not into bikes near as much as me, but thats ok. She supports me and is glad I have a something like riding to occupy my spare time, and something I can really get into.

Leave a comment:

• HIEXWIFE
    replied
    the ex didn't like it at first...but then came around. i never got to take her for a ride on the road really...just around the block a couple times. she didn't seem to mind to much. well, when i wrecked last summer and came home she was like...."i told you, i knew it". i told her it wasn't my fault, shut the hell up and get in the house to help me clean the road rash. but if i get another GF, wife, whatever..she'll have to be OK with it.

Leave a comment:

• AkBigN
    replied
    Who needs food? Man your mom is a worrier.
    Yeah actually I sent a picture to my mom and she called me crying. I guess she would be on the "non-suportive" side. She hates it but the rest of my friends and family love it. I actually got a few more people to buy bikes.

Leave a comment:

• duff daddy
    replied
    ah doesnt support me, my mom said i spend too much money one the bike and not enough on food/gas/other stuff ...

Leave a comment:

• bonstrosity
    replied
    My Gf is against it and has caused a lot of termoil. The reason is because her cousin died on a motorcycle. She came to find out recently though that he died racing at 120 mph in the rain w/out his helmet buckled. so he went down helmet came off and that was it. It's a very sad story but to some extent he did make some stupid decisions. So now that I've promised her I won't do that and always wear my gear she's come to terms with it. I won't force her to ride on it though.

Leave a comment:

• ZukiFred
    replied
    She is vary suportive of my riding. The only problem she has is that she would like to be able to ride with me more often.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X