No announcement yet.
X

Why Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cause right now I don't want to pay what Busas are bringing and the Gixxers aren't two-up friendly.
    Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
    '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
    '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
    '11 Kawasaki KLR650
    I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Seems like I have the same type of answers as a lot of others here.
      Lets See:

1. It was the first crotch rocket I saw and fell in love with it.
      2. It is named after not only my favorite weapon but it is named after a cool looking sword
      3. It was cheap
      4. Comfortable ride
      5. and porbably last is, I am a mechanic by profession and love. I Love to tinker and am the epitomy of "Tim the Tool Man Taylor," any thing can, should and will need or use more power, which works good since my name is Tim The Kat is one of those things that is a good base and can, should, and will need more power.

Just seemed like the right fit. Hell I have put countless hours into it, learning, doing and redoing. Hint I have K&N pod filters and everyone here can tell you they suck to tune but after a few hundred hours I got it good. I have painted the bike 5 times. BUt after all the hours I dont think I will ever get rid of her, I love her to much. My wife on the other hand .......

Comment

I bought my Kat for a commuter and it fits me like a glove. I also have a Honda ST1100 but it's too big to lug around town.

Also the KAt was WAY cheaper than a sport and as described, more of a sport tourer. Which means more comfortable than a pure sport.

So...cheap, comfortable and good MPG convinced me.
        It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

And why do I have this strong sensation of deja vu right now?

Why the heck not Katana?
          Last edited by zuma; 02-20-2008, 07:53 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

Originally posted by zuma View Post
            And why do I have this strong sensation of deja vu right now?

Why the hell not Katana?

Deja Vu it is alright!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by DayKat View Post
              Deja Vu it is alright!!!!!
              I do too cause I bought one new in '91, it seemed stronger though.
              Jesus, family, me. Psalm 121 Red Pill Mille Clip ATGATT
              '01 Aprilia RST 1000 Futura
              '08 Aprilia RSV Factory
              '11 Kawasaki KLR650
              I bought my first Kat in 1991, brand new, a red 600. No pics though.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox Fader View Post
                I do too cause I bought one new in '91, it seemed stronger though.
                I didn't buy one until 07 but I do remember slobberig over them in the 80's... That was pretty strong in itself!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Comfortable And Style

Comment

I know it is a reliable bike, good for long rides, two up riding, good mileage, etc. But the real reason why I got it is I like the way it looks. I like the dual headlights in the front, profile is tight, I just like everything about it.
                    The Armor of God - Never leave home without it!

Comment

Working...
                    X