X

Why Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Katana?

There are so many new and exciting sportbikes on the market and I was just curious to see why everyone here decided on the katana over everything else?

It's comfortable, looks good, runs like a champ, was cheap and gets great gas mileage. Plus it's blue.
    "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
    JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by eby132409 View Post
      There are so many new and exciting sportbikes on the market and I was just curious to see why everyone here decided on the katana over everything else?
      why not It's better then dedicating my life to crack?

Comment

cheap

Comment

Comfort for long rides, inexpensive.

I am also thinking about getting a Suzuki V-Strom 1000 this spring for even longer rides. Also like the KLR 650 for a little dual sport fun, too many great trails to ride close by
          25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

Cause it beats peddling a bike?
            Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

Katana is my first bike. Ever since wanting a sportibke I always liked the katana.
              My reasons:
              Cheap on insurance vs type-r's. (23, with some speeding tickets)
              Its so comfortable, can ride this bike all day. For this reason I will never sell my katana.
              All around great bike, be it traveling or the twistys.
              Looks, I don't care what anyone says I've always liked the look of them lol.
              Also being a beginner, really liked the fact people called the engine bulletproof, wanted somthing really reliable.
              Last edited by Action!Jackson; 01-29-2008, 06:10 PM.

Comment

The Kat is not really a 'sport bike.' I would classify it more as a ST or even a standard.
                It sits more upright and is more suited to long days at a quick crusiing speed that short bursts of 120+.

Comment

I got my Kat because I found it at the right time and for the right price.

I don't have anything to compare it to since it is my first bike, but so far I think its a great bike.
                  sigpic

Comment

As most have already stated, price was a major factor but here are some other reasons:

Works well in the twisties
                    Works well on long trips
                    Works well for commuting
                    Works well for two up
                    Works well ......

It's just an all around good bike. Plus, I like the looks.

Comment

Ever since 1988, I wanted a Katana. Then in 1989, when I was about to get one, Saddam's first party in the Iraqi sandbox began . A few years later, when I finally got back to the US, I could no longer afford it, while paying for college also. Fast forward to 2006... I finally could have my Kat . With the Affordable price tag for brand new ($7k), Bulletproof engine, Low insurance rates($28/month FULL coverage), Original smooth fairing looks (does not look like all of the other hornet / wasp looking sportbikes), Comfortable ride for me and my wife 2up, and plenty of Get up and go when it is needed. My Kat is a Great ALL-AROUND Sport Touring Bike. I will have her for a LONG..... time.
                      Last edited by JaxKat; 01-29-2008, 06:57 PM.
                      2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                      Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                      "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                      Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                      Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                      "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

To be perfectly honest....because mine was givin to me....

As much as i don't care for the overall looks of the post 98's and the pre is kinda bland, i have come to really appreicate my pre. I'm an old guy and it is one ST style ride that doesn't put blisters on my butt. I have had mine for 5 years now...and i wouldn't ever trade it nor sell it....

Comment

Traded my Dodge Charger for it.

Originally posted by eby132409 View Post

Comment

I saw my first '63 Vette split window coupe at 9. My first '63 Jag XK-E coupe at 10. No other vehicle ever came close to doing what those did to me...until I saw my first Katana ('04) three years ago. That was enough to make me want one. The other benefits just managed to come with it.

1. design and looks
                            2. affordability
                            3. reliability
                            4. power and speed* (143 isn't much different than 180 to me)
                            *I ride safely, but don't spend any extra time in the passing lane.
                            5. insurance rates
                            6. versatility
                            7. comfort
                            8. precise, instrument-like handling

I had an '06 black 600...sold it to keep my sons from doing 140 (got them a Shadow).
                            Sold the Shadow in October and bought one of the last new '06 red 750's in Texas.
                            Love my Cinnamon Girl forever.

"A knight proves his worthiness by his deeds."

Comment

my dad got the bike in 92 (i was 8) and it was the coolest looking bike to me. then over the years as it just sat in the garage i would take the cover off and look at it with my friends and we'd gawk over it and how it totally didnt look like an 88. so i told my pops i wanted to get a mc license and when i signed up for the course he just randomly threw me the keys. didnt work at the time but now its a dream. its really comfy (and im 6'6") and with the more straight up sitting position as compaired to the new rockets my back never hurts. only my hands from the constant clutching, braking , and throttling. its a very well balanced bike too. when i first started riding i thought such a big bike (1100) would be too heavy for me, but as soon as you get rollin its perfect.
                              ford guy turned kat rider

Comment

Working...
                              X