X

Why Katana?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
    It's comfortable, looks good, runs like a champ, was cheap and gets great gas mileage. Plus it's blue.
    Exactly.

My 06 Kat is my first street bike (have had many dirtbikes). It was in my price range, and still allowed enough $$$ to get some upgrades/mods.

I love my kat, for exactly the reasons KatanaSoldier said, and a few more..its fun, its stable, and bulletproof.
    It doesn't matter what you ride, as long as you ride.

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
      It's comfortable, looks good, runs like a champ, was cheap and gets great gas mileage. Plus it's blue.
      when i first sat on it i knew it was the one

Comment

When I got my 1100 it had less than 10000 miles and was bone stock except for some really crappy tires that were mismatched (bridgstone on front / touring Dunlop in the rear). So, other than the tires I had a pretty good example of one. This will be the fourth riding season in my posession. My dad loaned me the money to get it to be payed back at my leisure (and it was paid back). So far, it's been a good trip. The mods went a little different to figure out but this site helped a lot. Now that it's dialed-in just about right we can see what the fuss is about . Bare in mind this is coming from a man that grew up on and still loves Honda products. I do have to say this though, the Katana is a very solid motorcycle that covers a lot of bases. It's not perfect, but effective as your moods change.

ENJOY IT, IT"S EASY
        The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

When I got mine, I had no idea what a Katana was (or super sport vs sport touring, looked like a crotch rocket to me). My wife found it, she showed it to me, a friend test drove it, my wife bought it, the rest is history!

New to Katriders? Click Here!

Comment

I bought mine of course because of the price, i got it in 05 with 4k for only 3700. Not to mention i got a cover, two helmets with cases, a lock and a back seat tie down.
            What I really liked most though is that it wasen't popular. It still had the sexy to get the chicks just without the conformist attitude. It had it's own style and pizzaz with the ability to leave someone in the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by eby132409 View Post
              There are so many new and exciting sportbikes on the market and I was just curious to see why everyone here decided on the katana over everything else?
              I bought mine to get me riding after a 10 year off, bought an 05 600, I wanted a sport bike, and i didn't want to kill myself on a 100+ hp RR Bike,
              Flash Forward 3 years, Now i feel i am ready for the RR bike, Despite what others say.

Comment

Because I already own it! I've had it for 17 years.

Comment

There are other motorcycles?
                  Wish You Were Here? And Yes That is Aaron Yates In The Background.

MY BIKE
                  http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...rsionpardner1/

AMA SUPERBIKE RACE PICS:
                  http://s264.photobucket.com/albums/i...20race%20pics/

Comment

because i like the power window thingy!
                    WOW! your bikes really fast! you were flying when i passed you!

xbox live= katana11
                    We Will Always remember!
                    sigpic

Comment

went looking for a cruiser after a long time off from biking and sat on my kat and took her home when i ride by i dont look like everybody else whats not to like

Comment

because 15 or so years ago, it was the fastest bike on the planet and looked sharp, and it gave me an erection when I saw it sitting on the showroom floor.
                        I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Let's see...

Because:

- I already did the SS thing.........60K+ miles on a early Gsxr...I must have been young. My back hurts thinking about it now
                          - I like the 'old school' look
                          - Decent price (why would I buy a new bike just to start wrenching on it? I can justify it in my head more, if I buy something that 'needs' me to work on it)
                          - Easy to get parts for
                          - Roomy enough for me at 6'3" 220
                          - Enough grunt to ride two up occasionally
                          - Cheap insurance ($200ish a year liability + comp)
                          - I don't see ANY pre 98 Kats on the road around here

And mainly because I LIKE it. It's my money, my time, my butt on the seat. I'm too old to worry about pleasing anyone else, or worry about what someone else thinks.

But since my motor might need 'freshening' up, what's the harm in a 750 or 1200 swap?

Comment

Christmas gift from my wife

Comment

Let's see:
                              The first one -- because it fulfilled my needs perfectly: had dual-headlights and full fairings for weather protection without being a goldwing (or equiv), comfortable ergo's and a go-all-day ride, plus bonus points for air-oil cooling not cooking my ankles at every stoplight (unlike my previous bike). I had actually popped in to look at something else used and ended up buying a new Kat on sale instead.

The second one -- because the first one was so good to me, although the first one by then had also racked up over 40k miles and was starting to show it's age a bit. The second one was 1 year old, had 1500 miles and I got it for what the old bike was valued at with 42k miles...

The third one -- because the second one was stolen by some lowlife MF on the 7th of December, 2007.

Seeing a pattern here?

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet
                              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I do not have a Katana just yet but thanx to members like Joe (chinto) and Chris (arsenic) I will soon have one even if i need to build it piece by piece..In the end it will be built to suit its rider (me). The reason i was drawn to the Katana was because of the looks of the pre 98 600s...and the fact that it allows me to experience much the same performance as a SS bike but with the all round performance of my Honda VF Interceptor. Sure the Katana is a heavier and longer bike then its younger brother the Gixxer but with the right rider and the right mods its just as capable.

Comment

Working...
                                X