The $1200 Katana Special...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh this is gonna get good...

Comment

I know mojoe's brain damages cause him not have any inhibition functions, but as far as I was aware, he didn't have memory fogues as well

It was mentioned in the stolen kats thread, in the donation thread (at least at one point), in the debate thread, and elsewhere. It wasn't any form of secret. He had already made arrangements to sell the old Kat (effectively sold already, but not title-transfered) when it was stolen, so he was out the $$ from the sale, which had planned on using to help pay for his new Kat.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I'M glad to hear you're back on a bike again.

I tell ya what, some of my best bikes were the cheap fixer uppers. Most of that is because the cheaper buying prices allow more $$$ for modifications.
        Take your time, tune it up right and give it the TLC it needs.
        98 GSX750F
        95 Honda VT600 vlx
        08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Originally posted by chinto View Post
          there was a post or 2 about Malloc already having a bike. It was not kept a secret or anything but it certainly was not referred to all that often during the charity case. The drive was all for the purpose of getting CP, oh yeah, and to give Malloc a portion of the donations.

For what it's worth, I concur that this was my understanding.
          -2000 "750"

Comment

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
              Hook?

Comment

=USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post

Comment

OK...

Line and sinker!
                    =USAF= Retired

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
                      I know mojoe's brain damages cause him not have any inhibition functions, but as far as I was aware, he didn't have memory fogues as well

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet
                      actually, that is effected as well. memory that is, as well as concentration and time reference. you know...an event can happen 6 months ago, and I might remember as 6 weeks ago, or a year or more ago. I also have a tendency to get things mixed up. You know....you and your gf might show up for a party at my place and you could slip off and boink her in the bathroom, and my dog might pee on your shirt.......but it's possible I might remember it as you tried to boink my dog and your gf got ticked off and peed in your beer.

seriously, all I really remember reading was that he had his bike stolen. This is the first time I heard about the 2nd. Doesn't really matter though, does it?
                      It was like Chinto said....not mentioned much in the charity case post. That explains why he only got a portion, then.

Originally posted by Black_peter View Post

Oh this is gonna get good...
                      na...it ain't. my mistake for not being up to speed on the 2nd bike.
                      Last edited by Mojoe; 01-21-2008, 11:36 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                      I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe View Post
                        actually, that is effected as well. memory that is, as well as concentration and time reference. you know...an event can happen 6 months ago, and I might remember as 6 weeks ago, or a year or more ago. I also have a tendency to get things mixed up. You know....you and your gf might show up for a party at my place and you could slip off and boink her in the bathroom, and my dog might pee on your shirt.......but it's possible I might remember it as you tried to boink my dog and your gf got ticked off and peed in your beer.

seriously, all I really remember reading was that he had his bike stolen. This is the first time I heard about the 2nd. Doesn't really matter though, does it?
                        It was like Chinto said....not mentioned much in the charity case post. That explains why he only got a portion, then.
                        It's fine Mojoe. You know now this was no secret and was specifically mentioned in the related posts.

I had no idea as to the extent of your injuries and I am sorry to hear that, sincerely.
                        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                        JOHN 16:33

Comment

I also have a tendency to get things mixed up. You know....you and your gf might show up for a party at my place and you could slip off and boink her in the bathroom, and my dog might pee on your shirt.......but it's possible I might remember it as you tried to boink my dog and your gf got ticked off and peed in your beer.
                          At least it hasn't affected your sense of humor. Gawd!! That's funny!

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier View Post
                            It's fine Mojoe. You know now this was no secret and was specifically mentioned in the related posts.

I had no idea as to the extent of your injuries and I am sorry to hear that, sincerely.
                            hey...don't be sorry. It sucks for some things, but comes in damn handy for others. I now have a great excuse for forgetting b-days, names, anniversaries, and taking out the garbage.

the biggest handicap from it......my compassion is limited. with two bad knees that keep popping on me and leaving me fuk'd for a few weeks, the steel plate in my foot, the pin in my elbow, the bad back, as well as a couple of other painful joints and such....combined with the effect on the brain, all of which has left me without a "pain free" day since Jan 13, 1990.....well, just maybe that is why I shot my mouth off on this.
                            I just plain didn't feel as sorry for Marc as most have you might have....the same way I don't feel sorry for 99.9% of the whiners and complainers in the world....not that I am saying Marc is a whiner or complainer.

Anyhow....not mentioning any of that for sympathy. I hate sympathy. And not that I care either way, but maybe it will give you an idea why my whole impression of this was "BS". This has been a bad winter for me. The cold has me going through pain killers like candy, and the knee giving out on Xmas still hurts like a biatch. It tries my patience to the point that I fight with every ounce of self control not to say to the biatch holding up the line at the grocery store, "move your arse you fat cow".

so final words on the whole subject, I am not sorry for stating that I disagree with this whole thing, but I am sorry I did it in a way that offended so many of you. I have been feeling a bit frustrated lately, and with this being the internet with no real consequence to speak of, I guess I just snapped. In real life I never would have taken it that far.

Just don't get the idea that this is a full blown apology and that I regret stating the way I saw it. I am only apologizing for my method of doing it.

And I didn't mean anything with my question about the 2nd bike. well....maybe I did, but I really am being honest when I say I never heard of any mention of the 2nd bike before this thread. I was "confused" and could not understand why donations were being taken for Malloc if he already had a second bike.

Originally posted by Cale_Kat View Post
                            At least it hasn't affected your sense of humor. Gawd!! That's funny!
                            hey....damn good thing it hasn't effected my sense of humor. that is one of the major things that help me cope with a lot of chit.
                            Last edited by Mojoe; 01-22-2008, 12:43 AM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Oh right like that wasn't gold!
                              Gold I tell ya..

Comment

...not mentioning any of that for sympathy. I hate sympathy.
                                It's OK -- I'm sympathetic to your inability to sympathize.

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Working...
                                X