X

The $1200 Katana Special...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
    Today I went down to Bradenton and met up with Mat06 (who donated a stock 06 750 exhaust and OEM jetting) and took him to lunch (he also got the hat I bought from Mojoe as thanks as well)...

Good to see ya again, glad I could pitch in!
    myspace
    2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

Originally posted by Mat0302 View Post
      Good to see ya again, glad I could pitch in!
      Always a pleasure to see you, Matt... Say -- you going to BikeWeek with us? We're shooting for Tuesday, March 4th at this point; very early morning ride-out to Daytona and spend the day test-riding bikes, then back in the early evening...

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

so I won't use a smiley here

it actually feels good to hear you picked up a bike!!

Congrats Bro!!
        TDA Racing/Motorsports
        1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
        Who knows what is next?
        Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
        Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

if you don't like the yosh, I will buy it from you!!!!
          TDA Racing/Motorsports
          1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
          Who knows what is next?
          Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
          Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

Actually, as noted above, I think I've worked a deal out with StevieB to get the bike's plastics & tank repaired & repainted in exchange for the Yoshi + a used Mac + SCSI hardware.

If that deal falls through, I'll entertain offers for the Yoshi.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

my brake lever was curled even more than that when i first got it...

congratulations on getting the bike.

Comment

CP, that kat doesn't look as bad as I had imagined for $1200.
                in fact with a little work and a few parts, it would be roadworthy in no time. Too bad you don't really have a winter season down there to tear it down so you don't lose any riding time!HAHA

Comment

Originally posted by danp2630 View Post
                  CP, that kat doesn't look as bad as I had imagined for $1200.
                  in fact with a little work and a few parts, it would be roadworthy in no time. Too bad you don't really have a winter season down there to tear it down so you don't lose any riding time!HAHA

Ditto to this! It is going to be nice seeing this Kat progress.
                  "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                  JOHN 16:33

Comment

That's not bad at all, as long as the internals are functioning correctly ... If you can getcha roll on, you can getcha stroll on ..

A very decent purchase ... Congrats
                    The people who think they know everything always mess it up for those of us who do .....

BIGKAT1100

Comment

By the time of the Rally in July, CP will have this bike in tip top shape.
                      2007 Honda CBR600rr
                      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
                      sigpic

Comment

You said you wanted Metzeler Z6's, here's a set on E-bay with free shipping for only $240. The rear is prolly wrong sized, but maybe you know a local dealer that will work a trade? Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...208810530&rd=1
                        99% of the questions asked here can be answered by a 2 minute search in the service manual. Get a service manual, USE IT.
                        1990 Suzuki GSX750F Katana
                        '53 Ford F250 pickumuptruck
                        Lookin for a new Enduro project

Comment

DumbLuck, that's standard mail-order pricing after shipping from any of the common vendors many of us use (AmericanMotoTire.com for example) -- and I'll get the right size the first time around

But thanks for thinking of me!

ADDED
                          Actually, I got some more valve orders and double-checking my paypal balance, I have just enough to order the tires, so I just placed the order with AmericanMotoTire... Tires ought to be on the way come Monday or so. I love it when a plan comes together!

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          Last edited by The CyberPoet; 01-27-2008, 02:48 AM.
                          Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

This is awsome ... KatRiders are truely awsome ...
                            I feel all warm and fuzzy now ...
                            I love you guys .
                            We actually made KAT happen ...
                            We can do anything ...

and... Marc, be carefull of the brakes also, the front rotars look rusted .
                            2006 Black N Gold Katana 750.
                            Hey Pittsburgh!!! (and Western PA), Join the
                            "Sport Bike Alliance of Pittsburgh" : http://www.sportbikealliance.com And lets RIDE...
                            Motorcycle Maintenance Scheduling and MPG tool: http://www.mileagetracker.org/index.php
                            Veteran of the United States Air Force.
                            "Land of the Free... BECAUSE... of the Brave".

Comment

Marc...that doesn't look so bad.
                              You know if I had anything laying around it would be yours!

Comment

Working...
                              X