No announcement yet.
X

Carrying a spare visor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Since mine is my daily driver (not so much now) I keep my tank bag and saddlebags on.
    No isues on storage.

Comment

I also keep a spare one (clear) in my tank bag. Mine on my helmet is tinted blue chrome which allows me to see perfect at night with it on. So I never have to change it.
      2007 Honda CBR600rr
      2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-14

visit the Twisted Assassins
      sigpic

Comment

Jax makes & sells (or at least used to) awesome microfiber visor covers so they won't get scratched in transport -- send him a PM.
        Depending on how flexible your visor (shield) is, you may be able to tuck it into the rear side fairings on the 98+ -- one brand I've used was flexible enough to do it, but many aren't.

I don't know how the law is written in the UK on the subject, but here I use a titanium-coated shield on my daytime helmet and carry yellow shooting glasses under the seat (well did til those $%#$% stole the bike); when it got dark outside before I got back, I'd open the visor and just wear the glasses. If I knew I was going out at night, I'd do the reverse -- take a clear shield and a set of tinted sunglasses.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

I have actually gone to running the Moto-Optix polarized lens. It is a fairly thin lens that velcros on top of the helmets normal shield, and is thin enough that you can store it damn near anywhere.
          Pics
          Pics
          No pics yet
          Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Working...
          X