X

Carrying a spare visor

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carrying a spare visor

over here in the UK, black visors arent strictly legal and its advised to carry a clear.

anyone know any decent places to carry one on a post 98 gsxf?

i was told under the screen but the visor wont fit not sure if its cos a shoei and quite rigid.

any ideas?

I tuck mine inside my jacket around my kidneys. My pants zip into my jacket, so it wont fall out, and I don't even notice it in there.

Comment

in your jacket or a tankbag? I have a scorpion with auto tinting visor. its nice

Comment

not tried it on my person yet, weathers not so great over here at the moment so waiting to get out again

Comment

I carry mine in my tankbag. it is shaped so it fits on edge up agaisnt the front wall of the tankbag. perfect fit.
          I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

I have a Joe Rocket Phoenix Jacket, and it actually has a soft visor pocket that fits around the rib cage

myspace
            2006 Suzuki Kat GSX750F

Comment

mine is light tint, I never take it off, its just enough tint to help when riding into the sun, but not too dark at night
              25 minutes from the Cherohala, 30 minutes to overlook (Deals Gap)

Comment

I carry my spare clear visor under the seat in my helmet bag.
                It fits down between the frame and the side cover on the one side
                98 GSX750F
                95 Honda VT600 vlx
                08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

you can get a bag specifically to carry visors that straps around your waist ...
                  got a tinted insert in my visor that can't be removed, also stops condensation so i can leave my visor closed at all times so don't need to carry a spare
                  it ain't broke ....

i ain't fixed it enough

Comment

Originally posted by Dan Dubeau View Post
                    I tuck mine inside my jacket around my kidneys. My pants zip into my jacket, so it wont fall out, and I don't even notice it in there.
                    Thats what I do too. Oh never mind, your talking about visors.

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Originally posted by t121anf View Post
                      over here in the UK, black visors arent strictly legal and its advised to carry a clear.

anyone know any decent places to carry one on a post 98 gsxf?

i was told under the screen but the visor wont fit not sure if its cos a shoei and quite rigid.

any ideas?
                      I too have a shoei (RF1000) and carry my spare visor in a tail bag. I just wrap my visor in my helmet back to keep it from getting scratched. I've tried the under the seat method but it doesn't seem to fit with the shoei visor. in a pinch ive placed it inside my jacket between my kidneys but that didn't feel too safe for me. I've also used a seat "bungie net" and just secured it curves side down on the seat.
                      2001 Katana 600

Comment

I used to just stretch an old tube sock over mine and store it under the seat, but have a tankbag now and it fits nicely in there(still in the sock to keep it scratch free!).

Comment

I purchased a Scorpion EXO-1000 helmet, and it has the lever to drop down or retract the internal tinted visor. No need to carry 2 visors.
                          Life's not always beautiful, but it's a beautiful ride!! 94 Katana 600/750 and 99 Harley Electra-Glide

Comment

im confused

we talking visor or shield?

to me this is a visor
                            -Chris V.

Comment

Originally posted by ceeseven View Post
                              im confused
                              yes you are

www.SOARacing.ca

Comment

Working...