X

I blew a Banjo Bolt Washer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Malloc View Post
    ...it looks like its all wet on the oil line next to it at the bolt your talking about. i dread taking it all apart and undooing my oil filter as i just put in mobil sythetic.
    guess i better though....
    The banjo bolts sit above the oil level when the bike is parked flat or slightly up-hill with the engine off, so removing the bolt, replacing the crush washers and retorqueing it to spec isn't a mandatory oil-change...

Q: Are we putting in your Fumoto when I see you this week? Or were you going to wait until you're due for another oil change?

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

never never give these guys easy nicknames for ya .. you are so doomed ..
      so many roads so little time

Comment

Oh, SLICK, can you go back and change the thread title to "Oil Filter Didn't Blow" or "I blew a Banjo Bolt Washer" or "Just call me Slick" or some such?

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
          Oh, SLICK, can you go back and change the thread title to "Oil Filter Didn't Blow" or "I blew a Banjo Bolt Washer" or "Just call me Slick" or some such?

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet

Actually I can't! I just went and checked.
          -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
          -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

I sent steve a message about it and we'll see what he says... under the old KR software, you could always edit title if you were the thread starter...

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

The banjo bolts sit above the oil level when the bike is parked flat or slightly up-hill with the engine off
              Guess that's a 98+ thing , cause on the pre , the line goes into the oil pan , which when full of oil , has the level sitting above that line (thinking of the oil window in relation to that oil line) ...... I've taken that line off before , and oil came out quite a bit .
              I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

I sent steve a message about it and we'll see what he says... under the old KR software, you could always edit title if you were the thread starter...

Cheers,
                =-= The CyberPoet
                Vbulletin doesn't seem to allow users the option of editing the thread titles. It's not a setting that I even have an option to change. I'm going to look for a modification that allows users to do this.

In the mean time, you can always ask a staff member to change a thread title for you.
                -Steve

sigpic
                Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

Working...
                X