X

Synthetic Oil

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 87vert
    I want to try the mobil synthetic but havent been able to find any around.
    Try Super Walmart.

Cheers,
    =-= The CyberPoet
    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
      Originally posted by 87vert
      I want to try the mobil synthetic but havent been able to find any around.
      Try Super Walmart.

Cheers,
      =-= The CyberPoet
      they only have the car stuff and transmission fluid

I'll check another walmart though.

Comment

I got mine from autozone
        "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
        JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by KatanaSoldier
          I got mine from autozone
          dam, PA is like the biggest motorcycle state and none of the places carry it.

Havent checked carquest/napa yet.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet View Post
            Try Super Walmart.

Cheers,
            =-= The CyberPoet
            Or maybe try the Internet........................lol
            BONES HEAL ,CHICKS DIG SCARS ,PAIN IS TEMPPORARY AND GLORY IS FOREVER

Comment

Originally posted by wildphil69 View Post
              Does anyone run synthetic oil in their bike? Does it change clutch application at all?
              I would very much say yes to Synthetic on all air cooled bikes.

On my old GPz550 I used mobil1 15/50 and changed it every 25~30,000. miles! All my friends thought I was nuts but when the bike turned over 100,000. miles and still ran great, they changed there tune. I would lay the bike on its side and change the filter about every 5,000. miles, than top off with a 1/2 a quart of oil. At 130,000. miles, I retired the bike.
              Just for fun! me and some friends drained the oil, wired the throttle wide open
              and fired her up! The little engine ran for 11 mins than locked up solid.

Kawasaki made one tuff machine!!

Comment

redskins .. this thread died over a year ago .. and while it was pretty worthless back then .. its even more so being brought back to life now .. since nothing noteworthy has been added .. please look at the date of the last post before reviving things best left buried
                so many roads so little time

Comment

i run repsol semi-synthetic and have for 20k miles. Can't justify the added expense of the full syn, and heard, although just anecdotally, that the full syn. can cause clutch slippage. Not sure if this is true.
                  The secret to life, whether it's love or money, is knowing when to quit. Take it from me, I'm divorced and broke.

Comment

I dont bother using Snythetic oil cause it dont help with my old bike so I just stoped using it all together.

Comment

thats funny my dealer told me that syn. oil was't rec.in my 04 cat. and that i would be wasting my money
                      sigpic

Comment

Im using castrol r-4 rs full syn. Got it at cycle gear for $7.85 a qt. My rpms went up so i turned them down

Comment

Originally posted by joseph2027 View Post
                          thats funny my dealer told me that syn. oil was't rec.in my 04 cat. and that i would be wasting my money

I would to if my business was changing your oil. I could then convince you that using conventional oil, you need to change it more often...thus more business for me.

I run Mobil 1 Full Synthetic 15w 50. It's a non-energy conserving oil, and I've had zero issues....

Also it's like $22 for a gallon at Walmart.

Comment

I use synthetic, that's all I ever use...I also CS all of the time..
                            Synthetic is fine to use...no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by Guiness View Post
                              Any Canucks in here try the CTire Formula 1 oil? The one intended for motorcycles is called 'Premium ATV 4-Stroke'.

It specifically mentions wet clutch on the back, and the standards are:
                              API SL/SJ/SG & SF, and JASO MA specifications.

I'm inclined to use it, because I've always used their oils in my cars, and been happy with them.
                              Canadian tire oil is produced and bottled by Imperial oils ( Esso )
                              The Motomaster Formula 1 Motorcycle oil is the same as Esso 4T Gold
                              not bad of an oil....

even though ESSO and Mobil are a combined company the formulas are hugely different so i'm told
                              98 GSX750F
                              95 Honda VT600 vlx
                              08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

I read on the honda fourms the gold top mobil one is the same from a guy at mobil ... Its to be changed every 15,000 miles its the exteneded protection , gold top for cars but is the same as bike oil

Comment

Working...
                                X