Clear All

Go with Mobil 1 MX4T IMO
    Watch for your Guardian Angel
    750 '04 Kat (blue)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnbliYayzzy
      Originally posted by 87vert
      Originally posted by JohnbliYayzzy
      Last year I put BelRay Synthetic Motorcycle Specific Oil in, but it was like $12 a quart. This year I put Suzuki Synthetic in. Seems fine, the clutch is fine.
      how much did you pay for the suzuki synthetic? the local dealer had it for like 6.50 a quart, the other dealer was selling the regular suzuki stuff for the same price lol.
      It was about 6.50 a quart...
      That would be $26.00 a change.
      It's not speed that kills, it's the deceleration!

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

TXSBR.com Alais: TexasSportBiker

Comment

has anyone used repsol? If you buy 4 quarts you get a replica nicky haden repsol bike

None of the stores locally carry a wide selection. If repsol isnt good I'll just stick with suzuki syn.

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet
          Originally posted by nimblekat
          Has any one else used Mobil 1 synthetic 10w-40 motor oil & what kind of results did you have.
          Many of our riders use Mobil 1 MX4T (recently renamed Mobil 1 4T Racing) and Mobil 1 VTwin in hotter climates. None of them have ever complained -- including me when I've run it.
          DO NOT USE MOBIL 1 CAR OILS!

Cheers,
          =-= The CyberPoet
          That is what I meant was Mobil 1 4T Racing oil
          Thanks for your help!!!!!!!

Comment

Any Canucks in here try the CTire Formula 1 oil? The one intended for motorcycles is called 'Premium ATV 4-Stroke'.

It specifically mentions wet clutch on the back, and the standards are:
            API SL/SJ/SG & SF, and JASO MA specifications.

I'm inclined to use it, because I've always used their oils in my cars, and been happy with them.

Comment

Guiness, if it says JASO-MA rated, it'll work fine

Cheers,
              =-= The CyberPoet
              Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

if it says JASO-MA rated, it'll work fine
                Suzuki factory 10w-40. Enough said.

Experience is a hard teacher. She gives you the test first, and then teaches the lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
                  I've always wondered about that phrase, "Enough said".
                  Anyways...

You recommend "Suzuki" oil? Fine.
                  Who makes it?
                  93 1100....big kitty!

Check out the hook while my DJ revolves it...

Comment

Originally posted by Steveb
                    Originally posted by tnvatdreamland
                    I've always wondered about that phrase, "Enough said".
                    Anyways...

You recommend "Suzuki" oil? Fine.
                    Who makes it?
                    You know I couldn’t actually tell you who manufactures it for Suzuki. I'm sure Suzuki doesn’t have its very own refinery somewhere just cranking out motorcycle oil. But, I'm sure that C.P. would know or could find out pretty quick.

Comment

Mobil 1 V-twin in mine now because I couldn't find the MX4T. Feels fine and with over 20,000 miles on synthetic oils--no problems as of this date. Still original clutch and just replaced the chain and sprockets. Just don't use car oils... 29,1++ miles and counting.
                      Horn broken--watch for finger....

Comment

I just recent changed from Mobil's MX-4T (after two oil changes) to Castrol Superbike R4. I did notice a positive influence in shifting but, more specifically, horsepower.

My Kat seems to accelerate better from the 3K-7K band with the R4 vs. MX-4T (I never tried Mobil's Racing 4T, which is supposed to be the exact same formulation according to my sources).

I think I paid somewhere near $9/qt. for the R4 (5W-40).

Comment

I've been using valvoline http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...asp?product=76 In my goldwing since it was only about $4 something a quart and its been great, no clutch slippage and got rid of the thunk when shifting even in the 100 degree heat of Albq. Been using it since 2001 since its readily available. I've got Suzuki oil in the katana now...but might switch this afternoon since the katana seems to make noise when shifting in 90 degree heat...
                          "So scared of getting older, I'm only good at being young"

Comment

Originally posted by madkatana
                            I've been using valvoline http://www.valvoline.com/pages/produ...asp?product=76 In my goldwing since it was only about $4 something a quart and its been great, no clutch slippage and got rid of the thunk when shifting even in the 100 degree heat of Albq. Been using it since 2001 since its readily available. I've got Suzuki oil in the katana now...but might switch this afternoon since the katana seems to make noise when shifting in 90 degree heat...

I had that problem with the regular suzuki stuff but with the "racing" synthetic it shifts smoooth

Comment

Originally posted by nimblekat
                              Has any one else used Mobil 1 synthetic 10w-40 motor oil & what kind of results did you have.
                              Many of our riders use Mobil 1 MX4T (recently renamed Mobil 1 4T Racing) and Mobil 1 VTwin in hotter climates. None of them have ever complained -- including me when I've run it.

Cheers,
                              =-= The CyberPoet

I changed the oil and filter this evening and finally switched to the Mobil synthetic oil I have been wanting to put it. I was telling theusualsuspect after test riding it, it shifts way smoother now! I will run this stuff for about 2,000 miles and see how it does. Tomorrow the group ride will be a nice test.
                              "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
                              JOHN 16:33

Comment

I want to try the mobil synthetic but havent been able to find any around.

Comment

Working...
                                X