No announcement yet.
X

Speaking of stupid ricers ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I drive a stock 97 Civic.. I saw a guy with the same year/model as mine and TORE OFF the stock spoiler and threw up this god awful wing that was tall enough to be level with the car roof.

I walked by him one day and asked "Where are the flaps?" and "Is this a fixed wing aircraft or is the landing gear retractable?".. I don't think he understood my line of questioning at all..
    The only reason I get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

My kitchen is Burgandy. I don't apologize.

Comment

Originally posted by HS2020

The other thing I find funny is the people that take the older cars and put 20 inch rims and tires on them. They sit like tiwce the orginal height and they still lay down in the seat to where they can not see over the steering wheel. The sad thing is they keep the stock brakes and calipers. This does not give them the same stopping power has when they they had the stock rim size on the cage. Now they are some squids in cages.
      Around Orlando area they are using 27" rims and low profile tyres on 1980's barges (old and new style Crown Vic, Chevy's etc)
      Have about 18" to 20" ground clearance.
      Forget about imports, these look really stupid
      PJ
      I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it.
      There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

Comment

When I was younger it was minitrucks instead of compact cars. I had a 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max that was lowered 4 inches with a ground effects and a convertible top kit. Rolled on 15x8 rear and 15x7 front rims with 50 series tires... but I never considered it anything but a cruising machine... no fast and furious for sure!

Hey, found an old grainy picture of her back in the day... monochrome theme - bumpers, mirrors, grille, door handles, and lights and signal trim all in the body color.
        Attached Files
        Sold: 2001 Katana 600
        Bought: 2007 Kawasaki Z1000

Still waiting for my Braada Cowl... 62 weeks and counting... I'm told it will be worth the wait...

Comment

I thought if you watched the fast and the furious, slapped some stickers on your car with a glasspack, you were qualified to be a cool racer?
          "I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world."
          JOHN 16:33

Comment

Originally posted by Black Sheep
            I had a 1988 Mitsubishi Mighty Max that was lowered 4 inches with a ground effects and a convertible top kit. Rolled on 15x8 rear and 15x7 front rims with 50 series tires... but I never considered it anything but a cruising machine... no fast and furious for sure!
            That's like the exact opposite of every truck I've ever owned... Currently I've got an '87 Ranger longbed with a 6-inch lift and 31x10.50R16s and enough power to light up all 4 tires 8)

What can I say? My first car was an '87 F-350 4x4 with a 460... I like big, loud and fast
            Two goldfish were in their tank.
            One turns to the other and says,
            "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Originally posted by Koori25
              I drive a stock 97 Civic.. I saw a guy with the same year/model as mine and TORE OFF the stock spoiler and threw up this god awful wing that was tall enough to be level with the car roof.

I walked by him one day and asked "Where are the flaps?" and "Is this a fixed wing aircraft or is the landing gear retractable?".. I don't think he understood my line of questioning at all..
              You resurrected a 2.5 year-old post!
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

man I hate them fuckers, when I go somewher I always take 4 spots way at end of parking lot when I come out there is always a neon or taurus, or honduh parked right next to me like he's cool cuz he's next to a poopra, fuckers

Comment

yeah put a wing on a fwd car anyways it dond help

Comment

Originally posted by nosupra4u
                    It does if you have a proper (and properly setup) front spoiler. You need to have the majority of the downforce at the front, and the rear spoiler will provide a large amount of stability at high speeds...

not that any of these guys would have any clue about any of that, spoilers aren't going to do much below 80, and you know their cars usually can't even get above 90mph.
                    Two goldfish were in their tank.
                    One turns to the other and says,
                    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Originally posted by nosupra4u
                      On track, it actually does make a difference, but most of the ones out there are strictly cosmetic. My SRT-4 for example, needs the big wing. Without it on track the back end was very loose, and with it, the back end was still a little loose, but not nearly as bad. And yes, the high speed sweepers were where it made the difference, below ~50 it was just added weight.
                      Pics
                      Pics
                      No pics yet
                      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

Re

I just think anyone who takes a 4 cyl fwd engine car dumps thousands of dollars into thinking it is gonna make it something special should be declared leagally insane.

Come on get for real you drive a Honda Civic Toyota Celica or any of these $7000 after rebate cars and then drop 10K into them to make them what a 4 cyl front wheel drive MONEY PITS!

90 % never hit a race track the other 10% hit the track blow a engine or worse some stupid kid wrecks them kills someone else.

It is a just ignorant they mod out a car to point they are dangerous. Most are done by someone who thinks he is a mechanic and knows what he is doing.

Err I just hate the whole freakn idea of these cars on the road errr

Comment

I like big breasts...that is all
                          Rock out with your knee out

FREE utilities for your PC

Comment

Re: Re

Originally posted by JacknGulfport
                            I just think anyone who takes a 4 cyl fwd engine car dumps thousands of dollars into thinking it is gonna make it something special should be declared leagally insane.

Come on get for real you drive a Honda Civic Toyota Celica or any of these $7000 after rebate cars and then drop 10K into them to make them what a 4 cyl front wheel drive MONEY PITS!

90 % never hit a race track the other 10% hit the track blow a engine or worse some stupid kid wrecks them kills someone else.

It is a just ignorant they mod out a car to point they are dangerous. Most are done by someone who thinks he is a mechanic and knows what he is doing.

Err I just hate the whole freakn idea of these cars on the road errr
                            Couldn't we say pretty much the same thing about the squids? I'm not justifying it because I will sure as hell point and laugh, but car people aren't completely alone.
                            Pics
                            Pics
                            No pics yet
                            Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

I'm not big on ricers, but the reason people put money into them is usually because A) they have the money to do it and B) So that they can take it to shows, and look cool.

I'm sure ricers say the same thing about us motorcycle peeps, "Look at that idiot, he put a $2k paint job on that bike and chromed it out and hes probably gonna drop it and ruin all that money..."

When I refer to ricers I mean a car that can/is ment to be modded, not a Ford Focus, or Neon that is ment to be an eco family car.
                              Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Originally posted by bubba
                                Ford Focus, or Neon that is ment to be an eco family car.
                                Damn, now it is starting to get personal.

Not mine, but I did get my comp license in it and was a codriver:

Can't find any pics of my focus off hand but it did pass many a Porker and Vodge Diper. I would go ahead and through the CRX in the mix too just to beat you to the punch, but I can't find any pics of it either.
                                Pics
                                Pics
                                No pics yet

Comment

Working...
                                X