No announcement yet.
X

Speaking of stupid ricers ...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you put money into anything, anything can be fast.

I was following a sexy little sleeper Neon a week or so ago. It was obviously worked over but very non-descript on the outside, all the decals removed, black on black, nice black rims, racing seats that looked factory (but weren't).

All very nice, fast as hell too. Had a dual exhaust, no coffee can tips, with a deep rumble but not too loud, the engine was defiantly tuned well, just a nice package all the way around.
    Two goldfish were in their tank.
    One turns to the other and says,
    "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

Originally posted by Mark3748
      I was following a sexy little sleeper Neon a week or so ago. It was obviously worked over but very non-descript on the outside, all the decals removed, black on black, nice black rims, racing seats that looked factory (but weren't).

All very nice, fast as hell too. Had a dual exhaust, no coffee can tips, with a deep rumble but not too loud, the engine was defiantly tuned well, just a nice package all the way around.
      Congrats on describing the SRT-4 -wing +wheels. In stock form they can turn the 1/4 in under 14. With Mopar parts (Stage 3r) on pump gas capable of 310bhp and 325lbft (on 100 octane 355/365.) So yeah they can be stupid fast.
      Pics
      Pics
      No pics yet
      Just because they sound the same doesn't mean they are: there≠their≠they're; to≠too≠two; its≠it's; your≠you're; know≠no; brake≠break

Comment

A name and shame website for crap chav cars. Upload and vote on photos of crap cars to tell the chavs 'Your Car Is Shit!
        "they haven't made a motorcycle in oh 35yrs where you can turn the head light off Confused"

burger?

Comment

Originally posted by thetable
          Congrats on describing the SRT-4 -wing +wheels. In stock form they can turn the 1/4 in under 14. With Mopar parts (Stage 3r) on pump gas capable of 310bhp and 325lbft (on 100 octane 355/365.) So yeah they can be stupid fast.
          More like the SRT-4 minus the SRT-4... considering it was an NA Neon with the standard front and rear fascia, no wing or side skirts, and no hood scoop. The seats were also not factory, as the interior was slate gray, and they were black. Oh, and they had Simpson Racing logos on them.
          Two goldfish were in their tank.
          One turns to the other and says,
          "You man the guns, I'll drive."

Comment

I don't care what they put under the hood. Even if they can put a Veyron engine in it and smoke a f'n R1 , it's still a POS neon.
            =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Originally posted by Nero
              I don't care what they put under the hood. Even if they can put a Veyron engine in it and smoke a f'n R1 , it's still a POS neon.
              Thats exactly what I was thinking...
              Jealousy Is Natural

Comment

Re

The pic above of the Ford Focus says it all.

Lmao a Focus nuff said a pic is woth a thousand words.

Comment

A car doesn't have to cost $50k or generate gobs of HP to be fast on a road course or autocross.

In an autocross or road course it is mostly about handling and the driver. So, when you take a "POS Neon" as you put it, and do a little suspension work and outdrive guys in $50k cars, yes, it is satisfying!

Not to mention that this is the only way some people can afford to get involved in car racing.

I think there is a distinct difference in the Posers that put the 5" exhaust tips and 3' tall aluminum wings on stock compact cars (AKA ass-clowns) and people who modify and race compact cars.

Some people are just prejudiced against all small compact cars that aren't bone stock (just like some people hate all sport bikes).

I seem to recall that there are quite a few people that look down on Katanas just because they are Katanas. Hmmm.....sounds kind of similar.
                  -2005 Katana GSX750F ***SOLD***
                  -2006 Kawasaki ZX-6R

RideGear.com (I keep shooting, but they won't DIE!)

Comment

All that pent up aggression
                    Makes you wonder if there is some sort of compensation going on? (penis envy)
                    If it ain't a big block Chevy its a POS?
                    (I have seen pictures of a big block in a Chevette though, and a FIAT 500 with a small block)
                    PJ
                    I'm not a complete idiot, but I'm working on it.
                    There are three types of people in the world, those who can count and those who can't

Comment

I'm not hating on racing small cars so stop reading all that BS out of the simple statement I made.

My 'pent-up aggression' (and the reason I called a neon a POS) has nothing to do with racing them or 'penis envy' as you put it. I actually owned one of them. After 5 brake failures, having the lights go out, dashboard go out, gas guage stop working, suspension problems, two head gasket failures and the focking paint peel off the car (all within 3 years of buying the focking thing from the dealership), I couldn't wait to unload the POS...So as a former Neon owner, I feel adequately qualified to call them a Piece of Shiate.

And my characterization of Neons doesn't come from just my own experience...It comes from the fact that every independent/objective consumer automobile rater says that, not only do they not hold up well, but that their value sinks faster than a lead-weighted Jimmy Hoffa. -Which makes it real hard to unload the POS when you want to get into a real car.

Go race your little cars all you want. I could care less, but I'd stay away from a Neon.
                      =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

Re

'penis envy'

Ya Ya Ya

I love it when people use this expression, I envy nothing about this "fad"
                        And trust me like someone pointed out this goes on every generation
                        Lowrider trucks before this trend the pimping out of 4cyl go-carts now the Chevy Caprice's on 26's its all trends fads whatever.

Basically its nonsense " Man my buddy tricked out a Neon, I think Im trick out my Yugo"

I just look when I see one these pull up to see if a load of clowns escaped from the circus.

Hell Im call Xzibit see if he can pimp my riding mower out so I can hang with you guys!

Comment

Working...
                        X