X
X

Concealed Handguns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I'm joining this late, but I will address the original question and add a couple of comments.

If it were me, I would have someone build an aluminum box with a lock that I could bolt under the seat. Line it with neoprene to protect the old "Iron".

I am a gun owner. I obviously do not live in a CCW state, but I have.

People who make up their own rules of those that "should be allowed to carry are very ill informed"

If you want it clear, here is a rough idea who I think should own a gun:

1) any individual who lives/works in a high crime area.
    PEOLE THAT LIVE IN HIGH CRIME AREAS ALREADY OWN GUNS. ILLEGAL ONES, THAT"S WHY THEY ARE HIGH CRIME AREAS.

2) any individual who lives in a moderately hight crime area with a family to protect, and the gun should stay in the home.
    OBVIOUSLY, WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE? WHAT IS "MODERATE"?

3) any individual who wishes to own a gun as a collectors item, to hunt with, or just wants to have fun shooting off a few rounds at the target range.
    OK

now who shouldn't own a gun:

1) anyone with any mental instability or emotional stress. (I have seen these people....they make me nervous to say the least)
    YOU CAN"T GET A PERMIT TO CARRY IF YOU ARE DIAGNOSED

2) anyone who got biatch slapped in a good old street fight. sorry, but getting your pride bruised is not life threatening. take it like a man and learn to fight. don't hide behind a gun.
    LEARN TO FIGHT? THE ONLY THING THAT GETS YOU IS BRUTILIZED BY THE BIGGER GUY THAT LEARNED HOW TO FIGHT. JUST WHAT SHOULD MY WIFE DO?

3) pretty much anyone under the age of 24-25 yrs old who carries for "protection". sorry, but I just don't feel you are mature enough at this point. Especially if you hang around with a click that keeps the testostorone (spelling) levels elevated in your system. Of course there are exception to this rule....such as being raised around guns and have been taught by someone with experience how to be responsible, and those who own for hunting or sport.
    I KNOW OF PLENTY OF 24 YEAR OLDS THAT ACT MORE MATURE THAN SOME 50 YEAR OLDS. AGE IS NOT A FACTOR

4) Fanatics of any kind. and by this I mean anyone who has a closet full of soldier of fortune magazines, and are one step away of joining a malitia. you know...the ones who are more impessed by how lee harvey oswald could pull off a shot like that at a moving target, then by seeing how tragic and senseless the act was. these are the nutjobs who will shoot you dead if your car breaks down and you only come on their property to ask to use a phone cuz they think everyone works for the CIA. The funny thing about some of these folks is that they don't have much to protect except their 267 guns, a few chickens and a 10ft satelitte dish.
    HOW ABOUT STAMP COLLECTING?

ANYONE who passes the already established criteria should be eligible
    "Ignoring the facts does not mean that they cease to exist"

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe

June 7, 2006

2) any individual who lives in a moderately hight crime area with a family to protect, and the gun should stay in the home.

3) any individual who wishes to own a gun as a collectors item, to hunt with, or just wants to have fun shooting off a few rounds at the target range.

1) anyone with any mental instability or emotional stress. (I have seen these people....they make me nervous to say the least)

2) anyone who got biatch slapped in a good old street fight. sorry, but getting your pride bruised is not life threatening. take it like a man and learn to fight. don't hide behind a gun.

3) pretty much anyone under the age of 24-25 yrs old who carries for "protection". sorry, but I just don't feel you are mature enough at this point. Especially if you hang around with a click that keeps the testostorone (spelling) levels elevated in your system. Of course there are exception to this rule....such as being raised around guns and have been taught by someone with experience how to be responsible, and those who own for hunting or sport.

4) Fanatics of any kind. and by this I mean anyone who has a closet full of soldier of fortune magazines, and are one step away of joining a malitia. you know...the ones who are more impessed by how lee harvey oswald could pull off a shot like that at a moving target, then by seeing how tragic and senseless the act was. these are the nutjobs who will shoot you dead if your car breaks down and you only come on their property to ask to use a phone cuz they think everyone works for the CIA. The funny thing about some of these folks is that they don't have much to protect except their 267 guns, a few chickens and a 10ft satelitte dish.
      Originally posted by Omegaman

June 8, 2006

PEOLE THAT LIVE IN HIGH CRIME AREAS ALREADY OWN GUNS. ILLEGAL ONES, THAT"S WHY THEY ARE HIGH CRIME AREAS.

OBVIOUSLY, WHERE DO WE DRAW THE LINE? WHAT IS "MODERATE"?

OK

YOU CAN"T GET A PERMIT TO CARRY IF YOU ARE DIAGNOSED

LEARN TO FIGHT? THE ONLY THING THAT GETS YOU IS BRUTILIZED BY THE BIGGER GUY THAT LEARNED HOW TO FIGHT. JUST WHAT SHOULD MY WIFE DO?

I KNOW OF PLENTY OF 24 YEAR OLDS THAT ACT MORE MATURE THAN SOME 50 YEAR OLDS. AGE IS NOT A FACTOR

HOW ABOUT STAMP COLLECTING?

ANYONE who passes the already established criteria should be eligible
      Uhhh... Ummm... Mojoe, are you using two different screenames? I'm getting a serious case of Deja Vu. Dammit, there must be a glitch in the Matrix! Gotta go check the exits
      ****** WAS...Ma Ma Ma My Katana ******

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

EDIT: Double Post. Damn Matrix

Si hoc signum legere potes, operis boni in rebus Latinus alacribus et fructuosis potiri potes.

Comment

YellowCat,

I found Mojoes remarks typical of the uniformed and particularly disturbing so I answered each in caps below the original statement rather than pasting each one by one.

My point is, You already need to jump through hoops to get a carry permit, prove you are mentally stable and state your reason for carrying.

If anyone needs further justification for being LEGALLY armed, just look at the number of REPEAT offenders that beat, rape, maul and kill our Mothers, daughters and loved ones. Out on bail, repeat sex offenders, felony after felony.

Do you think they are committing these acts with a legally registered handgun? Do you think they have a permit to carry concealed? NO.

Do you think the gun little johnny shot his freind with by accident is a legally registered firearm? More than likely not. Most of the time (NOT all of the time) it happens in a drug dealer environment. More kids drown in the backyard swimming pools, but I don't see legislation to ban them.

I find it amazing that some are so accepting that "if they are only going to steal the bike, that's OK, as long as they don't mean bodily harm"

That is BS! They should be shot also. What gives them the right? WE (the law abiding community) should not be sitting around contemplating whether stealing something is worth the loss of the life, THEY (the criminals) should!!

Felons can't purchase a handgun legally.
          Mentally impaired citizens can't get a permit to carry.
          Age restrictions already exist for firearms purchase.

If you want to get guns off the street, it is simple. Pass this law:
          Commit a violent crime with an unregistered firearm or buy/sell an unregistered firearm and you get an automatic 20 years in prison. No porole. No early release.

That protects those of us who live life legally and punishes those who buy, sell and commit crimes with an unregistered weapon.

You SHOULD be able to lock your gun under the seat of your bike and not worry about someone taking it. The very fact that we need to have the discussion in the first place shows that those who wish to, and can legally do so, should be able to carry.

You can't buy a gun in Britain (well unless you are rich) so there should be no shootings, right? Check the stats. There are plenty of murders by firearm. London's murder rate is also equivelant to a U.S. city of the same size. They find a way.

Aluminum box with a seperate lock blind bolted to frame under seat.

Carl-

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

EDIT:

I decided to remove my reply to Omega's comment cuz I just don't feel it is worth replying to. this controversial topic doesn't even belong on here, imho, but it is a free world and you can all discuss until you turn blue in the face. so I am going to look at this as my chance to practice self control and just nod my head in bewilderment at what I read concerning it....instead of knocking heads with views so different that we will never understand each other on the subject. I regret having gotten into it in the first place, and will not jump back into it.
            I don't have a short temper. I just have a quick reaction to bullshit.

Comment

Sorry, I guess it's my fault, although I didn't venture into the should / should not be allowed to own firearms debate at all.

I guess I accidentally revived the discussion because I thought Omegaman had the same views you had - it looked like an exact repost of what you had written because your comments weren't referenced by Omegaman so it was weird. I missed the short "rebuttles" he included.

I tried to keep this about the bike all along. You can check my posts.

As I said earlier, I wouldn't feel comfortable leaving the firearm locked in a bike or a car. If I'm gonna carry a weapon, I'd like to have it under my control at all times. I don't lock it in my car. I don't lock it in my bike.

Only other thing I suggested was the possible mounting of a lockbox somewhere on the bike, although I'd still be uncomfortable stowing it there. I mean, two guys of average strength can pick the bike up and throw it in a trailer - I don't want them to have my firearm too.

CPs idea of dismantling the firearm (removal of slide and clip) is probably the best idea, but since you can't show the firearm openly in TX you'd have to find a place to take it apart in private. Besides, carrying the disabled firearm may not be legal either. Would have to look carefully at TX law regarding that issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat
                Sorry, I guess it's my fault, although I didn't venture into the should / should not be allowed to own firearms debate at all.
                no way dude...don't think like that. It is no one's fault. You didn't post anything about gun control and all that crap. it is just one of those topics with such diverse beliefs that folks on the other side of the tracks automatically think "wtf do you need a gun on a bike for".....and then it explodes from there.

Comment

If I am out of line, please feel free to delete my posts.

Just one mans opinion and I respect all others as well.

Carl-

-Aldous Huxley

Comment

I'm with Omegaman!

Comment

Originally posted by yardbird
                      I'm with Omegaman!
                      +1 to that.

I am sorry I even got into it. It had nothing to do with the politics of guns, and the post went wayyyy off topic. Feel free to delete mine as well.
                      I actually wish I had a gun now. I would go hunt down that bitch mother nature and give her an anal probe with the barrel. She hasn't stopped dumping rain on us, and by the looks of it, she has no intentions of stopping. I am getting ready to build an ark.

Comment

You know me -- stickler for details

More kids drown in the backyard swimming pools, but I don't see legislation to ban them.
                        Actually, there are laws in Florida (or parts of Florida, including my own) stating that pool owners must provide barriers to keep children from being able to wander into an unmonitored pool (irrelevant of whether full or empty, covered or uncovered). For most people, a fence around the yard or a screened enclosure is sufficient to comply with the law, but they do make installable barriers for the pool itself as well -- specifically for compliance with this law -- and now some firms are starting to offer roladen-style hard barriers for the pool itself (which can be walked on by a child without damages).

Cheers,
                        =-= The CyberPoet
                        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by The CyberPoet

More kids drown in the backyard swimming pools, but I don't see legislation to ban them.
                          Actually, there are laws in Florida (or parts of Florida, including my own) stating that pool owners must provide barriers to keep children from being able to wander into an unmonitored pool (irrelevant of whether full or empty, covered or uncovered). For most people, a fence around the yard or a screened enclosure is sufficient to comply with the law, but they do make installable barriers for the pool itself as well -- specifically for compliance with this law -- and now some firms are starting to offer roladen-style hard barriers for the pool itself (which can be walked on by a child without damages).

Cheers,
                          =-= The CyberPoet
                          I can't remember the numbers, but when the insurance company came to inspect my pool, the agent mentioned something about just as many kids drowning in pools with covers.....and more dogs drowning that if it wasn't covered. The soft cover gives the impression of a hard surface....and they try to wander out onto it.....effectively getting tangled up in the cover as they sink....and ultimately drown.

Comment

Cheers,
                            =-= The CyberPoet
                            OK CP, gotta bust you on this one. Your info about pool enclosures is, of course, correct. Actually, the rules are particularly tough down here. Now, if building a pool, even if you have an enclosure (fence, screen) around your yard, you also have to have a child fence installed around the pool itself.

Anyway, I digress. Omegaman said there was no legislation to ban backyard swimming pools and he's correct. He didn't say anything about a lack of legislation to protect kids from drowning in backyard swimming pools. You addressed a detail he didn't refer to.

Scorecard:

Yellow=1 CP=1,478

Comment

Originally posted by Mojoe
                              I can't remember the numbers, but when the insurance company came to inspect my pool, the agent mentioned something about just as many kids drowning in pools with covers.....and more dogs drowning that if it wasn't covered. The soft cover gives the impression of a hard surface....and they try to wander out onto it.....effectively getting tangled up in the cover as they sink....and ultimately drown.
                              Yeah, that's terrible. It like getting thrown into a pool wrapped in a plastic bag. More than likely you're not gonna make it out. Those types of covers are really made for when swimming is out of season so you're supposed to empty your pool before putting that type of cover on. Obviously, not everyone follows that rule...

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow2002Kat

Cheers,
                                =-= The CyberPoet
                                OK CP, gotta bust you on this one. Your info about pool enclosures is, of course, correct. Actually, the rules are particularly tough down here. Now, if building a pool, even if you have an enclosure (fence, screen) around your yard, you also have to have a child fence installed around the pool itself.

Anyway, I digress. Omegaman said there was no legislation to ban backyard swimming pools and he's correct. He didn't say anything about a lack of legislation to protect kids from drowning in backyard swimming pools. You addressed a detail he didn't refer to.

Scorecard:

Yellow=1 CP=1,478

same here in AZ even if you have a main fenced around your yard you still need a seperate pool fence with gate that closes/locks automatically.

i think more kids drown here than anywhere else. theres a pool in almost every yard it seems.
                                03 katanika

Comment

Working...
                                X