No announcement yet.
X

My 1st carb rebuild, so ... ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used a piece of steel wire as a feeler gauge to bench sync. The wire is basically the same as the twisty tie wire that keeps your loaf bread closed. You can tear ,or burn off the paper/plastic sheath to expose the center steel wire from your sandwich bread bag. For some reason I just thought it should have more adjustment.
    I guess I'm done with this thread since the carbs seem done. If I have any more questions it will be about removing air pockets from my mercury manometer or some thing. I'll just start a new thread if I can't figure that out.
    THANKS GUYS !
    EDIT: Once I mounted the carbs on the bike I noticed the new adjuster is hard to access. If I had a stock air box instead of pod filters I would have to remove the air box to turn the screw. Then the alternator is sort of in the way making access more difficult (its just beneath the adjuster). Also, it would be really difficult to turn it from the side of the engine while its hot. Just wanted you all to know this before you go out and buy one.
    Last edited by katanarider; 05-23-2016, 08:43 PM.
    My Katana-1100 17" wheel swap
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=136894

Comment

Working...
    X