X

Why in the Heck would Suzuki do that?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cameron View Post
    ...i would have gotten a gsx650f if it had more cc,plain and simple like 1250
    Okay, now the nonsensical statements have reached a new low:

1. A GSX650F with 1250 cc's would no longer be, or be called, a GSX650, and;

2. Such a bike already exist. It is called (DUH!) a GSX1250F (or something very close to that) in Europe, and the Bandit 1250 here.

So, GO GET ONE.
    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

Originally posted by cameron View Post
      i want another katana 750 and cant wait to find one for cheap. and i would have gotten a gsx650f if it had more cc,plain and simple like 1250
      I'm thinking I may get one as well.

The bike I'd really like to get, looks like it may be hard to find!

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...sz_se%2005.htm

Comment

Everyone is going on about HP-peak and torque-peak matching. What they're overlooking is how that torque builds up in the mid-range (where it really starts, how it changes over RPM); the torque of the GSX650F is a much smoother curve than the 98-06 Kats ever were (in part because of better fuel-mapping permissible by the injectors).

Originally posted by GSXfs600 View Post
        The bike I'd really like to get, looks like it may be hard to find!

http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/mod...sz_se%2005.htm
        Take an SV1k, add optional lowers and paint. Done.

Cheers,
        =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
        CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
        The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
        Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
          With all due respect, the best, most positive thing I can think of to say to that, is...

SO WHAT?

A Katana is a Bandit is a GSXF is a GSXF is a Bandit is a Katana, give or take a little plastic.

Get over it.
          My sentiments exactly... The only thing that differentiates the two is the "F" in the name.

Take a Spin With The KR Mascot...
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdjHBFbMAWE

Comment

Originally posted by StevieB View Post
            With all due respect, the best, most positive thing I can think of to say to that, is...

SO WHAT?
            So that's why it's not named a Katana. Because it's not and has nothing to do with one. I'm not downing the Bandit, slow your roll Stevie.
            90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
            I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
            Originally posted by soulless kaos
            but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by scottynoface View Post
              slow your roll Stevie.
              he misses his tree

Comment

Originally posted by STULER View Post
                THE kan-a-tuna name was not very appealing. however, i like being able to ride my bike more than 50 miles without having my wrists feel like their gonnna fall off
                I agree! The seat and handles on my Katana are great for riding for hours. I was talking to someone with a R1 the other day and told me hardly rides for more then an hour before the seat and bars create the dis-enjoyment of riding. The only way I could see riding a higher cc bike would be a Hayabusa or a ZX-14.

Comment

Not know whats gone on here guys with all this its a katana or only a bandit stuff has anyone looked at & compared the specs of either 600 ?????

Another thing. sorry fellas but being an old type of biker rather than a motorcyclist & as much as i like them, none of oil cooled bikes deserve the name KATANA anymore than that silly little scooter does, it goes against the original target design concept
                  Renthals & twin spots do not make a streetfighter !

Comment

Originally posted by arsenic View Post
                    he misses his tree
                    "Stevie B" Boudreaux

I ride: '01 Triumph Sprint ST

Projects: Honda CB650 Bobber projects I, II and III

Take care of: 81 Honda CM400,72 Suzuki GT550

Watch over/advise on: 84 Honda Nighthawk 700S (now my son's bike)

For sale, or soon to be: 89 Katana 1100, 84 Honda V45 Magna, 95 Yamaha SECA II, 99 GSXR600, 95 ZX-6, 84 Kaw. KZ700, 01 Bandit 1200, 74 CB360.

Comment

I will say this: if Suzi plans on a 900cc+ version...I'm THERE!

Nuff said.

olds_cool63

DON'T BE A SQUIDIOT!

Comment

I'm guessing that the questions were rhetorical.

Why ask why?
                        Living truly is truly living

Comment

Working...
                        X