X

anyone here own one yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Human Potato View Post
    Yeah but the point is that the GSX650F is considered the replacement for the Katana (and is called a katana in some places), and hence this being the natural place for it to be discussed. Having said that, I believe the 650F is basically a Bandit 650 in a full fairing, so I am hoping the Bandit Alley forum picks it up as they have a greater depth of technical knowledge and experience than this forum (not to mention being friendly to anyone, regardless of thier bike model).
    Its good to see some other 650F owners posting here though, I look forward to us finding a place of our own, wherever it ends up being. I am about to book mine in for it's first service and I am well and truly letting forward to letting her rip on the ride home from that !

know how you feel, the first couple of weeks keeping it under 6000 rpm was bloody hard work, but the bike sure came alive after the 500th mile was notched up

Comment

I just logged 1300 miles on my 650f it is not as heavy feeling as the prior 750 and gets better gas mileage as i commute 40 plus miles daily to work. the engine runs smooth and i get lots of positive comments on its looks. it does haul *** real well but i dont think it has the power the 750 is capable of grinding out! it seems lower to the ground than the 750 and i like the gear indicator lcd function, i find it helpful, i liked the 750 but kept encountering electrical problems that the shop couldnt seem to put a finger on, i would just stop running after it got good and hot, and at the most inconvenent locations (steep graded mountatin roads) so far the 650 is hot, responsive ,easer to handle, but again not as much power as its big brother, for me it also orovides better milage which was the main reason i switched styles! response and question are welcome! ride as if it is your last as we are not promised tomorr0w!!!!!!!

Comment

so whats the price you payed for the 650? i was looking at getting a ninja 650 but the gsxf has more to offer from what i can see.....

Comment

sorry guys i thay dont realy like it, i think its a cheap version of the gsxR.

i hope i dont offend anyone.

Comment

nope i don't

Comment

Got it (leftover '08 blue/white) 4 days ago, removed the sticker from the tank, ordered lowering links and mirror extenders, prolly get a Sargent seat for it someday. Loving it.

Happy riding,
              Kirk
              Living truly is truly living

Comment

Had mine a little over 2 months now, got the 08 slightly used, just out of breaking in period. Already loved close to 1800 2000 ish. My truck is covered in cob webs and bird poo. Gotta say, it handles wet weather rather well. Only disapointments are the seat and that I travel a bit, any bags I could find for it ( corbin had some nice bags but Im not paying an unborn child and a kidney for one) expencive or should be on a harley. over all, i like it. Took me a few to get use to it, now I use it as my main transportation.

Comment

Working...
                X