No announcement yet.
X

anyone here own one yet

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw one riding around this area yesterday afternoon, a chick was riding it. It's a nice lookin bike and Suzuki did well to get back into the entry level sportbike arena again IMO.

Comment

I like the looks of this bike, but I dont think I want one personally. I was at the dealership yesterday looking at a new GSXR1000 and the sales lady told me that the 650 was the Gixxer750 replacement. I was totally shocked to hear this. I could hardly hold in the laughter. I hope to find out about the 1000 monday though.
      sigpic93 Katana
      98+ Rear Wheel 170/60/17 47 tooth Rear Sprocket
      Vance and Hines SS2R Custom Airbrushing

03 Alstare 600
      Salvaged title (lol)

Comment

intersting opinion on vid...
        Suzuki's new GSX650F is a great all-rounder, temptingly cheap and has enough pizazz to make a fun, useable sports bike - but is it good enough to tempt an R6...

Comment

Originally posted by Sandman View Post
          Those Europeans talk funny...

Comment

oy. 650 looks nice i wouldnt mind picking one up, too bad i have my hear set on a new sv650

Comment

08 650 Gsxf

I picked one up a couple weeks ago, where has this bike been all my life! I ran through the first 500 miles in 5 days. Looking forward to the weekend!
              2 wheels or walk!

Comment

Originally posted by Streaker View Post
                I've got one but every time someone posts about it or puts up a pic they get shot down around here. Seems like the only reason the GSXF section is here is so everyone can figure out what they dislike about it.
                Def not very many owners but with the welcome they get here I doubt they stop here long.
                That goes for any bike that's not a 'Katana' in here (Go figure, the name's 'KatRiders'). Grow thick skin and shrug it off...:mrgreen:
                =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

I've got one -- love it! No mods (yet) just been too busy riding.

I rode a Kat 750 down the freeway a time or two, felt good, and might have more hi-end speed -- I only got it up to 120mph. The 650 gsxf really has the power in the low and mid-range that I like. I haven't hit 90mph yet on the 650, so I'll let you know when I get a chance to open it up.
                  2 wheels or walk!

Comment

Originally posted by Rodimus View Post
                    oooook, the salesman didn't say shiate about that but then again for that go blow 120 on swingarm poppers and grab a pit stand and spend the other 40 bucks to restock the beer fridge full of MGD
                    The advantage of a bolt-on centerstand is that it goes with you -- everywhere.

Oh, and the press materials claim it's lighter than a 98-06 Kat when wet (fully loaded with fuel/oil)... I'm sure the smaller gas tank capacity plays into it

Cheers,
                    =-= The CyberPoet
                    Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

HEHE good point there CP. Now all we need some a control experiment to test this theory.
                      sigpic
                      Update Jul 11 2014
                      Done finally road worthy, Huge difference in looks compare to the pic in my SIG. Will update everything soon.

Comment

Have had the new gsxf650 for about two months now after trading in my un modded 02 gsxf600 Katana, and as much as i loved the old un (and had a older gsxf400 years before), this new one a much better bike in every way. The only down side is the sitting position which is a little to up right at high speeds but its a little moan about a bike that does every thing so well. If your going to test ride one get them to let you keep it for a day or two as after the kat the front end does seem a bit light but when you grow a customed to the slimmed down dials, and less bulky feel you'll love it. it may not have anthing in common with the old kat but the model number but it does keep the gsxf name a live. Who could ask for more
                        Attached Files

Comment

Welcome to the 650 gsxf club dude! I always like the Kats, but have to say I'm STILL hooked! It's been 3 weeks now, and I'm already at 1200 miles, I don't even know where all if been, but I know that my car is covered in cobwebs.
                          2 wheels or walk!

Comment

Originally posted by Nero View Post
                            That goes for any bike that's not a 'Katana' in here (Go figure, the name's 'KatRiders'). Grow thick skin and shrug it off...:mrgreen:
                            Yeah but the point is that the GSX650F is considered the replacement for the Katana (and is called a katana in some places), and hence this being the natural place for it to be discussed. Having said that, I believe the 650F is basically a Bandit 650 in a full fairing, so I am hoping the Bandit Alley forum picks it up as they have a greater depth of technical knowledge and experience than this forum (not to mention being friendly to anyone, regardless of thier bike model).
                            Its good to see some other 650F owners posting here though, I look forward to us finding a place of our own, wherever it ends up being. I am about to book mine in for it's first service and I am well and truly letting forward to letting her rip on the ride home from that !
                            Ride it like you still owe money on it.

Comment

to be honest, i didnt even know it existed, looks pretty good for what i have seen, havent really sat on it or anything, just didnt like the way the handle bars

Comment

I got a call from a dealership yesterday basically offereing me the 650F for under 6k (Their website shows a 6099 +ttt) either they really want me to trade in or they are hurting for business.
                                I told them at the end of the year (Best time to do a trade in basically)
                                I still got a 750 Kat to build

Comment

Working...
                                X