• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone here own one yet

just curious to see if anyone here picked one up yet

i got one

Comment

I sat on one at a dealership here. It just seemed even bigger than my 750 kat. How do you like it? powerwise, etc? Compared to 600/750 Katana?

Comment

Originally posted by stratocastor80 View Post
        I sat on one at a dealership here. It just seemed even bigger than my 750 kat. How do you like it? powerwise, etc? Compared to 600/750 Katana?
        I just did the same thing at West Coast Powersports.

It does weigh more than the Kat 750.
        Yep after sitting on it and giving the bike a good look over- it does have some good point and bad points.

Good points, Overall looks I would give this bike a 4 out of 5 stars on looks alone. There are some cosmetic thing personally i would change, but not too much (I think we covered all the crap we would change- so no need to re-list it)
        Gauge cluster is a huge improvement from all the Analog Gauging we are all accustomed to.
        Tank: God I love the Fuel tank on this bike give the bike a more overall sportbike feel to it.
        Huge Selling point: The price and it looks better than the 08 Gixxers AND CBR's
        Bad points: This is where, from just sitting on the bike, I would have to change if i bought one.
        1) the 40lb Exhaust (pics do the exhaust justice) but my god is that thing huge- you can smuggle a Rotweiler puppy in that thing)
        2) The Riser bar- after sitting on the bike - yeah its gotta go- where's my clip ons (sorry i want to tank Slap)
        3) I didn't see a Fuel Gauge (maybe its on the Digital readout) but there is a low Fuel Light on the cluster like on the RR Bikes.
        4) The Wrap around inner fairing: Its friggen Huge!!! and it sits farther forward than the Gixxer and the SV (Basically pushing the Gauge cluster farther forward than really needed) Go sit on a Gixx and a SV then sit on the 650F and you'll see what i mean.
        5) The one piece seat sucks- period. I didn't sit on the two piece seat the bandit was sporting next to it- but it did look tons more comfty.

Now something on the wierd side: There is no centerstand for this bike. But if you look right near the swingarm pivot point at the exhaust midpipe there is a familair Centerstand bracket that is stock on the 98+ Kats.

Now the hard facts: Would i buy one. if this bike was around 3 years ago when i bought my Kat- I would ahve bought it over the Kat. But it didn't exist back then, now its staring me in the face and saying take me home.
        Would i trade my 05 600 for it- not on your life
        Would I buy a 650 F? Probably...

Comment

It has a fuel gauge and the center stand is a $160 addition. The fairing is wide to give you better wind protection. Your other points are spot on which is why I got an FZ6 instead.
          Dani

Comment

Originally posted by Dani View Post
            the center stand is a $160 addition.
            oooook, the salesman didn't say shiate about that but then again for that go blow 120 on swingarm poppers and grab a pit stand and spend the other 40 bucks to restock the beer fridge full of MGD

Comment

I've got one but every time someone posts about it or puts up a pic they get shot down around here. Seems like the only reason the GSXF section is here is so everyone can figure out what they dislike about it.
              Def not very many owners but with the welcome they get here I doubt they stop here long. Anyhow...

I have lowered the rear 2 in. Had the seat lowered and narrowed in the front with some blue piping. replaced the huge coffee can with a 2bro's exhaust which really makes it sound wicked. Competition Werkes is making an undertail for it and I have been keeping in touch with Shawn who seems to think that it should be out in a couple of weeks. Hopefully
              I plan on lowering the front soon and have a few more thing I want to do. This is my wifes bike and she loves it to death.

Comment

and where are the pics of this bike? i totally want to see it.
                and for the pro's and con's every bike has those. Until the Almighty Puts a bike on the earth- it will never be perfect. two different people can say totally different things about the same bike.
                Just because the Bike doesn't say Katana. People hate.
                Easy 10 dolla fix from Teddy.

Comment

I rode one at bikeweek. Its the little brother to my 1250S. Great ergos. good power. nothing bad to really say about it. Seemed a bit short on torque, But I had just ridden 1000 miles on my 1250, so everyhitng seemed short on torque to me. Great bike, but for the price I cant see why anyone wouldnt just pony up a few extra bucks and get the big brother. Just my 2 cents on the 650
                  Watching Obama run this country is like watching a train crash in slow motion.

Comment

i have heard that they seem to have the same of not more power than the Katana 750 can any one back that up? or deny it?

Comment

I have one

So far so good!

Comment

oh wow. I havent been on here that long to know that there is an entire new bike. The GSZF650? wow, I have been missing out.
                        Roops Photography|facebook|
                        03 GSXR 1000
                        04 Honda Aquatrax Jetski
                        Past: 92 Yamaha Seca II -> 04 Kat 600 -> 92 Kat w/gsxr 750 swap -> 01 GSXR 750 -> 03 GSXR 1000

Comment

I doubt that they have the same or more power than the 750 - if anything, less due to emission regulation. It's rated to 85hp which translates to 72hp on t he dyno. Not sure where the Kat750 is..
                          Dani

Comment

My 750 / 06 Dyno'd at 91hp.
                            Depending on how it is setup and its weight it could be quicker than the 750's. It is not all about HP.

Comment

power

Well, according to Rider the GSX650F dynoed at 73HP and with a weight that is a little bit more than the 750, I doubt that even gearing would make a big difference. But, people who buy this and the 750 usually care more about real world riding and torque at lo/mid range which is probably more important than peak power. I am sure it is adequate.
                              Dani

Comment

Working...
                              X