No announcement yet.
X

Pulling wheels up when taking off into Turns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hardly, yes you can get the front end up... if you clutch it up. The OP is not trying to clutch it up. He is worried bout the front coming up under power in a corner... that will not happen on a kat.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Assuming the Kat was prone to this sort of behaviour, there are a few linkages that can prevent this from occurring - the most important being the one between your helmet and right glove.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeiger View Post
        I have always been prone to pulling the wheels off the ground while I make right or left turns, I am 6'4 and I sit really far back in the seat.

Mainly on the older bikes I had the 2 stroke street bikes, so my question is how can I ride comfortably without pulling the wheel up and turning with my rear wheel.

I know this question is kind of assinine on Katana's since you cannot sit farther back on the seat like you could the older bikes, but it is one I have always wondered about. Even on the mini bikes I have put together I do the same thing.
        Have you ever ridden a katana!?
        Please, Just go home, relax, and have a think or two... hell... have as many as you can handle! It'll do all of us some good.
        Tony
        94 Katana 600

Comment

Originally posted by TRPUT View Post
          Assuming the Kat was prone to this sort of behaviour, there are a few linkages that can prevent this from occurring - the most important being the one between your helmet and right glove.
          Same thing I was thinking. First time I've heard of such a problem, perhaps you need to refine your clutch and throttle control skills. When 2 up with my oldest kid, he goes 200 lbs + my 220 lbs on my Kat or my Sprint doesn't lift a wheel unless I ask it to.
          Last edited by Astro4x4; 11-23-2011, 10:08 PM.
          2000 Katana 600
          2011 Triumph Sprint GT

Comment

Originally posted by Astro4x4 View Post
            he goes 200 lbs + my 220 lbs on my Kat or my Sprint doesn't lift a wheel unless I ask it to.
            poor kat and congrats on the sprint

Comment

Originally posted by the wind View Post
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

The O.P. is the member here who sold me my Katana. I had a feeling that he had never ridden it, just a hunch. Wait till ya see what I've done with it!

Comment

never had that problem with my kat ,like they say heavy and underpowered to a point ...
                  im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Working...
                  X