X

Pulling wheels up when taking off into Turns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pulling wheels up when taking off into Turns

I have always been prone to pulling the wheels off the ground while I make right or left turns, I am 6'4 and I sit really far back in the seat.

Mainly on the older bikes I had the 2 stroke street bikes, so my question is how can I ride comfortably without pulling the wheel up and turning with my rear wheel.

I know this question is kind of assinine on Katana's since you cannot sit farther back on the seat like you could the older bikes, but it is one I have always wondered about. Even on the mini bikes I have put together I do the same thing.

I dont think you will have that kindve problem with a kat. Unless you've built yourself a beast of a motor you've been hiding, lol jk.
    1992- project katfighter
    2005- GSXR750
    2001- TL1000R
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
    www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
    KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

The old two strokers pull the front wheels up really easy...

The Kat is heavy and underpowered...I do not think you will be having that problem with the Kat...
      "Life is what happens when you make plans..."

http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=119546

Comment

Yah there's really no power in the lower gears.

Comment

I have only pulled a wheelie coming thru a corner with a post 600 kat. I wasn't thinking about what i was doing " 1st gear w.o.t. and slammed 2nd with out dropping the throttle before shifting." I wouldn't recommend it due to the possiblity of 2nd gear failure! needless to say i had the dreaded head up a$$ syndrome that day.
          "The shortest distance between two points is for people that don't ride!"

2001 Suzuki TL1000R Sold to Cintidude "May you be one with the Torque!!"
          1998 Suzuki Gsxr 750 SRAD
          2006 Suzuki Katana 600

Comment

I raised the front wheel one time on my 750. Second gear, coming through an intersection and I goosed it really hard. Pretty much slammed the throttle wide open. Other than that once, raising the front end was never really a concern.
            Wherever you go... There you are!

17 Inch Wheel Conversion
            HID Projector Retrofit

Comment

As heavy and long as the Katana is, you would have to be really crankin' on it to get the front wheel up.
              Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want and deserve to get it good and hard. --
              H. L. Mencken

Comment

I got the thrust company 520 conversion kit with there "stage 2" gearing. My kat pulls the wheel up in first and second and if i am trying then third without popping the clutch. Downside always at high rpms

Comment

My bandit it will do it
                  Blood , its in you to give! http://www.blood.ca/

Comment

My Fizzer will do it too. Kat will in first if I try hard.

Comment

Katanas have to try very hard, even with 14/50 gearing a stage 1 DJ kit and a full Yoshi my 93 600 would barely pull it up in first under power. My 636 on the other hand...
                      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
                      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
                      Originally posted by soulless kaos
                      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by tconnelly View Post
                        I got the thrust company 520 conversion kit with there "stage 2" gearing.
                        What is stage 2 gearing??? Most people just say +/- # of teeth. There are no real stages.
                        1992- project katfighter
                        2005- GSXR750
                        2001- TL1000R
                        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Originally posted by cintidude04 View Post
                          What is stage 2 gearing??? Most people just say +/- # of teeth. There are no real stages.
                          I never bothered counting the teeth and they where advertised as Moderate, Race Stage 1, Race Stage 2 and Race Stage 3

all i know is these stage 2s make my bike top out at about 110

Comment

Never had a problem with the stock gearing in 1st or second gear...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2ux28bXF5Y"]good times playin' around - YouTube[/ame]
                            98 GSX750F
                            95 Honda VT600 vlx
                            08 Tsu SX200

HardlyDangerous Motosports

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X