No announcement yet.
X

How To Identify A Squid!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was surprised at how many people in ohio don't ride with even a helmet on.... watching rt. 35 in Dayton ohio tonight, i think i saw 1 helmet for every 10 riders. I think the cruiser guys are actually worse than the rockets....
    -Giaco
    '81 CM400C,
    '99 GSXF 750

Comment

• Many cruiser riders I have talked to, including family, say they feel safer on the cruiser than say a sport bike. That false sense of security lets them feel it is unnecessary for them, despite me informing them they can just as easily crack their heads open on a drop.
      1992- project katfighter
      2005- GSXR750
      2001- TL1000R
      http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
      www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
      KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• Originally posted by Giaco View Post
        I was surprised at how many people in ohio don't ride with even a helmet on.... watching rt. 35 in Dayton ohio tonight, i think i saw 1 helmet for every 10 riders. I think the cruiser guys are actually worse than the rockets....
        Cruisers are always worse than rockets... Its all about image to them... to me, i think a nice shoei or arai on a rocket looks awesome. not bungeed to the back seat but actually on your head!

Originally posted by Sierraromeobravo View Post
        wow...this reminds me of living in Hawaii seeing the huge Samoan guys rolling around on Busa's in nothing but board shorts and flip-flops. No helmet laws in Hawaii. Oh, and to top it off with a girl on the back in a bikini. I could only imagine what kind of a pizza that would make if they went down.

I ALWAYS wear helmet, Leather with elbow, back and shoulder padding (Joe Rocket 2.0?, 5.0? can't remember) and then jeans and boots. Occasionally i'll skip the boots and go with shoes but always the helmet, jacket and jeans. No way around it.

MMMMM bikini pizza lol hahhahaa
        Last edited by STULER; 04-23-2011, 03:09 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
        Ride like there's no tomorrow!!! You never know when your going to run out of "tomorrows"!!!
        Current Bikes:
        1997 Honda CBR1100XX Blackbird
        2007 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R Special Edition

Comment

• I find full gear sexy...I can understand the feeling of invincibility, but why tempt fate?

I saw two people on a sportbike last weekend...the passenger was in shorts and barefoot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Trackerrrr View Post
            Anyone riding in shorts, a wife beater, and flipflops....automatic squid.
            You must live near me
            I see that guy all the time
            I have got to work on my sensitivity ........ok thats over lets get to the next caring moment

Comment

• I used to see a lot of chicks in thongs and flip-flops riding near the beach in Panama City. Nice to look at, but definitely asking for a world of hurt...
              =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• The guy who I bought my R1 from showed up riding it in canvas shorts, tennis shoes with no socks, no gloves and a tank top.
                http://www.wickedelements.com

^^^^^^

Comment

• when i bought mine last yr the previous owner handed me a skull cap and said "that should protect the ol tater should somethin happen" i told him to keep it and went to cassidy ks and got a fieldsheer mesh jacket and helment for 100 bucks that would have been over 250 normally. they have crazy discounts down there during the bike rally the 1st weekend of every month from april-october and fun twisties on the way.
                  "If you can't be good, be good at it!"

Comment

• Squidliness is a state of mind, not a standard of dress or a set of actions. It can be identified by the way in which someone dresses, rides their bike or speaks about riding. Squids are usually younger, because most either maim or kill themselves before they get older. However, squids may last well into their thirties and forties when their guardian angel is working overtime.
                    =USAF= Retired

"If you can be convinced of an absurdity, you can be made to commit an atrocity." -Voltaire

Comment

• Originally posted by Nero View Post
                      I used to see a lot of chicks in thongs and flip-flops riding near the beach in Panama City. Nice to look at, but definitely asking for a world of hurt...
                      never sleep with anyone crazier than yourself sigpic2011,2012,2013,2014,2015,2016

Comment

Working...
                      X