X

Here's my ride...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here's my ride...

So here we go... Got this bike mostly for free from my brother. He had the bike for 10 years, hasnt move for about 7-8 . So here i am, getting this bike alive one more time. Suzuki Katana gsx600f 1988

Yup, 7-8 years = thiss

Old fairing that i won't use.

Bike is'nt starting. ( No kidding ! ). Prolly need to clean the carbs or do more. Get a new front headlight. New battery. The starter works. New chain & sprocket. Front brake are jammed. I will focus on getting the bike start, and after , will go for the esthetic.
    Last edited by RATM; 06-27-2012, 10:54 PM.

looks like its gonna be a fun project boss
    YES I did just kick your car door in for almost killing me.i bet next time you get into your car you will rember to look out for bikes

Comment

Old fairings look pretty good.....but I guess it depends what you envision.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
        Old fairings look pretty good.....but I guess it depends what you envision.
        +1. Good luck with the project
        1992- project katfighter
        2005- GSXR750
        2001- TL1000R
        http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
        www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
        KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

Hey sweet ride man! I just picked up my 1st bike few weeks ago. Same year and size. almost same color too... wierd. anyway keep posting! I'm having start problems as well, waitin on new ecu hopefully gonna ride by the weekend!

Comment

Is a nice project!!....Good luck

Comment

o come on now that chain still has a 1000 miles at least left on it!

but ya i would consider a new one.. if your going stock look, those fairings are perfect candidates for repair. cause theres very limited pre kat body parts
              but welcome and good luck
              Last edited by boomer_95; 06-28-2012, 08:07 PM.
              if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

omg :O those fairings are perfectly fine, its a waste to just not use them, just strip and repaint them!

Comment

Best of luck on the project.

Comment

that will keep you busy for a few days

Comment

id repaint the fairing s and use them
                      im an american proud and free , a son of the south dont tread on me.

Comment

Have fun! That's the same bike I ride Have you thought about a colour scheme?
                        Christine
                        Cambridge, Ontario, Canada

sigpic

Instead of telling someone who rides a motorcycle how dangerous it is -- LOOK TWICE before switching lanes, making turns, or pulling out of a drive way. Stay on your side of the road, especially in corners. Don't FOLLOW too closely; bikes can stop faster than cars can. Keep your eyes on the road and off your cell phones. If you care about someone who rides a motorcycle, please repost

Comment

THx every one for your comment! So i cleaned up the carbs. Got a new air filter, battery, spark plugs, changed oil.... Some new Idle screw + o-ring (2 ) , i really messed them up trying to unscrew them. Now i need to clean my fuel tank because its all rusted! New fuel petock is on the way too... 1 float bowl has an airline crack in the female hole of the drain plug. If anyone has a spare one... Bst31 ! Would really help me, i cant seems to find any.

BUT! I got the bike running really good. Holding idle, reving good.

I'm probably gonna keep the fairing on for now. But i have future plan for a streetfighter

Comment

LOL..chain makes me want a tetnus shot update.
                            heheheheh Looks pretty decent tho for sitting...
                            Is that headlight got a crack in it or just water running down?
                            "The two most powerful warriors are patience and time!" - Tolstoy

Comment

Glad to see that you are making some good progress on your bike.
                              Go that way really fast, if something gets in your way turn.

2001 Katana 600
                              2007 Honda Reflex
                              1992 Ninja ZX7

Comment

Working...
                              X