No Country for Old Katana's

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Country for Old Katana's

Isle of Man, very quick and deadly

The IOM Wiki claims 237 racers have died between 1907 and 2009. You defineatley need guts and skill to push it here.
    1990 GSXF 1100
    2011 KLR 650

Very cool! Very FAST!!

Comment

Insane. Isle of death TT, and yet racers come back year after year...Check out the book "Riding Man" by Mark Gardiner. He also has a video, "One Mans Island". Good stuff.

Comment

Holy smokes! The air they get coming over that hill is insane

Comment

Love watching the IOM races.
          90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
          I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
          Originally posted by soulless kaos
          but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Thats just freakin insane... Mad air off the hills and I am pretty sure that one guy that went over the edge got killed... I have no clue how those guys ride the bikes with ball that big...
            1992 Suzuki Katana 1127

Comment

Amazing skills...... those stone walls don't look very forgiving. Thanks Jim, for the book title as it's now on my reading list for the winter.
              sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
              ------------------------------------------
              89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
              96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Originally posted by Slofuze View Post
                Thanks Jim, for the book title as it's now on my reading list for the winter.
                +1
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

I've also watched some of the races there, on video only unfortunately. When they come off of the hills, land and just keep going is amazing. I wouldn't mind spending a week or two there and riding the island myself, in a more relaxed non-race mode.
                  Tony
                  1997 Yamaha Seca II - mostly stock, Racetech upgraded forks, FZ6R rear shock, Oxford Sports Style Heated Grips, Barkbusters Blizzard Cold Weather Handguards, a Scottoiler vSystem chain oiler. My Mileage Tracker Page

Comment

I really want to know what song that is. At least the band, if possible. Nevermind: it's Extreme Ways by Moby
                    Last edited by Lorelei; 10-04-2011, 04:09 PM.

Comment

wow, that race looks really intense... definitely takes a lot of skill to ride that fast

Comment

amazing... would have to be pretty skilled to do that one id say... and ya that one guy that went into the huge field or hill probably didnt make it out too well... or at all
                        if all else fails......... Get a hammer

parting out my 89 Kat 750

Comment

Holy Cow!!! That is amazing and Deadly .

Comment

Ive always wanted to go to Isle of Mann so for chits and giggles I tried to find a flight. For my wife and I to fly there, which you have to do a stop over in Paris (what a shame, right?) its $6,750. Just for the flight!

So if I ever have a extra $10k laying around, I know what Im gonna do with it.
                            Originally posted by arsenic
                            93 octane fuel and K&N pod filters rock.

Comment

Originally posted by kazahara View Post
                              wow, that race looks really intense... definitely takes a lot of skill to ride that fast
                              I agree...I was really into it until that guy went over the edge...SMH...that's hardcore
                              Respect the Kat!

Comment

Working...
                              X