Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

Fitting a Powerbronze under skirt, Crazy !

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just my luck, lol. Sure I will sort it some how, Thanks...
    sigpic“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”

Comment

Just a thought.....but have you tried these guys? Their parts are fiberglass and I've dealt with them. I'm not sure if it helps.....but it might.
      AirTech has the motorcycle fairings, fenders, tail sections, seats, and gas fuel tanks you are looking for! Building a cafe racer or a vintage race bike for Ahrma? Call us for all your project needs, we've got over 30 years of experience in manufacturing bodywork.
      sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
      ------------------------------------------
      89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
      96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Thanks for the link, will have a look. Do want a seat cowl now after seeing the pics of other bike on here. . . Really adds to the look of the bike.
        sigpic“It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.”

Comment

Hugger

The Hole
          Attached Files

Comment

While I'm at it, does anyone know where I can get original fairing decals ? The Katana ones. Having no luck over here. The previous owner dropped it off side stand onto gravel . Have had fairing sprayed but no luck with decals, cheers ..

Comment

the hardships of custom

Comment

Got Hugger on, now understand what the big hole is for. It compensates for the under tray . The under tray (when sat on bike) would touch where the hole is. Hugger and under tray are both from powerbronze. They both look good at min. Finnish off this weekend, will put pic on here. Having some decals made should be ready tom. All going good at min. cheers............

Comment

Let's see some pics!!!!
                  "We are not all beautiful unique flowers. Some of us have bad ideas and bad taste and the things we do come out awful, no matter how much work we put in."

Comment

I found a link for them somewhere. I think it was from webBikeWorld. Lemme look. If I can't find it here at work it's in my favorites at home.

I know you can buy them all at bikebandit.com, but it'll cost a pretty penny... or a pretty pence I guess?

EDIT: http://www.alloutgraphics.com/produc...ki/Katana.html

They're not exact, but they're close enough I doubt anyone would notice. And a heck of lot cheaper than the real ones. You can even get reflective ones.
                    Last edited by downrangefuture; 12-17-2010, 01:03 PM.
                    "Courage is not reckless abandon, or bravery in the absence of fear. It is the knowledge of fear, the wisdom to know the costs of failure, the prudence to minimize those costs, and, in so doing, courage is the mastery of fear. Courage without fear is lunacy."

Comment

Hugger

Thanks for the link, Should be picking some up tom' from local company
                      (Image works) That should be a perfect copy of originals ( but not plastic. ) They should be 3d , silver on a black background at a cost of £18. Will put pic on here if any good. Also post Address in case anyone interested.
                      Here are a cpl of pics of rear end so far , Thank's again...
                      Attached Files

Comment

Hugger

Yahoooooooooooooooooo! All on and looking good. Did My head in at first but well worth the bother.... The hugger and under tail are made to go together and really improve the line of the bike. This is the first time I've fitted Power bronze stuff , it seems strong and up to the job. Would have liked to bolted the under tail to the frame for ease of mind. Had to settle with stitching tie wraps along the edges of existing under tail. Will keep a good eye on it . Hope the pic's will help if any of you are thinking of doing the same. You may even find a better way of doing it and if so good idea to put on here help the next Bloke . Only have to fit the screen and decals now and give Her a good wash and polish. Will put pic of end result on here soon . Thanks all for your comments and replays to my post. And thanks to Jaybell for his warm welcome on my first ever thread
                        Attached Files

Comment

Looks really cool

Great job. Similar to what I did on mine.
                          "The usefulness in a cup is in its emptiness" Bruce Lee

Comment

Very nice, well worth all the effort!

Comment

Originally posted by lifeguard1962 View Post
                              Great job. Similar to what I did on mine.
                              Cool, was yours the same make ?

Comment

Nice!!!!! ....... very nice indeed!
                                sigpicLife throws you curves......enjoy the ones you get when riding.
                                ------------------------------------------
                                89 GSX750F(sold....sob)
                                96 YZF 1000R

Comment

Working...
                                X