My build - Uglier Betty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice I love fighters

Comment

yep I knew the drag bars would look bad ***!

Comment

hey dude cool bike im also a cf member you may have ssen me around there lol katfighters all the way
        I always saw Wile E. Coyote as some sort of Sisyphus-like protagonist: endlessly re-enacting the futility and sorrow of the human experience through failed attempts at overcoming obstacles via technological advancement. The Roadrunner is a Hades figure, endlessly tormenting him with what he wants, just out of reach in an eternal desert. Meep meep

Comment

i think it looks great on my 2nd 95gsxf 750 rebuild its cold where im at but i got it started. yur bike is lookin great keep up the nice work

Comment

Been WAYYYYYY too long since I've worked on the bike. It's been covered in the basement, s I have had a ton to do lately, and no money to play. Time to get back to business. I need to figure something out with my air filter situation. Won't be able to keep the stock filter, so I am looking into getting some pods and a jet kit.

Can anyone recommend some affordable pods?

Also, What is everyones take on what jet kit is best? I have the free flowing exhaust, and will have pods so what stage would be appropriate?

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
              Been WAYYYYYY too long since I've worked on the bike. It's been covered in the basement, s I have had a ton to do lately, and no money to play. Time to get back to business. I need to figure something out with my air filter situation. Won't be able to keep the stock filter, so I am looking into getting some pods and a jet kit.

Can anyone recommend some affordable pods?

Also, What is everyones take on what jet kit is best? I have the free flowing exhaust, and will have pods so what stage would be appropriate?

If your going to use pods, work out some kind of velocity stack option with them. I also suggest further restricting the flow of the pods by adding a cover over them (even a simple tube sock helps). (pods flow too much air freely causing tuning issues for kat engines.)

As for the jetkit... Factory Pro stage 1 kits are the best all around. If you want to ride the bike on the road/streets, stick with stage 1s.

Krey
              93 750 Kat

Modified Swingarm, 5.5 GSXR Rear with 180/55 and 520 Chain, 750 to 600 Tail conversion, more to come. Long Term Project build thread http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=96736

"I've done this a thousand times before. What could possibly go wron.... Ooops!"

Comment

Originally posted by Kreylyn View Post
                If your going to use pods, work out some kind of velocity stack option with them. I also suggest further restricting the flow of the pods by adding a cover over them (even a simple tube sock helps). (pods flow too much air freely causing tuning issues for kat engines.)

As for the jetkit... Factory Pro stage 1 kits are the best all around. If you want to ride the bike on the road/streets, stick with stage 1s.

Krey
                Stage one sounds good then.

Yeah, I understand the pods will cause tuning issues and what not, but I don't really have any other option to be honest, there is no room. I'm not worried about tuning or rejetting, non of that is too bad, but I'd like to save myself the time and money and get a jet kit that someone else has already bought and knows will work well

I was toying with a velocity stack or a 2 into 1 (x2) idea. I also thought about using a cloth cover element outside to restrict some air.

Comment

Ok, Finally did something!!!

Made a battery mount, with hold down, plate mount, and mount for my plate light.

Just mocked in there, can't actually weld it in till I get some pods and make a frame!

Also decided to see how bright the tail light is at night with the plate light. Plate light is not so hot, but I know that as I used it before this build, tail light is really intnese:

Running with Left turn

Brake Only

Comment

Originally posted by fox24086 View Post
                    what gauge are you running now and how did you mount it?
                    Sorry, missed this. I only have stock ones zip tied for the moment, but will be eventually getting a Trailtech Vapor Stealth gauge.

Got some work done!

Got the subframe, tank mount and seat mount all take care of. You can still take the seat off, and the battery comes out (but you have to pull the tank and pods off - but I don't care!)

-- I have to finish welding and clean the welds up, and add a few gussets, but the majority of it is done. Big relief.

For anyone concerned, this is sturdy as ****. Stood on the seat and jumped pretty hard.

Now that it is together, I think that I like the brake light better here.

This is the subframe for the seat pan, almost complete.

And so I couldn't help but mock it together to get a look

Practiced pinstriping my fender and headlight (you can see the headlight in one of the other pics)
                    This isn't final, I was just trying out a design. I like it, so when I repaint them I'll do something similar.

Lastly, I'm thinking of reusing the stock front fender, and thinking of cutting it along this shape. I'm open to any photochop ideas or suggestions.

Last edited by venturesomerite; 03-10-2011, 07:52 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Comment

Lookin good man!

Comment

Ok, did a little more work tonight....

Made my seat!
                        Started with the foam out of the stock Kat seat, then glued it to the seat pan that I made.

Then I shaved it until I got the shape I wanted.

Then I covered it in fleece to hide any imperfections in my not so amazing foam shaping abilities.

Then covered it in the pleather I picked up.

And it looks like a bike again!!!

Comment

So Freakin' Sweet! You've got some skills! Keep up the good work.

Comment

umm.. MAD MAX STYLE!
                            03/03/2010 - got 99 Kat 750 ,881 miles,blue, STOCK.
                            04/03/2010 - 2069 miles. Burley frame sliders, mesh mod, carbs overhauled.
                            08/05/2010 - 8562 Miles, SS lines, shovel del., int. brake light
                            10/08/2010 - 9862 miles, GSXR cams, futomo Valve
                            05/22/2011- 11884 Miles, -GSXR cams -Futomo Valve +advancer

Comment

Great job on the seat.

Comment

Great job on the seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X