My build - Uglier Betty

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bad luck!

But super build, thanks for sharing.

LOVE the orange/copper. Fantastic color!
    http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=110816

1994 GSX750F Katana with:

Michelin Pilot Road 2's, 120/70, 150/70,
    Race Tech 1.0kg springs with 25mm preload,
    R6 rear shock w/14.3kg Eibach spring,
    1" Soupys bar risers, Zero Gravity windshield,
    RK GXW Gold Chain, My own fender eliminator,
    3BBB turn signal mirrors,
    Black painted seat and rear trim,
    Nelson-Rigg CL-135, CL-150, CL-950.

Comment

Bike is coming out awesome!
      Handle every stressful situation like a dog.
      If you can't eat it, or hump it.
      pi ss on it and walk away

Comment

Awesome build

Love the build... I was going to do something similar about my tensioners, the left one bent 3 times just from puillin hard(think it was weak when I got the bike)... I ended up getting a bandit setup but you could easily make your flush style with what you have... grind the stud off the piece that goes in the swing arm and weld a nut inside then use a bolt on the outside. Its the same process as modding a bandit tensioner and didn't like the look of the stud sticking out there.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by niqbales; 11-26-2010, 02:37 PM. Reason: grammar
        95 GSX600F -- GO DUCKS -- 06 R6
        Avoiding danger is no safer in the long run than outright exposure. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing -Helen Keller
        ---
        I often post mobile; Keep that in mind when I write like a 5th grader

Comment

Not much new, just an updated photo with header wrap in it. Also mirrors.

So the season has come to an end, which means that my temporary set up can be taken off and redone the way I want.

So I started on a new seat from scratch using an old sign I had laying around. I thought that the outline looked like balls so I drew some hairs.

Here is it just kinda mocked. Still have to finish cutting out the old subframe and then go buy the steel for a new one.

Comment

Maybe that Ugleir Betty aint so ugly after all! That **** looks awsome!Keep it up

Comment

I've been thinking of switching it to black drag bars, with next to no rise on the mounts. Whatcha think?

Comment

I like the paint scheme on the wheels, rotors and sprocket. Not too big a fan of the rest of the style though. I always thought people made street fighters when they totaled their body work....I bet someone out there would love to have your used plastic

Comment

Originally posted by PAIN View Post
                  I like the paint scheme on the wheels, rotors and sprocket. Not too big a fan of the rest of the style though. I always thought people made street fighters when they totaled their body work....I bet someone out there would love to have your used plastic
                  Most people do. I just like fighters.

I'll be putting up my old stuff I don't need on ebay.
                  Parts I can think of are two right fairings, one left, both rear fairings, rear seat,grab bar, rear pegs, OEM solo cowl with pad, modified stock seat, battery box, all 4 blinkers, head light and brackets, tinted windshield (maybe called smoked? was on it when I bought it) two mufflers (one dented) tiny bit of rash, front brake lines, front fender, tail light, flush mount blinkers, gauges,luggage bars, gauge cluster(cracked), stock airbox and boots with filter that has 2k on it and anything else I forgot that didn't use. Also have a 2 sets mirrors, 1 set off a gsxr I believe, mounted and taken off, one set with built in blinkers (never mounted in packaging)
                  Maybe soon my clip ons and possibly controls. They are all in pretty good condition, bike has about 10k on it, most parts were taken off around 8-9k
                  Last edited by venturesomerite; 12-12-2010, 01:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by venturesomerite View Post
                    I've been thinking of switching it to black drag bars, with next to no rise on the mounts. Whatcha think?
                    Think the no rise drag bars will look sick!

Comment

new parts - 03 gsxr stabilizer and adjusters off an 03 sv650

On the way - Black drag bars and an 04 LED r6 taillight

Comment

It's hard for someone to find something that everyone can agree on nowadays, but the quality of your work is impressive. I like the colors and how you basically have a bike like no other. very unique keep up the good work.

Comment

Another new friend, drag bars

Comment

Been super sick, not making alot of progress.

Finished cutting out the sub frame. I'm thinking about making it bolt on instead of weld on for when I want to change it again next year.(lol)

I also got the drag bars mocked up. Not sure how I feel about them. I might go back to clip ons, and just save these for my bobber.

I also think I am going to reuse the stock belly pan, but modified.

Comment

This is the tail light/blinkers I will be using.

Few pictures of me playing with the set up. Got the beginning bits of the new subframe together.

Comment

what gauge are you running now and how did you mount it?

Comment

Working...
                                X