X

I pulled the trigger.... (lots o pics)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by steves View Post

I can just about flat foot it. *JUST* about.

So its like this?: think heavy...think heavy.... got it
    -2000 "750"

Comment

I wouldn't dare try to test ride a new machine, unless I had the cash in hand ready to buy. That's a $10k liability for the dealer.
      90% of motorcycle forum members do not have a service manual for their bike.

Originally posted by Badfaerie
      I love how the most ignorant people I have met are the ones that fling the word "ignorant" around like it's an insult, or poo. Maybe they think it means poo
      Originally posted by soulless kaos
      but personaly I dont see a point in a 1000 you can get the same power from a properly tuned 600 with less weight and better handeling.

Comment

Originally posted by Cheriff View Post
        So its like this?: think heavy...think heavy.... got it
        It means that on a crowned or slightly uneven road I can't put both feet down, which was not a problem with the bandit.

Maybe I'll try to talk Jay into into helping me check the suspension settings.
        -Steve

sigpic
        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

And the incoming gel seat may help..
          -2000 "750"

Comment

hopefully.
            -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Very nice bike....Congrats!!

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm...ndID=107018844
              http://www.youtube.com/user/neoshifter

Genesis 9:6
              Whosoever sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed......RIP Daniel A. Mguire,you'll always be in my heart brother.

Comment

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                Not talking about me, I was talking about anyone around here. (lots of kr friends on here who I ride with and their friends)

And I have 3 years w/ an endorsement thank you very much.
                But you're still 19 . Full of "pi$$ & vinegar" , as the saying goes .....
                I am a fluffy lil cuddly lovable bunny , dammit !

Katrider's rally 2011 - md86

Comment

Originally posted by steves View Post
                  Look at it from their perspective. Let a 19 year old with 6 months of experience on a 10k machine?

hey!...i'm 20 lol. with 5 years.
                  1995 katana 600

Comment

This is definately killin' me I tell ya!!!!!

Originally posted by Edbean View Post
                    Not talking about me, I was talking about anyone around here. (lots of kr friends on here who I ride with and their friends)

And I have 3 years w/ an endorsement thank you very much.
                    I know I promised awhile back that I wouldn't bag on you Beaner but....

(3) years is just a warmup...really it is...

Last edited by DayKat; 04-30-2009, 07:35 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost
                    It would't be any fun if it was easy! BUT, it does have to be this much fun!!

Comment

Congrats, i am so jealous.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

i was just at the triumph dealer today and looked the sprint over , nice ! except when i looked at the price tag . one of these days !

Comment

Okay, so I've got a little over 700 miles on the bike now.
                          In those 700 miles I've switched to the Triumph Gel Seat, and added ProGrip 699 Gel Grips. I rotated the front brake lever down a bit and I had wanted to rotate the clutch lever down a bit, but there's a clearance issue with the location of the wires for the clutch safety switch, so it's as low as it can go. I also added a set of Throttlemeisters, and have Pazzo racing levers on order.

The biggest disappointment for me on the Sprint, is the lack of a hydraulic clutch. The pull on the clutch lever can get to be a bit much, especially waiting in traffic while in first gear. Eventually I'll get over it... but sheesh... Triumph should seriously consider adding that in the next revision of the machine.

Longest day so far has been 160 miles round trip with a break for lunch. Prior to that I had done about 120 mile trip without the throttlemeisters. As many of you know, I've had issues with vibrations on the highway causing tingling in my hands, so I'm very careful with the highway trips. Before the addition of the gel grips and throttlemesiters... it was still an issue for me.

I got the grips from new enough, and switched my primary gloves over to Teknic Supervent Pro Gloves with gel palms. After the switch in grips, and addition of the throttlemeisters and new gloves... Vibration doesn't appear to be causing any numbness for me which is great. I'm going to try to start doing some increasing distance with more highway to see how things work out, but I'm pretty confident at this point.

The machine itself is very response, and easy to ride. I still need to do some more fine tuning on the suspension, but so far it's been a capable machine. Even with the hard bags on, it's pretty easy to zip around corners, and has more than enough power. The built in trip computer is a nice feature of the bike as it shows both current MPGs, overall MPGs, and miles to empty. Riding conservativly in the break in period, I'm averaging right around 45mpg. Were I riding harder and shifting less... I'm expecting that'll drop to somewhere in the mid to high 30's which still isn't really that bad.

The factory power-let receptacle is great, since I can power my GPS or heated gear from it with no changes only the purchase of a dongle... and the Sprint is apparently pre-wired with a GPS connector/fuse combo which I need to do some additional research on.

My friend Walt was also here over the weekend with his 2004 VFR and I had the option to ride them back to back. The VFR is still a competent machine, but honeslty the smooth power from the 1050cc I3 beats the 800cc VTEC anyday of the week. The VFR might have slightly better ergos, but the saddle is hard and wide.

Overall I am still pleased with the purchase. It's going to get a break for a week it looks like while I wait for my first service appointment... which is okay because the other bikes were starting to get lonely anyway. Maintenance intervals on the sprint are an oil change with fully synthetic once per year or 10k miles.

Valve adjustment interval is 10k, 30k, and 50k miles. I'm not certain if I'll do this, or take it in for the service yet... since it's shim under bucket adjusters and there's quite a bit of bike to remove in order to get to them including plastic, radiators, and the like.
                          -Steve

sigpic

Comment

Congrats on the Sprint... Hell of a nice bike.
                            SAV

Head up, eyes open... always!!!
                            Be... and be not afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by md86 View Post
                              But you're still 19 . Full of "pi$$ & vinegar" , as the saying goes .....
                              I like beer and salt/vinegar lays

Comment

Congrats on the new bike!
                                02 Katana 600 (weekend toy) 11.892 @ 111.92 MPH
                                90 GSXR 750/1216
                                96 Chevy S-10 (work truck)
                                87 Rear Engine Dragster 8.46 @ 157MPH
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X