X

My Latest Work

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, those are stunning!
    I have embarked on the road of modding. Even if you BOLT ON new parts to a bike, there will be someone somewhere that has the same combination. With the Kat, you have a unique platform. Sure, some parts might be from other bikes, but no one will have the same combination. It will be truly yours and unique.
    -Unholy m-
    Current project: Un-Katchable
    sigpic

Comment

• Nice to see the HIDs done right Looks good!

Comment

• Holy freaking crap. I love what you did with those. I have not seen such a great install.
        My Addiction (94 600 Kat)

Addicted to Modification since... 1995!
        Electrical Tape, Zip-Ties, and Rivets are more like accents then eye sores.

Comment

• speechless
          '01 600 Kat w/ Vance and Hines Pipe

Comment

• I had to stare at it for over an hour before I could make the decision that the shrouds would fit in there. Intitially my thought was, "oh, no way in hell are those going to fit"... It was a tough call because I really didnt want to have to buy another headlight assembly if I guessed wrong.

In the end I had to trim the bases of the shrouds and also the "divider" piece that sits above the alignment bowls. Probably about 2-3 hours of total Dremel time, with most of that spent on the first side. I went with the "I can always take off more" strategy which is why it took so long.
            -2000 "750"

Comment

• Looks amazing! What all do you need for that headlight mod? I get confused with headlights and such!
              "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
              Chris
              graphic designer | drummer
              2002 Katana 600
              Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

• Dec---> http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=118222
                1992- project katfighter
                2005- GSXR750
                2001- TL1000R
                http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=111130
                www.lunchtimecigar.com

KATRIDERS RALLY 2014 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2015 - cintidude04
                KATRIDERS RALLY 2016 - cintidude04

Comment

• amazing build OP... keep it up

Comment

• Thanks bud!
                    "It's better to fail in originality than succeed in imitation."-Herman Melville
                    Chris
                    graphic designer | drummer
                    2002 Katana 600
                    Check out my band Decadence @ Reverb Nation: http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/decadenceband

Comment

• Here is the headlight after some flat black covering all the shiny bits (I noticed that I need to adjust the blue CCFL when I saw this picture):

And here is an update to my new frame sliders. LED glow will come out around the blue piece in the center... Suzuki logo goes in the rectangle in the center... They look better in person than they do in these pics.

-2000 "750"

Comment

• Looks sweet! Are you going to run them both as lows or just one as low? I don't remember seeing what projectors you're using and if they were bi-xenon or not.

Comment

• Both on for lo and hi. I went with the morimoto projectors which use a small arm on a solenoid for hi/lo operation.
                          -2000 "750"

Comment

• Big moment for me this evening. I found an LED board I must have populated for my slider project almost a year ago, so I loosely set it in place inside the slider so I could see my invention light up for the first time. Unfortunately I put the LEDs on the wrong side (although I believe the design has changed since last year soit was correct at the time) so I can't use this board in the final installation.. Anyway, that just means ignore the wires that you can see coming out of the front side of the slider. Also the hole in the center will be covered when they are finished and the center piece will be properly centered when assembled for real...

When off:

Turned on:

CCFL-like glow from certain angles:

Another view:

When looking straight into it the light is pretty intense. There are 'hot' and 'cool' areas which do resemble the jet afterburner glow. From a side angle it gets much more subtle and just emits a soft glow.

Then here is the headlight with just the blue CCFL lights on:
                            -2000 "750"

Comment

• Didn't get to do a lot this weekend (house duties)... However I was able to complete the headlight. I also looked found some places to stick the ballasts. I will post pictures of that later when I wire them for the final time.

One thing worth noting here is a product shout-out. Before assembling the headlight I tried the Mother's headlight restorer (the one that comes with the foam ball to fit a drill). It's around $20 and I was willing to try it because last year I was pretty dissapointed with the $8 version from some generic manufacturer.. It really helped shine up the Kat headlight and even got out some soft scrathes. I was ok paying the $20 for it because my truck was starting to get some foggy lenses. In about 10 minutes it brought them back to new.. Very very good job.
                              Last edited by Cheriff; 06-19-2011, 07:35 PM.
                              -2000 "750"

Comment

• Wow that headlight is going to give the whole bike a different look. Can't wait to see it completed should be one of the best looking posts around.
                                Did I mention I like blue

Richard
                                96 Suzuki GSX750F
                                89 Suzuki GSX600F Project
                                05 Yamaha WR450F
                                05 Yamaha YZ450F

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X