No announcement yet.
X

Why the F do they make stop signs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sorry to hear about the accident. at least no one is hurt!

if your insurance is not gonna do anything to fetch the money from the other driver, get a lawyer!
    sigpic
    2008 GSX-650F / 1990 GSX-600F sold facebook

Comment

Glad the family is OK...Hope everything works out for you.
      Bill
      1989 Katana 600 Blue on Black
      sigpic

Comment

Holy crap Tk,
        glad everyones ok I used to have the exact same car kinda scary .....anyhow Im sure its been mentioned but your insurance company will definetly sue her ...how long that takes is up to the courts the insurance company and her .....
        Hope everything works out though
        Last edited by quik89Kat; 01-13-2009, 05:55 AM.
        1992 kawa Zx-7 -750cc
        2003 fairings,1995 gas tank,polished frame,muzzy titanium exhaust,Unknown jet kit,520 chain conversion,polished forks,race tail,fcr flatside carbs...
        sigpic1989 katana 1100F,v&H exhaust,FP jet kit,FP advancer,avon venom tires,polished swingarm,NRC covers ,big bore kit,manual cam chain tensioner,k&n filters .
        Burn rubber, not your soul. Ride among us.
        A.S.E. master certified auto tech

Comment

That sucks man. Glad everybody is OK.

Make sure you push the insurance to pay for equal value and not some POS.

Comment

glad that your family is OK. It would be very scary to know just how many people on the road do not have insurance. My daughter and I were rearended on the interstate Summer before last by a car load of uninsured illegal Mexicans. Thank God I had paid for uninsured driver coverage.

Walter Sobchak: You know, Dude, I myself dabbled in pacifism once.

Comment

update:
              The girl that was at fault definitely has 0 insurance. Luckily for us, we have full coverage. The claims adjuster is calling the car a total loss. It is paid off and $400 to us after deductable. Our loan company is going to work with us on another loan. We found a 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT with 53,000 miles on it and very clean. It is actually a step up in size but not a drop in fuel mileage. Loan is in process of finalizing. The mileage is half of what we had on the Mitsubishi Galant.

With all that said, we hope we can servive all this auto industry crap going on. The wifey and I both work in the industry. Some might question getting another car and having another loan with all that is going on. Here is the deal, without this car, we have basically nothing for the family to get to and from. I am a firm believer in where there is a will there is a way. I personally will make sure all is good.
              TDA Racing/Motorsports
              1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
              Who knows what is next?
              Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!
              Please look at this build! http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=91192

Comment

OUCH!!

Glad your wife is OK. Some people's kids I tell ya......

Joe
                If it ain't zip tied, it ain't modified.

sigpic

Comment

I like the "new" car Thom
                  sigpic

WERA West #71/MWGP #71/CVR #71
                  MSF Rider Coach 27028
                  MoPowerSports.com
                  Torco
                  SoCalTrackDays

Comment

here is the scoop, seems the bank that said they would work with us because we are a good customer is giving us greef. They are located in Ohio and know about the situation with our work place laying off workers. They are afraid to give a loan due to not knowing if we can pay it in a month or two months.
                    My 2 cents: wtf, we paid the first loan without a problem. I went through unemployment and job change. IMO where there is a will there is a way. I make money on the side that I can't show them. sux!
                    TDA Racing/Motorsports
                    1982 Honda CB750 Nighthawk, 1978 Suzuki GS750 1986 Honda CBR600 Hurricane; 1978 Suzuki GS1100E; 1982 Honda CB750F supersport, 1993 Suzuki Katana GSX750FP. 1981 Suzuki GS1100E (heavily Modified) http://katriders.com/vb/showthread.php?t=94258
                    Who knows what is next?
                    Builder of the KOTM Mreedohio september winning chrome project. I consider this one to be one of my bikes also!

Comment

Really glad to see your family walked away without injuries... With that weather, could it be that she actually tried to stop & slid into the car instead? Just curious... (doesn't alleviate her obligation for insurance obviously -- but I'm pleased that it's just a car and not injured family members & $100k in medical bills to boot).

Good luck with the new car (personally, I'd buy another of the same as what you had -- it obviously did the job well); as for the financing, well the market is tight right now... try a local credit union instead

Cheers,
                      =-= The CyberPoet

__________________________________________________ ________
                      CyberPoet's Katana Maintence and Upgrade Parts Offerings
                      The Best Metal Steel Aluminum Motorcycle Tire Valves in the World, plus lots of motorcycle & Katana (GSX600F / GSX750F) specific help files.
                      Remember The CyberPoet

Comment

It might be worthwhile looking into filing a civil suit against the other driver and seek garnishment of future wages.
                        -Steve

sigpic
                        Welcome to KatRiders.com! Click here to register
                        Don't forget to check the Wiki! http://katriders.com/wiki

Comment

civil suit is going to happen.
                          Cyber, the roads were clear that day!
                          TDA Racing/Motorsports
                          Who knows what is next?

Comment

Working...
                          X